Remove this Banner Ad

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
My footy knowledge over the years has improved a lot and I now know the first thing that has to fall our way is more wins than losses.
We need our best players on the park including Roberton, Marshall and Ryder to work etc.

I doubt if there are too many clubs who don’t fancy their chances of improving considerably at lest or playing finals at this time of year, which is as it should be.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We need our best players on the park including Roberton, Marshall and Ryder to work etc.

I doubt if there are too many clubs who don’t fancy their chances of improving considerably at lest or playing finals at this time of year, which is as it should be.
If Ryder and Marshall work together I will be in shock. Hope it does but can’t see it

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ummmmmm

Why exactly wasnt I informed the boys were coming down Geelong way for a training camp?

And why was it they chose to do a training session 10 minutes from my house tomorrow...... ON THE ONLY BLOODY DAY I HAVE TO GO TO MELBOURNE!!!!!!

I can't catch a break I tell ya

Thats not ideal either.
Battle might still be played in defence though, which would mean one of Carlisle, Howard or Roberton would need to make way.

Which brings us back to Plugger’s initial point ages ago - we did need a backup ruck, but not one who necessarily was expecting to play in the seniors.
I think this might cause a little problem, wouldn’t want any of those you mentioned missing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nent Bennis Lane

I thought I saw Trent Dennis- Lane in the supermarket about a week ago, it was actually Robin Nahas. I had forgotten what he looked like.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
If Ryder and Marshall work together I will be in shock. Hope it does but can’t see it
Notice you are unusually a little cynical this off season ol boy! ;)

What's wrong man, not enough bugs for you to ride over on your mower this year?
You seem in need of a pick me up!
Marshall will live you know....He might even enjoy having a partner in crime!

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which brings us back to Plugger’s initial point ages ago - we did need a backup ruck, but not one who necessarily was expecting to play in the seniors.
I think this might cause a little problem, wouldn’t want any of those you mentioned missing out.
Someone is going to have to miss out, and I would be shocked if it's any of Battle, Marshall or King.

No excuses......every other club has been perfect with their content..but of course ours is terrible again. Not a dam thing.
Well that's just wrong but anyway

You get so upset sometimes over the most trivial things

See what you want to see :thumbsu:

cooperg

All Australian
Oct 3, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
How am i wrong? where's the videos with Abbott or the draftees? In club gear pics? Jumper numbers...NOTHING

Well that's just wrong but anyway

You get so upset sometimes over the most trivial things

See what you want to see :thumbsu:

How am i wrong? where's the videos with Abbott or the draftees? In club gear pics? Jumper numbers...NOTHING
Which clubs have already announced their numbers for next year? None
In club gear pics? Why don't you have a look at social media or the club website they are everywhere.
Video with Jack Bell and Ryan Byrnes was on the club website two days ago.

In fact I think the club is leading every other club in regards to 'behind the scenes' content so far.

But it's all trivial stuff anyway...getting angry because you don't know what a players number will be yet is bizarre to me.

Snailspace13

Club Legend
May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
100% agree. And I welcome it. The strategy only works though if everyone is being picked on merit, and that raises some very interesting questions.

1. Will Captain Geary be gifted a spot if his biggest strength which is his tenacity through running power is diminished due to injury? I think Paton may be front running for his position.
  2. Will Brown be consigned to be depth only? He seems to be having a career best pre-season. If he's good enough should he play? I think he may have Howards measure right now. But, I think they're both depth behind Carlisle and Battle if both are fit.
  3. Will Ryder be gifted games, because Marshall is the future? Does the better tap ruckman get the main gig? Do we even play both?

Paton - Carlisle - Wilkie
Savage - Battle - Webster
Jones - Hill - Sinclair
Hannebery - Membrey - Billings
Butler - King - Lonie

Marshall - Steele - Ross

Clark - Dunstan - Ryder - Langlands/Coffield

Howard / Roberton / Geary / Kent / Long / Austin / Parker / Hind / Phillips / Marsh / Clavarino / Joyce / Mayo / Brown
Gresham ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back