Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

No worries. Shocking man.
Well you can see how some people might question the guys character.

He's not a child when this stuff happened. He was a grown ass man. He ****ed up once. Goes into mediation and apologises.

Then backs it up years later by calling someone a petrol sniffing expletitive. Sounds like a one off mistake if I've ever heard one... more like he's got form for using racism on his opponents.

Then when you think he's reformed. He's out driving on a suspended licence and getting arrested. Does he learn? Nah gonna go out get pissed and get arrested again.

Hawthorn sacked him because he didn't follow club orders.

Sounds a like a ripper.

Well you can see how some people might question the guys character.

He's not a child when this stuff happened. He was a grown ass man. He f’ed up once. Goes into mediation and apologises.

Then backs it up years later by calling someone a petrol sniffing expletitive. Sounds like a one off mistake if I've ever heard one... more like he's got form for using racism on his opponents.

Then when you think he's reformed. He's out driving on a suspended licence and getting arrested. Does he learn? Nah gonna go out get pissed and get arrested again.

Hawthorn sacked him because he didn't follow club orders.

Sounds a like a ripper.
I like him and so did the players and supporters back then. And he wasn’t sacked by hawthorn. He wanted 2 years and they only wanted to give him one. Just out of interest who were the 2!racists comments. One was Chisholm. What was the other.

Ok you skid man and verdun. Instead of suggesting just tell me I’m an idiot and wrecking the place. Won’t change my style but will give me a laugh.

you want me out of here plugger66?

when have I taken the tone down?

Is it cause I'm an ol bugger from Tassie?

Ok you skid man and verdun. Instead of suggesting just tell me I’m an idiot and wrecking the place. Won’t change my style but will give me a laugh.
You cant have it both ways, you have told me you love throwing it out there and watching the reactions. Thats not style thats trolling

After the game on Thursday night we went to the Sandbelt Hotel & happened to meet an ex mod from another online footy forum (last time I looked it was almost dead).

The person (won't name) told us that just one poster had derailed the whole thing by dominating every conversation.
Whatever the site is, and whoever the poster was, I’m betting they post here now.

You cant have it both ways, you have told me you love throwing it out there and watching the reactions. Thats not style thats trolling
No it’s not if you are actually write what you believe. Unless it’s an obvious joke everything I write I believe. That’s not trolling. That’s creating a conversation or extending a conversation. Trolling would be saying things that you don’t really believe in just to get a bite. It would like me saying I love Ryder as a chf if another poster said he was a crap chf.

Brown would take a lot of encouragement from the game the other night for two reasons. Dougal and Carlisle didn’t exactly set the world on fire and the lack of leadership down back. Both of which he could fill a hole for. If Browny has a blinder in the forthcoming practise matches it could make life very interesting for the selectors. Don’t write the lad off just yet.
Big Jake took a while to get going (no surprise, it's the first praccy match), but looked like his old self by the end, and finished up with 12 intercepts for the game.

Next best on the ground was Wilkie, with from memory 9.

Billings and Sav a couple more who took a while to get rolling, but both likewise finished strongly (JB with 14 disposals in the last, and Sav 10).

Ok a question for those that have had the chance to view all the Marsh games & yes I know they don’t mean a lot, but how are we realistically looking against other teams? Honest opinions appreciated.

Very hard to tell. It was an open game and you got the sense that Hawks never really got a good flow going.

One thing for sure is that we weren't long bombing it anywhere near as much. Players seem to be looking for a lead first, then if nothing looks good, kick long to a contest, rather than only having eyes for the long game.

We also didn't have as many facepalm moments where we screwed up basic things. There were a couple, and always will be, but it seemed a lot better.

That being said it's one relatively bruise free game for no points, so who the hell knows?

Ok a question for those that have had the chance to view all the Marsh games & yes I know they don’t mean a lot, but how are we realistically looking against other teams? Honest opinions appreciated.
Here’s a quick wrap from me as I’ve seen a bit of most, a function of no life with young kids 😀, but also giving myself some pretend interest through some cheeky total score bets.

