Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

BEN CROCKER: I was a little surprised to be picked up by Adelaide. I watched the rookie draft at Collingwood. It's good to be here and have the support of Tyson Goldsack too.

What does this mean?
Goldsack now lives in Adelaide. Has family here.

It's weird. Goldsack is joining Port Magpies as a player and development coach.
Perhaps they're room mates or drinking buddies?

I don't see how its weird?

He's moving interstate for the 1st time in his life, he's played footy with Tyson Goldscack for the past 4-5 years, he's simply saying it'll be nice that there's someone he already knows well in Adelaide and can catch up with.

Doubt it , I think he’s cooked

I must say, Gibbs has me a little worried.

I'd like to think he can turn it around with a new coach, we paid enough to bring him across FFS.

However I could very quickly see him struggling to maintain his spot if he can't find his 2017 form again.

The issue is, he's not really a modern day forward and our back half is relatively stocked for rebounders who are probably better at the role than he is. He's stuck with midfield, but with a bunch of younger, faster, hungrier players on his heels. Gibbs had just lost all desire last year and at 30~ is much harder to rekindle that desire than at 20. There also appears to be a bit going on off the field that has him below his best.

If he can find form, then I think we actually have a pretty big year as a fit midfield of B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, Gibbs and hopefully a breaking out Milera is pretty strong and experienced.

Someone around here mentioned him being akin to a Giraffe :)
w-pinterest-com-4-5b7-c5593a-e-jpg.716221

That is very funny. I was having a friendly crack at Mutineer
Who asked about the lads nickname
I thought Mutineer had already decided on one from his post earlier in this thread
:)

“All those guys last year could run like gazelles, even Jordan Butts has some toe for a tall....this bloke runs like a giraffe....”

That is very funny. I was having a friendly crack at Mutineer
Who asked about the lads nickname
I thought Mutineer had already decided on one from his post earlier in this thread
:)

“All those guys last year could run like gazelles, even Jordan Butts has some toe for a tall....this bloke runs like a giraffe....”
If he can jump as high as a giraffe we've done well :grin:

Pretty sure Gibbs would spend most of his 2020 in the SANFL. It's too late in his career for a resurgence now.

Think he's cover for Matt or Sloane and that's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be underwhelmed. Giraffes aren't good jumpers.

You do realise how tall giraffes are? :grin:

I must say, Gibbs has me a little worried.

I'd like to think he can turn it around with a new coach, we paid enough to bring him across FFS.

However I could very quickly see him struggling to maintain his spot if he can't find his 2017 form again.

The issue is, he's not really a modern day forward and our back half is relatively stocked for rebounders who are probably better at the role than he is. He's stuck with midfield, but with a bunch of younger, faster, hungrier players on his heels. Gibbs had just lost all desire last year and at 30~ is much harder to rekindle that desire than at 20. There also appears to be a bit going on off the field that has him below his best.

If he can find form, then I think we actually have a pretty big year as a fit midfield of B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, Gibbs and hopefully a breaking out Milera is pretty strong and experienced.
The big question for me is "is Gibbs cooked or is he simply out of form"?
I personally think he was out of form for whatever reason(s). I also think the entire team morale didn't help the players that were out of sorts with form or other social stress to deal with. Hopefully some team morale is lifted next year, and some rejuvenation with all the incoming youngsters, this can bring out the best in players again. Gibbs being the one player I hope to see lift in 2020.

It's weird. Goldsack is joining Port Magpies as a player and development coach.
Perhaps they're room mates or drinking buddies?

Tyson has moved over with his family and Ben is now staying with them. Tyson originally moved over to play with St Peters, then Port snapped him up.

Gollant looks like how 18 year olds are supposed to look body wise

it's actually refreshing....

Watched a few more of his highlight videos on the NAB League app today.

I wonder if he could play as the third tall in defence. He actually reminds me a little bit of Lever with his running style and kicking action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back