Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Yes, and no. I mean, Stengle is fit enough for the role. You don't exactly need to be an endurance king for small forwards, and also we were giving Tyson midfield time in the SANFL come the end of last season which is enough of a tick for me to say fit enough.

Much like Fogarty last season, complaints about fitness will inevitably prove to be a pointless overreaction.
Murphy got the gig for most of the year off the back of repeat efforts, when I see the same consistently from Stengle I'll be totally convinced.....until then...

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Must be the angle there re Tom's Insta then Jen?

James Matthews looks tiny in that photo using the other lads as comparisons, Lachlan Sholl is hardly a giant but literally speaking he's towering head and shoulders over James there.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Fogarty returned for pre-season training on Thursday alongside the Club’s other second-to-fourth-year players.

Following a strong finish to the 2019 season (nine goals in four games), the 20-year-old told AFC Media the area he most wanted to improve ahead of Round One in 2020.
“My running and being able to run out games a bit more,” Fogarty said.
“That will be the main focus I think… (and) having more of an impact, being more consistent.”
“A lot of work will need to be done to set up a good consistent year.”

Although Fogarty played the final four matches of 2019, he spent the bulk of the season in the SANFL.
Looking ahead to next season, the Crows No. 32 said new coach Matthew Nicks had been clear regarding what needed to be done for selection.
“It’s comforting to know exactly what I need to do,” Fogarty said.
Everyone is starting on a clean slate and everyone will have to work for their position.

“He’s (Nicks) bringing a fresh feel to the club… the vibe around him is really good.”

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
Yes, and no. I mean, Stengle is fit enough for the role. You don't exactly need to be an endurance king for small forwards, and also we were giving Tyson midfield time in the SANFL come the end of last season which is enough of a tick for me to say fit enough.

Much like Fogarty last season, complaints about fitness will inevitably prove to be a pointless overreaction.

If Tyson is serious about giving it {AFL} 100% he needs to work hard this pre-season - this year the christmas break is longer, if he returns to the EP and parties as he did in 2018 he may miss his opportunity. To be his absolute best he needs to be super fit not just fit enough.

James Matthews looks tiny in that photo using the other lads as comparisons, Lachlan Sholl is hardly a giant but literally speaking he's towering head and shoulders over James there.

One on the up stride, the other on the down - can exaggerate any difference, but clearly there IS a big difference between the two!

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
One on the up stride, the other on the down - can exaggerate any difference, but clearly there IS a big difference between the two!

Also a telephoto is definitely being used for all those training shots. I've seen the clubs photographer at trainings and they only have a telephoto lens on the camera.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Looks like a Lord Of The Rings scene with Gandalf just out of shot.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If Tyson is serious about giving it {AFL} 100% he needs to work hard this pre-season - this year the Christmas break is longer, if he returns to the EP and parties as he did in 2018 he may miss his opportunity. To be his absolute best he needs to be super fit not just fit enough.
I Believe he works hard and wants to be there, the same as I believe he does not know how to work hard outside of the club,
Some people struggle to work on the own and need help, he is one, Hopefully, he will attach himself to a hard worker, His last mentor did a lot of good work but was not known for his fitness work away from the club.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
And why couldn't Greenwood cement himself in our best 22 last year

CEY and Greenwood both were also our worse defensive runners and part if the reason why our midfield was getting exposed when opposition teams were goibg coast to coast

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We were a better performed team when CEY wasn’t injured. Guy was a prime mover of our midfield.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I wouldn’t be so sure about that.
I would.

But that's fine, people are entitled to their opinions. He had a good start to the year, but to call him a "prime mover" is a bit much.

I would.

But that's fine, people are entitled to their opinions. He had a good start to the year, but to call him a "prime mover" is a bit much.

Cam's record in 2019 was massively inflated by the clubs we played.

Wins - Gold Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, GWS, Richmond

Losses - North Melbourne, Brisbane, West Coast

Of the wins, the only quality side there was GWS, given we played Richmond's VFL team. We likely would have the same record against those clubs without CEY in there

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cam's record in 2019 was massively inflated by the clubs we played.

Wins - Gold Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, GWS, Richmond

Losses - North Melbourne, Brisbane, West Coast

Of the wins, the only quality side there was GWS, given we played Richmond's VFL team. We likely would have the same record against those clubs without CEY in there

the same Port that beat us by 10 goals later in the year?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So we can use wins and losses to prove he’s not valuable, but not use them to counter that argument. Seems like this game is a bit rigged.
Scorpus showed the wins were against poor opposition, I'm merely stating our loss against Port showed how far we had fallen since the first time.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
And I say that CEY was important and his absence contributed to our late season shitness.
Contributed yes, but in no way were we winning many if any games with him. We were killed off HF, he doesn't prevent that.

Speed of ball movement is our Achilles heel.

Back