Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Kiss your brother then. It’s a well known saying. I’m pretty sure I didn’t make it up. It’s not meant to be even slightly sexual.
your use of it is incessant, everyone knows how you feel about intra-club games. Do you enjoy hearing someone constantly repeat themselves all day? Maybe you should work at a retirement home

Not sure about the rest of the statement but yes, Longy was mostly a defender in his last VFL year before being drafted. He did swing forward one game and kick 6, so thats why richo wanted him as forward.
IIRC, "find me the next Cyril" was the instruction to Trout. So off that game Trout picks him early.
When you see that game he got some very cheap goals, but despite the lack of brain power behind his drafting l still like what he brings.
Fingers crossed he can show the goods this year...

I do. It amazes me what upsets some.

You'd better get insurance then. I want a trillion dollars for my pain and suffering from thinking about perversion that will send my soul into hell fire.

IIRC, "find me the next Cyril" was the instruction to Trout. So off that game Trout picks him early.
When you see that game he got some very cheap goals, but despite the lack of brain power behind his drafting l still like what he brings.
Fingers crossed he can show the goods this year...
Battle somehow fell to our next pick so let's pretend it was actually some highly strategic masterstroke.

I'm not here regularly at the moment so have lost the thread, but I have a question about the list and maybe you experts have opinions you would like to share.

First let me do the unthinkable and quote a part of one of my own posts, this from October last year. It details the St Kilda players whose contracts terminate in October 2020, listed in decending probability (IMO) that they will be cut:

Who's next to the out door? Contracts up in 2020:
  1. McCartin - strongly doubt he'll be extended barring medical miracle and should think about transitioning into next stage of his career
  2. Phillips - probably the most nervous, needs to smash it at VFL to be given any chance
  3. Langlands - needs to prove his worth to be extended
  4. Austin - brought in as a KD, might be surplus to requirements now, barring injuries to others
  5. Clavarino - will he get a chance? one of many intercept defenders, well rated in his draft, should be given a chance to prove himself, could just as easily be discarded
  6. Geary - see how he recovers from horrific injuries, maybe similar to Brown this year, turns 32 in June
  7. Marsh - can he take the next step? Lots in front of him but versatile, good depth, depends on how deep we want to cut
  8. Lonie - keep the form line of this year pre-injury and he'll be fine, but never totally safe
  9. Mayo - low risk to extend rookie contract
  10. Savage - good depth and experience, having old mate Brad Hill at the club helps him, think he'll get a final extension for a couple of years
  11. Parker - cult favourite, in the right position he should excel but as a crumber you'd think his position is vulnerable
  12. Hind - can play forward or back, has the speed that we desire, you'd think he'll be extended
  13. Paton - safe barring extreme drop in form
  14. Bytel - safe barring recurring back injury surely
  15. Steele - surely safe by now
  16. Battle - surely will be extended ASAP
of course there are others with longer contracts who could also get the chop or be traded, but these are the players who will be uncontracted this time next year, barring new contracts or extensions.

Firstly, have any of the above-mentioned contracts been extended yet?

Secondly, who from this list looks most likely to be delisted after the 2020 season? (bearing in mind no one yet knows what they will accomplish this season) Basically, does anyone disagree with the order of the above list and why?

Finally, which players not mentioned above are also likely to be delisted before the top 6 on this list?

(PS I don't know why Brown isn't on this list; either he got a two year extention or I had assumed he had been delisted.)

Thanks in advance.

Haha. So funny. Picking guys on kiss your sister games. If we ever do that the club is doomed. At the moment long has got a shot against another side because of the kiss your sister game. That is where it stands. Also no idea what battle has to do with it. When did I mention no experience as a reason for long not playing. That’s right I didn’t. The other difference between long this year and battle last year is battle was moved because we had no options. We have options in longs spot. If long plays round one it will be the form against other sides not some kidding your sister games of which they are probably up to 6 or more already. And who said long shouldn’t be tried down back. Again not me. Matter of fact I’ve been clear on players who haven’t proven themselves in one position being tried in another. I remember saying try paddy as a chb So there you go. No rubbish at all. Just your vivid imagination thinking I said things that I didnt
Lots of love mate. I'm not gonna say nothing, l know what havoc the meds are doing to ya..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not here regularly at the moment so have lost the thread, but I have a question about the list and maybe you experts have opinions you would like to share.

First let me do the unthinkable and quote a part of one of my own posts, this from October last year. It details the St Kilda players whose contracts terminate in October 2020, listed in decending probability (IMO) that they will be cut:

Firstly, have any of the above-mentioned contracts been extended yet?

Secondly, who from this list looks most likely to be delisted after the 2020 season? (bearing in mind no one yet knows what they will accomplish this season) Basically, does anyone disagree with the order of the above list and why?

Finally, which players not mentioned above are also likely to be delisted before the top 6 on this list?

(PS I don't know why Brown isn't on this list; either he got a two year extention or I had assumed he had been delisted.)

Thanks in advance.
McCartin has been delisted. Brown got one year. That’s all I can help you with

That’s a great answer for someone with no comeback. Happy for you to pick apart what I said otherwise I know what I said was clearly right.
No mate. Far to much ramblings in that post for me to bother. I get what you mean and it makes me feel good to let you win one ya poor little fella.
lol.

No mate. Far to much ramblings in that post for me to bother. I get what you mean and it makes me feel good to let you win one ya poor little fella.
lol.
I think P66 should be enlisted in the Saints PR dept. He could be a media liaison officer maybe.

I wouldn't say he is a lock for rd1 but I think he will get first opportunity in preseason to earn the spot.

It's telling to me that he was in the main group alongside Howard, Carlisle, Roberton while Savage and Webster (albeit he's still on a managed program) in the group with Claverino and Austin. Suggests the coaches have him in their plans.

From the outside looking in, Long has always appeared to be highly regarded internally. I like him, but as with many others on here, have also scratched my ever balding head at his selection on more than one occasion. I mean how many 6 to 8 possession games, and 5 frees against, can a guy get away with?
For all that, the bloke has potential to burn, and seems pretty switched on. If the HBF is where it's all going to come together for him, then we may have another guy edging towards A grade come the end of the year. We need to unearth as many of them as we can find...and I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 is all about that.

From the outside looking in, Long has always appeared to be highly regarded internally. I like him, but as with many others on here, have also scratched my ever balding head at his selection on more than one occasion. I mean how many 6 to 8 possession games, and 5 frees against, can a guy get away with?
For all that, the bloke has potential to burn, and seems pretty switched on. If the HBF is where it's all going to come together for him, then we may have another guy edging towards A grade come the end of the year. We need to unearth as many of them as we can find...and I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 is all about that.
Be great if long ends up being our best hbf. I like the idea of trying him there. Rather an ordinary player so far be tried elsewhere rather than sitting in the same spot and failing. He gets his chance in 2 weeks.

Be great if long ends up being our best hbf. I like the idea of trying him there. Rather an ordinary player so far be tried elsewhere rather than sitting in the same spot and failing. He gets his chance in 2 weeks.

Plugger agreeing with someone... the world's gone mad I tell ya

shock dog.gif

Thanks to everyone for the training reports. Seriously hanging for the media dep to release another vid (or anything really, no offence intended George, just hanging for footy) but the training reports are getting me through. That and pluggers plugger-mistic views on everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back