• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• 50 Point loss to Gold Coast bad

• 60 Point thrashing of Wet Toast good

• Port like roller coaster

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom North has not had an opportunity , he deserves a shot before the season ends.
Menegola was in the same boat and delisted without a shot, we don't want the same situation with North.
North may get an opportunity but it shouldn't come at the expense of AB or Cerra. There's nothing to suggest that he'll be better than them.

If the argument for giving North a game is that we shouldn't delist him without giving him a crack, no thanks from me. He should earn a game not be gifted one.

I am just stressing that most young players don't dominate before 50 games. We pretty much exclusively have young players as depth. Therefore, it stands to reason that no matter what happens, we are going to be playing inconsistent blokes for some years yet.

You can rotate them around, but I don't think you can treat them the same as established players. You have to be more patient.

Sure, I'm all for giving him a go but if you think the bloke averaging 18 touches in the WAFL is going to come in and outdo the other two you are dreaming.

Menegola was good for two seasons or so at Geelong and pretty much injured the rest of his career. Not losing any sleep over that.

Have you seen North play, you hadn't seen Naughton play when you made a similar statement about him. ;)

North may get an opportunity but it shouldn't come at the expense of AB or Cerra. There's nothing to suggest that he'll be better than them.

If the argument for giving North a game is that we shouldn't delist him without giving him a crack, no thanks from me. He should earn a game not be gifted one.

Nothing was mentioned about giving North an opportunity at the expense of Brayshaw or Cerra.There are plenty of non performers in the side at the minute being gifted a spot.
North has shown he has the ability at Peel, big body good skills.
He should be given the opportunity, if you don't try you'll never know

Nothing was mentioned about giving North an opportunity at the expense of Brayshaw or Cerra.There are plenty of non performers in the side at the minute being gifted a spot.
North has shown he has the ability at Peel, big body good skills.
He should be given the opportunity, if you don't try you'll never know
The comment you were responding to asked 'who Cerra and AB were holding back'. It's fair to assume you were suggesting Cerra and AB were being played at North's expense.

I agree there's plenty of non-performers in the side at the moment. But there's a few blokes that'd likely be ahead of North I'd think. Serong and Valente are the obvious ones, Blakely would even be more likely to come in before North.

I'm not against North being given a chance if he earns it.

The comment you were responding to asked 'who Cerra and AB were holding back'. It's fair to assume you were suggesting Cerra and AB were being played at North's expense.

I agree there's plenty of non-performers in the side at the moment. But there's a few blokes that'd likely be ahead of North I'd think. Serong and Valente are the obvious ones, Blakely would even be more likely to come in before North.

I'm not against North being given a chance if he earns it.

What puts Valente in front of North?

What puts Valente in front of North?
I guess Valente doesn't really have the performances on the board due to being injured for so long, so maybe it's largely subjective as there isn't a great deal of data to compare.

They're similar sizes, Valente's often described as a good ball user with both feet, read a lot of positive training reports about him this year and it seems he's highly rated internally. Valente has a heap of potential.

North has languished for a while at Peel without putting a great deal of pressure on any of our mids. I'd love for him to get a crack at the AFL but I get much more excited about Valente than I do North.

It's just my opinion but I'd suggest there's a fair few who feel the same way.

Young guys have to earn a spot in the best 22 plain and simple, until then, you stick with the guys currently playing.

Didn't Walters say he was confident North would be given an opportunity this year? He seemed to rate him. I hope they try him, I want Walters back in the forwardline for the most part.
The simple solution for that is throw guys like Tucker and Cerra into the deep end. Have those guys and Brayshaw run with Fyfe in the midfield and then have Walters go full time in the forward line. Then you have Walters and Matera as your two small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going with my gut and saying we go 2-4 in the hub (after they extend it a week)

We’ll then get 6 games at home and win 3-4 of them.

fu** knows what happens from there but I think we finish on 7-8 wins (8-9) record.
Part 1 of my nostradamus prediction currently good
1592893203143.png

The simple solution for that is throw guys like Tucker and Cerra into the deep end. Have those guys and Brayshaw run with Fyfe in the midfield and then have Walters go full time in the forward line. Then you have Walters and Matera as your two small forwards.
I think we will be looking for more rotations than that. I think Walters, Matera forward would be great.

Won't be Richmond as West Coast will have already played them.

Western Bulldogs and Saints is my tip.

And Cerra and Brayshaw aren't holding anyone back. That wasn't my point. Rather I was saying they are the future, we have to play them, it's just unfortunate for them and us that we have to rely so heavily on blokes just starting their third season. And, just quietly, I sometimes worry that we may have put too much money on some merely bit more than adequate horses.

I liked Youngie's work on the weekend. He's improving rapidly. Serong has me excited. Henry is the kind of thing Freo people use to keep their marriages alive. Our future doesnt depend solely on two great young men and decent citizens who would be perfectly welcome at any club in the competition.

But we NEED another A grader in the guts. NOW.

Seriously poor from you Salim. All those years taught you very little.

I only comment on players I,'ve seen play , its only my opinion but at least I have seen what the player has to offer. You on the other hand are satisfied with stats to form an opinion. That's ok if that's what floats your boat but I like watching live action.

Part 1 of my nostradamus prediction currently good
View attachment 898129
the intelligent thing from the AFL would be for us to play either the Demons or Richmond in round 6 (teams WCE have played that we haven't), so i look forward to our matchup against North that weekend

the intelligent thing from the AFL would be for us to play either the Demons or Richmond in round 6 (teams WCE have played that we haven't), so i look forward to our matchup against North that weekend
Likely wont be Richmond since they'd have to travel two weeks in a row and that would just be unfair...

Melbourne would be interesting since they now have to squeeze a game in with Essendon somewhere along the line

I'm doubling down, you are a clown who clearly can't read properly or actively chooses to ignore all of the content your limited intellect can't grasp.

I explicitly asked you not to talk to me about Naughton because I was sick of your **** but was being polite. But you are so weak that you frequently have little jabs as if you are proving some point, when in reality all you are doing is trying to extract some modicum of comfort from trying to belittle me. I find this hilarious because if anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence read our discourse would realise you talk out of your ass. I ignored all of this, of course which must have been frustrating because you are obviously desparate for that little emotional high, so you do the only thing left. Try and start the whole thing again.

Thought I could avoid the ignore button for a year or two now that Ross has gone but I'll **** if I am listening to any more of your cowardly little jibes.

Pointing out that you rely on stats to form opinions on players is hardly belittling you and it's hardly worth the tirade of abuse you hurled at me.You obviously have a very short fuse so that will be noted if I ever respond to one of your posts again.

Likely wont be Richmond since they'd have to travel two weeks in a row and that would just be unfair...

Melbourne would be interesting since they now have to squeeze a game in with Essendon somewhere along the line
Unless Richmond stay on GC for 6 days. Get them out of the CV 19 hot spot!

yeah the odds of them playing Richmond r6 is probably as likely as I am to get a call up this season. them flying up to play West Coast, while creating what was meant to be a marquee game has made the fixture more complicated then it needed to be imo

Back