Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum had shingles,saints man. She said the pain was worse than childbirth. She was pretty stoic, but she'd cry out in agony, as contact with the affected areas was like applying a blowtorch.
I had it 3 times. Not great.

My mum had shingles,saints man. She said the pain was worse than childbirth. She was pretty stoic, but she'd cry out in agony, as contact with the affected areas was like applying a blowtorch.
Yep

Why was he always going to be a Gun , At the time we had plenty of Key Forwards ,
and i dont remember people on hear gnashing their teeth because the saints did not pick naughton. Never heard of him much until last year

and i dont remember people on hear gnashing their teeth because the saints did not pick naughton. Never heard of him much until last year
in saying that he was pretty promising in his first season , he did play 18 games

I'm hoping like hell that Roberton can get back to his best. IMO he is one of our best ball users in the back half and his ability to find players in dangerous positions puts the opposition under a lot of pressure. He always seems willing to take risks and they usually pay off. He was sorely missed last year and it would be a great news story if he could re-establish his place on the team.

He is a bloody good player who went around what they expected. Maybe a bit higher than some thought.

Looked like a great competitor 1 on 1 but with awful skills hence why he played as a defender. Turns out he’s the second coming of King Carey. You win some you lose some. Freo should be the ones mad they didn’t pick their local lad.

Agree.

I'm sure in the players minds they'd....

Rather the Roth of Rath than the Roth of Ratts.

It's just that some people enjoy complaining about everything

Fair dinkum, you could make a movie about it..

20200215_155431.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a better player than Savage - better one-on-one defender, just as attacking and I believe a more purposeful kick. He takes a lot more risk with his kicking, which you're right, sometimes dont pay off but he opens the game up more for us than someone like Savage who generally kick it down the line every time.

I agree , Savage is almost Jason Gram II the way he bombs it long, Webster , when it works, is bullet to the chest .

Unfair on Grammy. Savage makes Grammy look like hodge. Gram was a very good footballer.
+1.

Would’ve won the norm Smith if we won in 09

Unfair on Grammy. Savage makes Grammy look like hodge. Gram was a very good footballer.

Loved him, but his long kicks forward ( and they were Looooooong ...) weren't spotting anyone up, but ...if we had BJ or Roo up there.....hmmm maybe we should play Savage when Kingy and Marshall are up there. :D . ).

Why was he always going to be a Gun , At the time we had plenty of Key Forwards ,

And Naughton was thought to be an absolutely terrible kick.

We picked two kids with elite kicking skills.

Priorities I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Naughton was thought to be an absolutely terrible kick.

We picked two kids with elite kicking skills.

Priorities I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall Naughton was one of the best defenders in the draft.
If we'd picked him, there would have been serious melts on this forum.

Im not having a go at you but a lot on here say Webster is a great kick , well he is now and again . People seem to remember when one of his bullet passes hits a target but forget the other 3 that hit the opposition on the chest, he can be a bit of a turn over king at times , that is not much between him and Savage IMO
Slight exaggeration that JWeb hits 1 out of 4 kicks. Looks a beautiful kick to me and I love it how he is so aggressive with his kicks rather than take the safe option, which is harder to hit but when it works opens up the other team. I would advocate for all our better kicks to be doing this, eg: Billings, Sincs, Clarke, Coff

Slight exaggeration that JWeb hits 1 out of 4 kicks. Looks a beautiful kick to me and I love it how he is so aggressive with his kicks rather than take the safe option, which is harder to hit but when it works opens up the other team. I would advocate for all our better kicks to be doing this, eg: Billings, Sincs, Clarke, Coff
Ok , so two great kicks and two s**t kicks that cost us 2 goals , that looks like even to me not a positive outcome, anyway let's hope him and a few others aren't in the team at the end of year or a second premiership is light years away , need to stop this love for blokes who have a crack or we will never get better

I thought we bypassed Naughton in the draft in order to draft 2 midfielders - Clark and Coffield. I’ll be bloody disappointed if these two don’t make an impact in the midfield sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Nope a team rarely drafts in the first round let alone in the top ten based on needs or a specific position. We drafted Coff and Clark because we thought they were the two best. The reality is at the time of drafting them Coff was more Half back then mid but had at the time some exposed form as a mid. In addition Clark had serious production as a mid in his top age year and was regularly getting 25 touches plus the issue at the time was his decision making had become worse.

Also importantly and this often gets missed but most players in Nab League in their bottom age year start out on a flank and then move up into the midfield in their top age year. They do it for various reasons to develop versatility, allow older guys more exposure etc etc. the reality is most guys have played and probably dominated in the midfield at some point in their junior careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back