Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Next praccie game will involve heaps of kids. It's like a scratch match.

A more full strength side will play in the next proper pre season game.

I hear that they’ll be using a standard size AFL ball this game, and both teams will be fielding male humans. Bookmark it.

I‘m a fan don’t get me wrong. However, IF he is not happy with the current financials (mowman is one of them most reliable posters & has no reason to lie) & IF he plays a dozen games for Sandy then I will start to worry. He’s not young anymore, he would be looking at regular AFL games, & he would attract significant interest + $$$$

Just looking in from the outside.
He was drafted in 2016 which would have given him 2017/2018 on the standard AFL beginners wages.
During 2017 he was training part time , and completing year 12.

His contract was extended during 2018 when he had a few games, and a few goals.

It seems surprising if there were arguments over his 2 year extension at that point.
Has he re-signed again since, if not he's OOC at year end.

I‘m a fan don’t get me wrong. However, IF he is not happy with the current financials (mowman is one of them most reliable posters & has no reason to lie) & IF he plays a dozen games for Sandy then I will start to worry. He’s not young anymore, he would be looking at regular AFL games, & he would attract significant interest + $$$$
That's my worry too.
It was suggested that Battle could be managed through the season at Sandy and my point is that Battle would be wanting to play every game in the seniors. If we are playing him at Sandy because we can't find a position for him, my worry is that he will start looking at what is best for him because there are plenty of clubs that he would slot straight into the seniors.

Only pre season lets see what happens when the real stuff starts

I actually didn't mind Membrey starting a couple times at centre bounces. Obviously we don't want him there for long stints but to give others a break he's alright. Tall, agile, good below his knees, tackles hard and leads by example. We could do worse for a pinch hitter.
Yep, really liked how we rotated him and others thru there. Makes us unpredictable and gives us a very big body in the center to change things up. Pretty sure he won a free in a centre clearance too

Lol so at 18 he was 1 cm shorter than Nick Riewoldt but he is too short to play key position according to some.

Wondering if some on here even football at times.

Yeah, but next to the King they’re both short people 🤣

The advantage of having two rucks was that Marshall was able to go forward and kick 2 goals.

I agree Ryder was ineffective forward though, which is why I think he should go mostly rotate through the bench, leaving Battle to play forward.
Was Ryder really innefectual as a forward tho? I think he created some contests that we got a couple of goals out of. Would have been better to get a couple himself too though

Probably just trying to make a good neo-impression on the coaches 😉

PhWmeRI.jpg

You ear truly a genius, doctor. 🙌🏼

Last edited:
When did he become a tall flanker?.
When did he ever play that roll?

We didnt have have a key defender besides brown last year battle was part of a fill in role the same as wilkie. Our defence was constantly changing because of this. There was no structure.

Flanker Brown flanker
Flank flanker flanker

It would be a bloody travesty if we lost Battle.
I reckon he could really be something.

He is up for a new contract this year, the club needs to be fair.
Yep. He's going to be a great player imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s pretty nervous .....think it’s fantastic we are resting Marshall & others ...giving kids experience.

Going to be interesting because Clarko has opted out of being coaching assistant in the State of Origin to coach this game instead. They’ll really be taking it seriously and it appears we’ll be playing a lot of our newbies.

Going to be interesting because Clarko has opted out of being coaching assistant in the State of Origin to coach this game instead. They’ll really be taking it seriously and it appears we’ll be playing a lot of our newbies.

Yes , they are

Word is they are going to field full strength team .

Last edited:
We didnt have have a key defender besides brown last year battle was part of a fill in role the same as wilkie. Our defence was constantly changing because of this. There was no structure.

Flanker Brown flanker
Flank flanker flanker

OK if that's how you saw it.

Otherwise you could have called him the second tall.
Some people call it a "Quarterback" ( bloody American influence ).
Not quite the same as Wilkie in my opinion.

Last edited:

Flanker Brown flanker
Flank flanker flanker
Were you involved in the Dr John Lilly LSD experiment ? In what universe would any AFL team play with one Key Defender?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back