Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs is a bit like the AFL player version of Gary Busey. You might have written a script with Nick Nolte in mind, but then have to settle for Gary. Nick you could build an a-grade movie around, Gary more the role player for craggy, hard-living guy who's slightly off the hinge. Such it is for Tabs. He's there because of the role, not because you can build a team around him. He's that much better if he doesn't have to carry things, but be part of the support characters that bob up in the wake. I reckon, other than his history with injury, he rates pretty well on the Busey-scale.

Tabs is a bit like the AFL player version of Gary Busey. You might have written a script with Nick Nolte in mind, but then have to settle for Gary. Nick you could build an a-grade movie around, Gary more the role player for craggy, hard-living guy who's slightly off the hinge. Such it is for Tabs. He's there because of the role, not because you can build a team around him. He's that much better if he doesn't have to carry things, but be part of the support characters that bob up in the wake. I reckon, other than his history with injury, he rates pretty well on the Busey-scale.

That's freakn funny. I used to always get those two mixed up!!

Nick Nolte was great in Point Break!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We, just like the coaches, have rarely seen these guys together. I'm not sure I'd Taberner, Lobb and Hogan are a workable combo, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Our best game of last year included this combo in Canberra which I was very happily surprised to witness live. Sadly it was but a 1 game sample I think..

Our best game of last year included this combo in Canberra which I was very happily surprised to witness live. Sadly it was but a 1 game sample I think..
Was going to say this. The forward line worked. Tabs was deeper, leading to Hogan who was marking about 60m out. Lobb was clunking marks on the wing. It can work if they get out of each other’s way. Walters and Matera next to them was another bonus.
Be stupid to have a marking ability of Tabs on the sidelines whilst Hogan is double teamed with Lobb rucking. Darcy is the odd one out.

Hi All - this thread is training reports; if you want to post your opinions ad nauseum on Matt Taberner (And these opinions were already all known anyway as you have all voiced the same rhetoric previously) may I ask that you do it in a separate thread? Thanks.

Any training news?

Yours Mr Grumpy Killjoy

Don't mind that. Nolte is probably a better actor but Busey has played in more good movies.

We should play Tabs on the wing. He can run all day up the wings giving an option.

All good in theory, plan kinda falls down when he gets the ball and needs to make a decision on what to do with it and then execute in slow motion.

I'm hoping this 6 on the bench rule comes into effect.

It just helps get more game time into the kids which is all I really want for this seasons.

You would think we'd see at least 2 of Young, Henry and Serong in rd 2 if that happens
Think Gil has said today that there is an option for 6 on the bench if we need to fit games in a shorter period but we won't run with it until that is necessary.

So it likely won't be happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else pretty excited about what this team can do with a bit of injury luck? decent forward line if sturt and hogan are fit.
For the first time in a long time I feel we have legitimate natural talent in the forward half. Hogan's best is AA calibre, Walters is AA and Sturt and Henry are actual elite talents for the front half.

Anyone got the text?

0f09ca091404a93ee352d0908745dcb5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back