Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

1411%20Fogarty.jpg

more here - https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-11-14/gallery-training-november-14
Thought he was meant to be slimming down, the guy looks friggin massive.

Agreed. After the puppy fat of 2018, he looked trim this year, but that pic has him ballooning right out again. :oops:
He's a unit alright.

A true power forward.

As long as he maintains he's agility and speed I'm ok with it, however it must get taxing carrying all that muscle.

o
Maybe that's why Tex wants to play on the wing
Tex is either
1) Taking the piss
2) Has no idea about the role of the modern wingman
3) Been told that we are going to redefine the role of the outside mid.

Is it possible that Tex was making a joke about Bernie‘s new “I need a new wingman” advertisement?

The SEED, the RAT, Brodie Smith, Bran Nue Mackae and Tex. It would be hard to tell them apart :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I'm convinced it should be Fog and Frampton paired in the forward line. That's some serious aggression and power, like we've never had before.

Id surround them with very clever smalls.

Defenders will be immediately on the back foot.

o

Tex is either
1) Taking the piss

Is it possible that Tex was making an joke about Bernie‘s new “I need a new wingman” advertisement?

The SEED, the RAT, Brodie Smith, Bran Nue Mackae and Tex. It would be hard to tell them apart :rolleyes:.
Think you might be onto something with Bernie’s wingman advertisement
I had to google it as never seen it
Typical Tex/Bernie crack if true

o

Tex is either
1) Taking the piss

Is it possible that Tex was making an joke about Bernie‘s new “I need a new wingman” advertisement?

I think he's looking for a spot. Wants Fog and the younger guys to start taking over in the forward line, but doesn't want to lose his spot too, so is looking for somewhere else to play.

So let me get this right.

We've got a brand new untried coach, without a Senior Assistant; our line coaches are unchanged despite it being obvious that Ben Hart is out of his depth; and we don't have a Head of Football on day one of pre-season.

We are dead set taking the piss.

We don’t even have a full list!!

I think he's looking for a spot. Wants Fog and the younger guys to start taking over in the forward line, but doesn't want to lose his spot too, so is looking for somewhere else to play.
Think you're right.
He could take Keath's role as the backline intercept marker. Turning circles don't matter too much down there. o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o

Tex is either
1) Taking the piss

Option 1 - and the media fell for it!

Yeah Fog seems to be lacking a bit of definition in that photo. I wonder what his skin folds are. They may have increased a bit over the offseason.
I don't know if that was just a few run throughs, but he is ahead of Frampton in the photo who said endurance was one of his strenghts...that is unless Frampton is about to lap Fog

McAdam running repeat 200 meters by himself

Stengle trailing behind with a pacer

Lock in Murphy and Knight for 22 games

Any chance Hamish might draft a quality two-way small forward at any point before Tex, Sloane and Talia retire?

McAdam running repeat 200 meters by himself

Stengle trailing behind with a pacer

Lock in Murphy and Knight for 22 games

Any chance Hamish might draft a quality two-way small forward at any point before Tex, Sloane and Talia retire?

It's a worry when you need Matty Wright as your pacer

Yeah Fog seems to be lacking a bit of definition in that photo. I wonder what his skin folds are. They may have increased a bit over the offseason.
Photos can be completely misleading though. Angles/timing/distance/lens etc can make things appear quite differently.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 10.08.08 am.png

Last edited:
It's a worry when you need Matty Wright as your pacer

Yes, and no. I mean, Stengle is fit enough for the role. You don't exactly need to be an endurance king for small forwards, and also we were giving Tyson midfield time in the SANFL come the end of last season which is enough of a tick for me to say fit enough.

Much like Fogarty last season, complaints about fitness will inevitably prove to be a pointless overreaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back