Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wrote the exact same thing. He's not talked about much but Justin Westoff has always been a very annoying matchup in the showdowns. The kind of guy that's strangely skilled for his size, too mobile for most KPD, and too big and good at marking for small defenders. But also has the tank to play wing or drop behind the ball as an interceptor.

I would love to have Worrell play a role like that for us. And at 195cm and with his athletic traits I could see him being able to pull it off.
what is his endurance like? That's probably the key for him to play a few early games

Is Mego Red Kristof?

As I said yesterday, it's funny how some posters minimise the impact of losing a player once they have gone... & some do complete 180's!
You should stop with the bolded bit. as the criticism of Keath, one on one ability has been around for a while.
Most of the discussions about Keath in recent times were about the position he played and how the Crows can cover that position, and if he was worth more than a 2-year contract. in the Current Crows squad.
Keath played for the Crows as an Intercept Defender. he made the AFL teams of the week as an Intercept Defender.
Yet you and others seem to assume he would have been the Crows 2nd tall defender in 2020 if he stayed. A position he rarely played.
Keath Struggled when he played as the 2nd tall Defender his One on One was his weakness, but as a 3rd tall his intercept play was very good.
However, as much as he will be missed that 3rd intercept defender role was one of more easier role to replace in the Crows side. Our problem is the 2nd tall defender slot, as we only had Talia and Hartigan as the shutdown, tall defenders,

Don't care about the trade or if it was value or not. The simple fact is the Crows lost all bargaining power when Keath had surgery on his ankle,
But that another story. this story about 3 x 28-year tall defender, stopping the kid from getting games while we are rebuilding.
So once again as soon as they realise this was a rebuilding year something had to give, And I would rather see McAsey or Butts play ahead of Keath in 2020,
And Keath will go OK in 2020 if he stays on the park and plays the intercept role, but don't expect him to be a full back type player.

You should stop with the bolded bit. as the criticism of Keath, one on one ability has been around for a while.
Most of the discussions about Keath in recent times were about the position he played and how the Crows can cover that position, and if he was worth more than a 2-year contract. in the Current Crows squad.
Keath played for the Crows as an Intercept Defender. he made the AFL teams of the week as an Intercept Defender.
Yet you and others seem to assume he would have been the Crows 2nd tall defender in 2020 if he stayed. A position he rarely played.
Keath Struggled when he played as the 2nd tall Defender his One on One was his weakness, but as a 3rd tall his intercept play was very good.
However, as much as he will be missed that 3rd intercept defender role was one of more easier role to replace in the Crows side. Our problem is the 2nd tall defender slot, as we only had Talia and Hartigan as the shutdown, tall defenders,

Don't care about the trade or if it was value or not. The simple fact is the Crows lost all bargaining power when Keath had surgery on his ankle,
But that another story. this story about 3 x 28-year tall defender, stopping the kid from getting games while we are rebuilding.
So once again as soon as they realise this was a rebuilding year something had to give, And I would rather see McAsey or Butts play ahead of Keath in 2020,
And Keath will go OK in 2020 if he stays on the park and plays the intercept role, but don't expect him to be a full back type player.
He’s gone

Again a fallacy .....propogated by the media in the name of negotiating .....all clubs use whatever mechanism they can to get a better deal

I also disagree with this one on one rubbish ......he was good enough to be offered another Contract, and Hamish was very disappointed Keath didn't accept the 2 years & fight for another 2

IMO no contest ..... Keath >>>>>>>>>>> Hartigan one on one

Again a fallacy .....propogated by the media in the name of negotiating .....all clubs use whatever mechanism they can to get a better deal

I also disagree with this one on one rubbish ......he was good enough to be offered another Contract, and Hamish was very disappointed Keath didn't accept the 2 years & fight for another 2

No its not fallacy he did have surgery, he has a history on injuries. and it was all over the paper and the internet. Keath manager and the Bulldogs even brought it up several times. in interviews about Keath.
And his one on one defending is he weakness, Like Levers. great at intercepting but put him in goal square against a good tall forward and its heart in mouth.
Keath vs Hartigan, different players, different skill sets, Hartigan can defend on a bigger range of Players, while Keath intercept and reading of the play is of a higher standard. None of them is in the same ballpark as Talia.
But regardless, We are rebuilding and I would prefer to get games into MCasey, Butts and even Worrel later in the year.
It funny how BF people spend years complaining about junior not getting a game yet wanted to give older player 4year contracts.

yea but I think some believe this was the worse trade in the history of the Crows.

