Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we have a full coaching set up by then

That’s the interesting thing, we are going into preseason training without a footy ops manager and settled coaching group.
Coaches don't strictly do much for the first week or so, but it's not ideal to have 1 or 2 missing.

Footy Ops manager needs to be in place quickly post draft. No need to have him there now as all the leg work is done..... but I'd say we aren't far away from an announcement.

That’s the interesting thing, we are going into preseason training without a footy ops manager and settled coaching group.

Nit really, we added Godden from nothing last year and created a new role for Campo, but we know he’d have had his nose in everything. All we’ve lost is Campo from his strategy role, nothing else has changed, so we’re currently in a better position than last year.

We’re only 1 coach down and his role was strategy, don’t think it’s too much drama if he’s not replaced. Godden can actually be a midfield coach and the other coaches hopefully have a decent coach to report to.
To be honest I would rather get a decent oportsition analysis. than another assistance late in the year.
And see what Godden and Mattner can do without Campo interference,
Would also like Hart to the SANFL with Thomas now he is staying moving up to the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon only Nicks is confirmed, but my money would be on no more outs with only shuffling of roles if we acquire another coach.

I'd say that's spot on. Way too late to do anything else.

Gone a bit early haven't you? I thought we don't start to next week??
1 week premature thread. Holy moly!

On a more serious note, I’m really keen to see who can lift their game to become the next batch of AFL regulars.

Also with Betts now gone, I hope Stengle doesn’t become too complacent. His motto should be “I want to match Eddie or better him at his peak” instead of “happy to do a role fill-in”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back