Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on, Charlie....you can’t possibly expect anyone to believe the lame excuse of tripping on the stairs....
😳

At least think of something original, can’t you?
🙄

(I believe you, Hanners.)
☺️

looking fitter than he has in years for us :(
Yep. Pisses me right off that.
Biggest stitch up of the off season and Jack StevenS did nothing to help the Saints realise his genuine trade value.

Biggest stitch up of the off season and Jack StevenS did nothing to help the Saints realise his genuine trade value.

Yep I'm a tad bitter. I wish Jack well in his health but I won't lose sleep if he never gets a kick and Geelong fall off the metaphorical cliff

Plus he's still on the books. We should have held firm, what's the worst that would have happened? He got paid a ton of money to play local footy?

Plus he's still on the books. We should have held firm, what's the worst that would have happened? He got paid a ton of money to play local footy?
And worse the freakin Cats! The CATS! AUGH!! Dammit, we helped the bloody Cats stay competitive and gave up our best player for a bag of ******* twisties. Amazes me how many ways struggling clubs can get raped by power clubs.

I get the MH stuff, I really do but for the Cats to use it as a negotiation lever like this is disrespectful to MH sufferers.

And worse the freakin Cats! The CATS! AUGH!! Dammit, we helped the bloody Cats stay competitive and gave up our best player for a bag of ******* twisties. Amazes me how many ways struggling clubs can get raped by power clubs.

I get the MH stuff, I really do but for the Cats to use it as a negotiation lever like this is disrespectful to MH sufferers.
To take a different angle.
Jack and his Mrs at the time split up and she buggered off back to Lawn with his newborn child.

Jack asked to be traded to Geelong whist at the peak of his powers, for which we would have received a 1st round pick at least.

Jack was held to his contract because a sh1ttruck coach was desperate to save his job after being found out to have done less than phark all with his previous 5 years.

So the "club" having royally effed up it's football dpt then effed Jack to try and cover the hole that should never have existed. Resulting in significant MH ramifications on Jack.

In short, StKilda fc has no one but itself to blame for the whole situation. It's lack of compensation for Jack can be laid squarely at the feet of Summers, Finnis, Richo and the board.

I suspect this is recognised within the club, and is entirely the reason we took it in the ****.
If l were him, I'd be filthy at pissing my prime years into the abyss, then being refused a trade to move close to my child whilst it's just learning who daddy is.

Maybe Jack did *** the club over. But the club ****** him first, and it broke him.
He owes Stkilda nothing.

Jack and his Mrs at the time split up and she buggered off back to Lawn with his newborn child.

Jack asked to be traded to Geelong whist at the peak of his powers, for which we would have received a 1st round pick at least.

Jack was held to his contract because a sh1ttruck coach was desperate to save his job after being found out to have done less than phark all with his previous 5 years.

So the "club" having royally effed up it's football dpt then effed Jack to try and cover the hole that should never have existed. Resulting in significant MH ramifications on Jack.

In short, StKilda fc has no one but itself to blame for the whole situation. It's lack of compensation for Jack can be laid squarely at the feet of Summers, Finnis, Richo and the board.

I suspect this is recognised within the club, and is entirely the reason we took it in the ****.
If l were him, I'd be filthy at pissing my prime years into the abyss, then being refused a trade to move close to my child whilst it's just learning who daddy is.

Maybe Jack did *** the club over. But the club ****** him first, and it broke him.
He owes Stkilda nothing.
Fair enough to have a different view.

I'm not JonnyFlamingo by the way...
He is a legend and I am a mere mortal.

So with Robbo returning, is playing round one like he’s aiming to realistic? 2 seasons out of the game, does he take a spot Rd one if he’s fit, or does he need a warm up in the 2’s?
A year out of the game after first heart scare and he was clearly best 2-3 players in pre-season until 2nd heart scare. I would expect the same again, he looks super fit, if his heart holds out he is best 22 every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He owes Stkilda nothing.
Imagine a boss in the firing line wanting to keep his best employee. How selfish of him.
why did jack and his mrs split up in the first place. Mayb it was his fault, so he should accept some responsibility for not having the presence he desires in his child’s life. Mayb it wasn’t his fault. Who knows?
And to suggest the club caused significant mental health problems is ludicrous.
If i were Jack I’d be disappointed i wasn’t at a successful club playing finals every year, but I’d be pretty happy i got paid huge amounts of $$$.

Imagine a boss in the firing line wanting to keep his best employee. How selfish of him.
why did jack and his mrs split up in the first place. Mayb it was his fault, so he should accept some responsibility for not having the presence he desires in his child’s life. Mayb it wasn’t his fault. Who knows?
And to suggest the club caused significant mental health problems is ludicrous.
If i were Jack I’d be disappointed i wasn’t at a successful club playing finals every year, but I’d be pretty happy i got paid huge amounts of $$$.
What a terrible post. Just awful...

He owes Stkilda nothing.

Agree that he should've been let go the year before. Poor from the coach & club. However he is now where he wants to be...the club is still paying him a wage that I very much doubt he would be getting from the Cats alone, even if he DID get to Geelong the year before. The club stood by him as best as they could whilst he dealt with his issues, knowing no doubt that they had played a part in it...but now it's over. He is no longer a Saint and we are no longer responsible. He, however, is. Hope it works out for him on a personal level, but beyond that I hope we keep him to a two disposal game and that he shanks those two kicks out on the full.

Agree that he should've been let go the year before. Poor from the coach & club. However he is now where he wants to be...the club is still paying him a wage that I very much doubt he would be getting from the Cats alone, even if he DID get to Geelong the year before. The club stood by him as best as they could whilst he dealt with his issues, knowing no doubt that they had played a part in it...but now it's over. He is no longer a Saint and we are no longer responsible. He, however, is. Hope it works out for him on a personal level, but beyond that I hope we keep him to a two disposal game and that he shanks those two kicks out on the full.
Shanks a lot

He owes Stkilda nothing.
* jack i would have sent him to guantanamo bay for a year.

Arguably our best player when he went down, if he returns to similar form then he is still arguably our best player. Hopefully Marshall/Gresh/Hill/Membrey/Clark have something to say about it.
Not even close IMO. Marshall is allready our best player by a long way and the gap will increase this year. The kid is very very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back