That's a good question what was the worst trade ever by the crows

Modra
Danger
Johnson
Rehn
Mattner

Not sure a 28 year old player that has played 20 games competes with those mentioned, in fact Henderson may have been a greater loss hes doing pretty well at the hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No its not fallacy he did have surgery, he has a history on injuries. and it was all over the paper and the internet. Keath manager and the Bulldogs even brought it up several times. in interviews about Keath.
And his one on one defending is he weakness, Like Levers. great at intercepting but put him in goal square against a good tall forward and its heart in mouth.
Keath vs Hartigan, different players, different skill sets, Hartigan can defend on a bigger range of Players, while Keath intercept and reading of the play is of a higher standard. None of them is in the same ballpark as Talia.
But regardless, We are rebuilding and I would prefer to get games into MCasey, Butts and even Worrel later in the year.
It funny how BF people spend years complaining about junior not getting a game yet wanted to give older player 4year contracts.
I accept all that ....which makes us offering 2 years a good choice ...and the Bulldogs offering 4, a bit dumb ....Keath would also know this, so he was wise to accept the 4 years

Think there's two different arguments you're intertwining ....the Contract length has no bearing on his One on One skills ......Keath actually is a CHF naturally ...played DEF as the easiset & quickest was to integrate back into AFL

But IMO there's not a huge difference in playing style Keath v Mcasey

That's a good question what was the worst trade ever by the crows

Modra
Danger
Johnson
Rehn
Mattner

Not sure a 28 year old player that has played 20 games competes with those mentioned, in fact Henderson may have been a greater loss hes doing pretty well at the hawks
Modra from that list,

Mego Red - Elite Crow (who I gather you have blocked) pulled out some of your quotes before trade period which are contrary to your position after the trade:

Mego Red said on the Keath trade:

I'm not sure who Keith is.

20 would get you Alex Keath, MAYBE, considering he is a key position defender who was in All Australian form.

That's completely worthless. Let GCS take him in the PSD.

A pick in the 40s is garbage, and almost certain to amount to nothing. If the Western Bulldogs can't come up with the pick to get a player they've made an offer to, that needs to start beiytheir problem, not ours.
Yep, I was posturing back then. Like anytime someone has said "send them to the PSD" and then realised that's just stupid.

We all get very excited during trade discussions. Then the reality sinks in.

If you look back at my posts, you can see multiple times in threads when I've said Keath isn't good one-on-one. That hasn't changed, nor has the fact he was playing Doedee's position, nor has the fact he's 28 coming off a stress fracture and multiple injuries over many years, or the fact WB offered him the $$$ he wanted and seemingly no one else did.

I always thought we were better off trading him. I wanted more as any supporter would and was frustrated, but a 2nd round seems like what the market has set

Oh, and I have Elite Crow blocked for a good reason - he will turn everything into club incompetence, because he's a toxic personality. I don't want to see anything he posts.

Last edited:

Hartigan shits all over Keath one-on-one. That's not Hartigan's problem - it's a skill issue by foot (or maybe between his ears).

I accept all that ....which makes us offering 2 years a good choice ...and the Bulldogs offering 4, a bit dumb ....Keath would also know this, so he was wise to accept the 4 years

Think there's two different arguments you're intertwining ....the Contract length has no bearing on his One on One skills ......Keath actually is a CHF naturally ...played DEF as the easiset & quickest was to integrate back into AFL

But IMO there's not a huge difference in playing style Keath v Mcasey

McAsey only from what I have seen on the Box can handle himself in the one on one key defender role and in Intercept role bit like a young Talia but with more Pace,

McAsey only from what I have seen on the Box can handle himself in the one on one key defender role and in Intercept role bit like a young Talia but with more Pace,

Ive seen the highlights of Mcasey looks a prospect but if the crows don't put him on a course of winstrol he will be a few years getting a bit stronger he will get snapped in half in the AFL

It has been said that Mcasey is not as quick as he looks .....it's his reading & anticipation that makes him look quicker .... Keath had genuine pace

Fog played 10 in his first year. I'd hope with a position potentially available (Hartigan), a better tank, and a focus on youth, he can do something similar
Absolutely Mcasey should be in mix to play 10-15 games especially where our side is at and the fact he’s already the best contested mark at the club and hasn’t even played a game yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back