Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

The smother off Walkers boot in the first quarter which would've sent Atkins into an open goal was a killer

Up Yours...you ungrateful POS!
Don’t get phased by the dopey kids man.
my sister instigated a sit down protest at BPHS in like 1982 against the clubbing of fur seals. Pretty much every student joined In until the teachers threatened expulsion. We avoided 30 mins of school though so it was good at the time. She’s now the biggest right wing Pauline Hanson loving zealot this side of the border. All the self righteous millennials will be cranking the AC to 18°C before you know it.

Watched the game the other day and we were reamed very hard especially in the 2nd quarter and early in the 3rd .
The Eddie Betts holding in the goal square not paid which would have put us up by 20+ seemed to have really broken the players spirit .
It is no excuse but the umpiring was a massive factor in switching momentum
I couldnt watch it. I get why some would and I guess most who saw that debacle (that is still playing out) will eventually revisit that bloody awful day but for me nah...Id rather stick my dick in a vice.

I couldnt watch it. I get why some would and I guess most who saw that debacle (that is still playing out) will eventually revisit that bloody awful day but for me nah...Id rather stick my dick in a vice.
I watched it to try and figure out what went so wrong. For the first 45 minutes we were superb, then they changed it up on Sloane who before then was dominant. We lost 3 players to injury within 30 minutes which didn't help but they turned the screws and had no answers.

I watched it to try and figure out what went so wrong. For the first 45 minutes we were superb, then they changed it up on Sloane who before then was dominant. We lost 3 players to injury within 30 minutes which didn't help but they turned the screws and had no answers.

I’ve never understood the people who reckon we didn’t turn up. We definitely turned up but were just run into the ground on a warm day at the MCG. Too tall front and back means no flexibility to start with plus the injuries no help. That Pyke and his merry band of *******s could blame player weakness of mind remains one of life’s great mysteries. w***ers, got what they deserved.

I think watching GWS in the Granny gave me a little perspective. It was a painfull replay of 2017 but with even more momentum from the "home side"

Although I'm not a big believer in home advantage in finals (we did manage back to back at the G) I have a feeling the law of averages was always going to work against us.... eventually.

Its also the first time we went in as favourites...I think we got ahead of ourselves. I dont think it was Pykes fault. He tried to mix it up in the lead up to the GF. My huge issue from that day was our leadership group. Some of my favourite Crows went missing.

I also understand the clubs reaction. or over reaction as it turned out. It is a bit like the urgency of retaining Tippet. Another example of reacting without thought of the consequences. Maybe this time around there are enough people left at the club who would remember the mistakes of the past.

I think watching GWS in the Granny gave me a little perspective. It was a painfull replay of 2017 but with even more momentum from the "home side"

Although I'm not a big believer in home advantage in finals (we did manage back to back at the G) I have a feeling the law of averages was always going to work against us.... eventually.

Its also the first time we went in as favourites...I think we got ahead of ourselves. I dont think it was Pykes fault. He tried to mix it up in the lead up to the GF. My huge issue from that day was our leadership group. Some of my favourite Crows went missing.

I also understand the clubs reaction. or over reaction as it turned out. It is a bit like the urgency of retaining Tippet. Another example of reacting without thought of the consequences. Maybe this time around there are enough people left at the club who would remember the mistakes of the past.
Surely you’re not basing your belief about lack of home ground advantage in finals based on 97-98? Go through the finals records of the last ten years and home teams are way ahead

I’ve never understood the people who reckon we didn’t turn up. We definitely turned up but were just run into the ground on a warm day at the MCG. Too tall front and back means no flexibility to start with plus the injuries no help. That Pyke and his merry band of *******s could blame player weakness of mind remains one of life’s great mysteries. w***ers, got what they deserved.
Selection, injuries and umpires- the usual suspects- had a lot to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had Richmond, but didn’t take our chances in the 2nd quarter, 0.5 to 4.1.
Momentum is a wonderful thing, Richmond took their chances after our misses and took their home crowd along with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there an argument we should've played Menzel over Otten?

Being mentally weak was part of the equation (on the 2017 GF). As opposed to the 97 and 98 teams who mentally withstood the challenges.

I also believe the team bonding wasn’t or isn’t as strong. I think Nicks is trying to address that with all this “team first” speeches. In a team sport, working for each other is equally as important as racking up individual PBs/accolades.

Ive always loved him up there, though I can understand the resistance some here have.
I prefer him in the middle, but for that game if we wanted to add something to our big and heavy forward line missing Gov, he was the logical choice.

Is there an argument we should've played Menzel over Otten?

Gov was convinced he was right to go and apparently got through the test with no issue. I think Hampton had played a few SANFL games, he’d played the first part of the season prior to injury. We went with 3 tall defenders up against just Riewoldt. Talia was carrying an injury and should have missed, or Hartigan or Lever, but max of 2 tall defenders were required. Greenwood went in carrying that calf and did another injury. Part of the problem was Pyke’s infatuation with continuity, more players should have been tested later in the year giving tired bodies an extra week off. Not that it would matter, Pyke was always going in with the maximum continuity crew. He’d never consider changing anything to match opponents. Which is why he blamed the player’s mental strength entirely. Did we leave a Jack Graham or Marlion Picket performance in the shed? We’ll never know and Pyke was the kind of coach who was too tied to continuity to find out.

Gov was convinced he was right to go and apparently got through the test with no issue. I think Hampton had played a few SANFL games, he’d played the first part of the season prior to injury. We went with 3 tall defenders up against just Riewoldt. Talia was carrying an injury and should have missed, or Hartigan or Lever, but max of 2 tall defenders were required. Greenwood went in carrying that calf and did another injury. Part of the problem was Pyke’s infatuation with continuity, more players should have been tested later in the year giving tired bodies an extra week off. Not that it would matter, Pyke was always going in with the maximum continuity crew. He’d never consider changing anything to match opponents. Which is why he blamed the player’s mental strength entirely. Did we leave a Jack Graham or Marlion Picket performance in the shed? We’ll never know and Pyke was the kind of coach who was too tied to continuity to find out.
2017 GF needed our big guns to fire as was the case with Dusty

Tex Betts 2 main problems highest paid players not doing what they were paid to do

Sloane playing half a game and letting a rookie cut him up another high paid player

They are the highest paid players for a reason don't expect any low pay player to have to do what your guns get paid the big bucks to do

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back