• GWS

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** that Bulldogs team is over rated. Just a slightly worse 2018 West Coast who are utter sh*t.
WCE have made the Prelim stage once in the last 5 yrs, which kinda confirms what you are saying. Thier problem is they are just an ave team outside Perth, might explain why thier fans are so obsessed with playing us in Perth, they know they can't beat us at the 'G, not even with a 5 goal head start...

Leppa has openly said we'd beat his Lions team by 10 goals just on fitness alone, as the teams are all so much fitter now than in yesteryear
Yep, Richmond of 2017-20 would smash them. I had massive admiration for the Lions of 2001-04 but watching those old grand finals on FoxFooty this summer they simply wouldn't be able to deal with the full-ground pressure of the Tigers (or Lions of 2020 for that matter). The synergy of the modern Richmond defense would also have little trouble dealing with the undoubtedly incredible skill of past dynasty offensive lines, and the rebound scoring of 2020 Richmond (and most other contemporary teams) would destroy the scoreboard.

Remembering how good the Grand Final was, don't forget how awesome our game against the Cats was during the year was too. We picked them apart magnificently that match.
Same with the Eagles. They were flying coming into the match against us and we pantsed them. At one point I remember the commentators saying that the Eagles couldn't move the ball out of their defence for large parts of the game let alone score. They weren't the same after that. It shut up a lot of Eagles fans at the time too, a dose of reality for them.

I'd be prepared to make a small wager that Paddy's gf injury happened when he tried to tackle Dusty late in the game on the boundary as Dusty shrugged him off and snapped THAT goal ! The game was OVER. Paddy ended up in the gutter.

I wonder if, like everyone else in Australia watching, he reached for his groin ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same with the Eagles. They were flying coming into the match against us and we pantsed them. At one point I remember the commentators saying that the Eagles couldn't move the ball out of their defence for large parts of the game let alone score. They weren't the same after that. It shut up a lot of Eagles fans at the time too, a dose of reality for them.

On the money.

It wasn't that they didn't play well, Tiges just completly deconstructed their gameplan. They might as well have been playing a different sport. They knew they were just making up numbers after that with no chance for even another Bradbury.

On the money.

It wasn't that they didn't play well, Tiges just completly deconstructed their gameplan. They might as well have been playing a different sport. They knew they were just making up numbers after that with no chance for even another Bradbury.
WC lost Kennedy that game thanks to Noah, but still had Brander as cover. Ryan kicked a few, but caught old Eddie disease and tried to fly for too many speccies. Darling kicked a few as well, but was intent on drawing frees.

Really, they should move Kennedy on for Allen (I thought Richmond would take Allen, but the club settled on CCJ instead). The Weagles' forward line is not that dynamic and their backline was exposed with McGovern's intercept game being shut down.

Don't see them on the winner's podium again for a while. Going to struggle if they have to hub in Victoria. It would be Whinge Coast overdrive.

I'd be prepared to make a small wager that Paddy's gf injury happened when he tried to tackle Dusty late in the game on the boundary as Dusty shrugged him off and snapped THAT goal ! The game was OVER. Paddy ended up in the gutter.

I wonder if, like everyone else in Australia watching, he reached for his groin ?
I would be prepared to take the wager that it happened two months after the game, otherwise it would have hit the press straight after the game

Yep, Richmond of 2017-20 would smash them. I had massive admiration for the Lions of 2001-04 but watching those old grand finals on FoxFooty this summer they simply wouldn't be able to deal with the full-ground pressure of the Tigers (or Lions of 2020 for that matter). The synergy of the modern Richmond defense would also have little trouble dealing with the undoubtedly incredible skill of past dynasty offensive lines, and the rebound scoring of 2020 Richmond (and most other contemporary teams) would destroy the scoreboard.
Agree, this is why i am not the biggest fan of comparing dynasty's etc (even tho i can see why ppl like to do it) all the teams trained for different game styles based on what other teams were doing & even played under different rules as well. They were just the best for thier time at it, same as we are now until someone else can take over.

WC lost Kennedy that game thanks to Noah, but still had Brander as cover. Ryan kicked a few, but caught old Eddie disease and tried to fly for too many speccies. Darling kicked a few as well, but was intent on drawing frees.

Really, they should move Kennedy on for Allen (I thought Richmond would take Allen, but the club settled on CCJ instead). The Weagles' forward line is not that dynamic and their backline was exposed with McGovern's intercept game being shut down.

Don't see them on the winner's podium again for a while. Going to struggle if they have to hub in Victoria. It would be Whinge Coast overdrive.
It's already whinge Coast overdrive lol, IMO they won't contend again until they can become better than a bog ave team outside Perth.

This Norf nuffie confused about the year we our first flag under Dimma.

View attachment 1045991
Which of the 4 seasons where GWS finished below us on the ladder is he referring to them as a far superior home and away team?

Has he grabbed the 2016 ladder and thought we actually won the flag from 13th?

Which of the 4 seasons where GWS finished below us on the ladder is he referring to them as a far superior home and away team?

Has he grabbed the 2016 ladder and thought we actually won the flag from 13th?

Stupid * we beat Geelong by 51 points in the final had nothing to do with the MCG. I don’t find it irrefutable that Geelong would have beaten us. We had some serious momentum leading into those finals. We could have played a team of Afghan terrorist bombers on Takrit that year and would have beaten them

Whinge Coaster (he of the blasphemous name) on why they have no young midfielders:

"You can't have everything. You can't have a settled side that's won a flag and also played finals six years in a row and also have a bunch of great young players already established. When you're theoretically "in the window" with an experienced side, you're not going to have as much youth coming through."

Okay. So Richmond hasn't played finals six years in a row. Does seven out of eight count? And three flags instead of one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back