Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We were 4th on a very easy draw and a gameplan that would only find success against weaker teams.

That 4th was as much a false dawn as a false dawn could be.
Point remains, we were competitive in the first half of the season and then the second half we sucked so bad Carlton looked a better team than us! Blaming the drop off this season due to last season's camp is just silly blaming for the sake of blaming. The players had as much to blame as the coaches from what I had seen, particlarly the last 5-6 games this year.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
A big issue the playing group had was the game style ( slow , stifling , shitty , shutdown ) Pyke implemented over the first half of the season .
Even though we squeezed out some wins the players absolutely made it clear that they did not want any part of the ultra defensive , flood numbers back , slow as treacle ball movement , possession maintaining football that the coach thought was necessary for us to get the W's .
This battle of style caused a solid divide throughout the back half of the season until all parties pretty much gave up .
In fairness to the coach it was probably our best hope of eeking out more wins but as a player and spectator it was hard as hell to watch
Interesting take on your comment I put in bold font. You're suggesting it was all the coaches fault and no fault on the players themselves?

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting take on your comment I put in bold font. You're suggesting it was all the coaches fault and no fault on the players themselves?
Not at all ... how the hell do you come to that conclusion ?
The way the coach wanted them to play was getting the W's ... the players did not want to play that way .
I am just stating an issue that created a chasm , in no way am i putting fault or blame on anyone .
Absolutely where did i comment on who i thought was right or wrong .
Feel free to answer in bold . Rubbish !!!!

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not at all ... how the hell do you come to that conclusion ?
The way the coach wanted them to play was getting the W's ... the players did not want to play that way .
I am just stating an issue that created a chasm , in no way am i putting fault or blame on anyone .
Absolutely where did i comment on who i thought was right or wrong .
Feel free to answer in bold . Rubbish !!!!
“The players did not want to play that way”, to me this infers the players went on strike for not believing the game plan. Even if they thought the game plan sucked, there’s no real reason to pack their bags and play like a sack of potatoes in the last month of this year.
I agree though that the coaches and players weren’t on the same page, more so in the latter half of the season.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The draftees get to the club today. Probably more orientation stuff for them than training you would think. Hopefully we see the Haggis intro of the new kids to the group on Youtube again this year. Love watching those kinda vids from the club.
That was a good one from Hamish
He said the newbies were full of run and that has proven true.

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Isn’t it like walking but faster

giphy (1).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rantall ran a 2km time trial at Collingwood today and came 1st

Dont see any reaaon why our guys couldn't do a little running session
We seem to love those repeat 200m sprints

Well really, that's what the game has become; a series of repeat high-intensity sprints.

We complained about our boys just jogging around the field last season. Maybe this is our solution?

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
“The players did not want to play that way”, to me this infers the players went on strike for not believing the game plan. Even if they thought the game plan sucked, there’s no real reason to pack their bags and play like a sack of potatoes in the last month of this year.
I agree though that the coaches and players weren’t on the same page, more so in the latter half of the season.
Yeah , it is not great form by the players but it is really time for the whole club and supporters to move on for a fresh start . Peace Bud

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back