Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

If McHenry's on a modified program it's one I like. At about 10secs into the video he gets a 'don't argue' from Tex, recovers and tackles him. We need more of our boys on this modified program. :)

Who is kicking and wincing at 19 sec?

I hope its a wince of s**t kick not pain wince

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tex finally grew a brain. Lost some weight. Look for him to kill it this year.

Given the amount of money spent on nutrition and the fitness guys, I think it’s fair to say that Tex presents in the shape that the coaches want him. If Pyke and Campo wanted him leaner, then he’d have been leaner.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

If McHenry's on a modified program it's one I like. At about 10secs into the video he gets a 'don't argue' from Tex, recovers and tackles him. We need more of our boys on this modified program. :)

Totally out of context, but good to see Brad up the front on a run.

I'm turning off my AFC alerts so I don't get the 'Brad on a modified program. Should only be out for 2 weeks" notifications

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
If I'd have said 3 years ago you would say that in 3 years time, would you have believed me?
Hmm well his 2017 season at Carlton was probably his best or arguably slow.

I expected his numbers to take a little bit of a hit but I thought he'd have become more of a 'polish' player for us compared to an accumulator which he was doing more of at Carlton. So I thought we were going to get a different Gibbs but a more damaging one which hasn't been the case unfortunately.

You try telling Neddy he's not training!

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Neddy - people concerned he’s too small to go at it just haven’t seen him play.

This was a concern of mine initially but was happy to go with Bicks’ call on him and wait.

Now I’m a convert.
Repeat effort right there, Tex brushed him the first time....not the 2nd time.

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to see Lachy Sholl has spent the offseason hitting the weights. If he continues to build his size over the preseason he should get games. His leg is a weapon.
Definitely looks a far better size in that clip. Very keen to see what he can produce alongside Laird and Smith.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely looks a far better size in that clip. Very keen to see what he can produce alongside Laird and Smith.
I'm one who hopes (as I have for the last 8 years) that Smithers plays in the mids, rather than at HB.

I'm sure Nicks won't be as stubborn as his predecessors

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is Bull looking? He was one of the few success stories last season for me. I didn’t have him in the top 9 defenders before week 1, and he still somehow managed to be our most consistent defender!

Last year someone raised the idea of him potentially filling the midfield run-with role. I actually really like this concept for him. Or more accurately, I would genuinely hate to have Bull walk towards me on game day.

He has the size, speed, endurance, has sound defensive actions both in the air and ground. And most importantly is a genuine prick once he crosses the white line! Seems like he was made to be a tagger

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
How is Bull looking? He was one of the few success stories last season for me. I didn’t have him in the top 9 defenders before week 1, and he still somehow managed to be our most consistent defender!

Last year someone raised the idea of him potentially filling the midfield run-with role. I actually really like this concept for him. Or more accurately, I would genuinely hate to have Bull walk towards me on game day.

He has the size, speed, endurance, has sound defensive actions both in the air and ground. And most importantly is a genuine prick once he crosses the white line! Seems like he was made to be a tagger

I'm big on this idea. Would be one who could go with a Cripps/Fyfe type and hold his own.

Can run all day, and most importantly has the niggle in him like his old man.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Neddy - people concerned he’s too small to go at it just haven’t seen him play.

This was a concern of mine initially but was happy to go with Bicks’ call on him and wait.

Now I’m a convert.
The old saying "it's not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog" definitely applies to McHenry. I've seen him strip the ball from much larger opposition players. Pretty sure he pinged one of Norwood's rucks HTB in the final too. We just need to get him to a point where his body matches his desire. His back is still a concern.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The old saying "it's not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog" definitely applies to McHenry. I've seen him strip the ball from much larger opposition players. Pretty sure he pinged one of Norwood's rucks HTB in the final too. We just need to get him to a point where his body matches his desire. His back is still a concern.
Yep, the Goliath Sam Baulderstone...

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Definitely improved a lot during the year to be pretty serviceable.

I've never rated his strength though.

Back