Saints: flag favourites.
hawks: think they would take positives out of that, it was close most of the night.
Dogs: very good, but hard to get a read in that just yet
Roos: pretty damn disappointing. Some quality out I think, but there would be some little nerves there I think
Suns: really slick. Adding Rankine will be interesting. Rowell looks like he’ll slot straight into the mids, Anderson probably straight into a flank. They’ll be very cheeky early.
Cats: lol goddamn awful effort no matter whatgame it was. They’ll move on and probably doesn’t matter a lick in the end, but that’s as strange an effort as I’ve seen.
Dees: pretty ordinary first half, then good second half. Still difficult to get a read.
Crows: I think as nice as you could be was that they tried perhaps gallantly. They look certain bottom 6 for mine.
Lions: hard to take much
Port: came to play and a few like Dixon really imposed.

So we’re probably no standouts. But arguably a bit slicker than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him and so did the players and supporters back then. And he wasn’t sacked by hawthorn. He wanted 2 years and they only wanted to give him one. Just out of interest who were the 2!racists comments. One was Chisholm. What was the other.
Michael Long

Preseason thread gone a bit off track.

So where should Josh Battle play and what should we trade Coffield for?
Keep Coff. If we can't turn a kid of his talent into a footballer then we might as well just shut up shop.

Battle I'm conflicted on. I personally think the game is moving towards big body utilities who can play around the ground and use their size and disposal to their advantage. So I think he's where the game is moving to.

Just don't see where we fit him. I'd have him ahead of Howard that's for sure.

Can’t find that anywhere on the internet. Damien monkhurst racially abused him. I would hope it’s true otherwise it’s a pretty ordinary thing to accuse him of.

I remember the altercation between Long & Spider like it was yesterday. You’re right though, I can’t find anything on the internet. From memory it was mediated by Winmar & the exact comments were never publicly disclosed. At the time it seemed obvious that it was a racist comment though. Everitt is a well known drongo on & off the field. Hopefully he’s learnt from his many mistakes & is better for it.

I remember the altercation between Long & Spider like it was yesterday. You’re right though, I can’t find anything on the internet. From memory it was mediated by Winmar & the exact comments were never publicly disclosed. At the time it seemed obvious that it was a racist comment though. Everitt is a well known drongo on & off the field. Hopefully he’s learnt from his many mistakes & is better for it.
strange if true considering how strong long was on that stuff. I will go with no proof making it not true. But then again some believe Steven and Sinclair were a couple.

If you're talking about the game in the late 90's it was Scott Chisholm. Round 2, 1999 v Melbourne. Everitt kicked a goal from a stoppage inside our forward 50 and then gave it to him. I do however remember a picture of Everitt with his hand on Long's throat? But I could be wrong on that. I do remember the Chisholm incident though.

If you're talking about the game in the late 90's it was Scott Chisolm. Round 2, 1999 v Melbourne. Everitt kicked a goal from a stoppage inside our forward 50 and then gave it to him. I do however remember a picture of Everitt with his hand on Long's throat? But I could be wrong on that. I do remember the Chisolm incident though.

Nah separate incident. It was 1997 the year we made the granny. I found this blog, not overly reliable, but it confirms it for me because like I said, I remember it like it was yesterday.

“Peter Everitt racially abused Essendon's Michael Long, calling Long "an endangered species". Aboriginal St Kilda teammate Nicky Winmar overhears Everitt's remarks.”

Glad you can see what I said makes more sense than a rumour that hasn’t been verified.
Perth Now article from 2008 where Adam Goodes mistakenly named Everitt's racist victim Winston Abraham not Scott Chisolm.
He told Goodes, ' I only got done one and it was Chisolm'.
Would think the article would mention a second incident involving Long considering Long had done his long walk etc.

Glad you can see what I said makes more sense than a rumour that hasn’t been verified.

Mate, not interested in getting dragged into an ongoing debate. Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted your post but I wanted to add that I recall the incident. I honestly don’t care that you don’t remember it/believe that it ever occurred. It is all g homie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back