Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Rantall ran a 2km time trial at Collingwood today and came 1st

Dont see any reaaon why our guys couldn't do a little running session
We seem to love those repeat 200m sprints
Remember this name for next year's draft...Harry Sharp [outside mid/wing], my mail is he would lap this year's teammate Jay Rantall [the running man] over 2km....at this year's pre-season rookie me testing the under-ager Sharp ran an unbelievable 22.4 Yo-Yo, to put that in perspective Jay Rantall and Cooper Stephens shared top honours at 21.8 at this year's draft combine. Mind you Harry is probably the best cross country runner in the country for his age with a veritable list of credits in the athletics world.

Not even blowing....

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The requirements of an AFL football game would be far closer to 200m repeat sprint effort than an 2km run.
Rantall also shared top honours in the YO-YO with Cooper Stephens which is very much down to repeat efforts.

Effort is the first non-negotiable any team should be putting up. As long as it's there then you've got something to build on, whether your first or last. We went from having at least that to absolutely nothing by the end of the year.

If you're an older side who are not going deep in finals, you have nothing to build off regardless of effort.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pleased with the 2 Bens. Reid early identified them as a need for the age profile and experience of the list moving forward. Happy to see what the can bring on and off the field.

Relaxed

Senior List
Feb 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a dick question at 4.30. Which flog asked that? What a dickwad.

After Crocker sweated it out for a bit decided to drop his new mate Keays into the same question and take the attention away from him. Hospital pass.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember this name for next year's draft...Harry Sharp [outside mid/wing], my mail is he would lap this year's teammate Jay Rantall [the running man] over 2km....at this year's pre-season rookie me testing the under-ager Sharp ran an unbelievable 22.4 Yo-Yo, to put that in perspective Jay Rantall and Cooper Stephens shared top honours at 21.8 at this year's draft combine. Mind you Harry is probably the best cross country runner in the country for his age with a veritable list of credits in the athletics world.

Not even blowing....

So he can run - can he football?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lazy and inappropriate. Yeah welcome to Adelaide boys get used to the lower quality of journalism.
What was the question? Why weren't you getting a game at Collingwood? Hardly gutter journo.
It's a more interesting question than 'what do you think of the city', 'are you hoping to play some games this year', 'have you met some of the boys'

Back