Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Here you go some quality salt

Funnily enough, this article gives me great encouragement.

If the argument is that we've only been a whisker ahead of the comp, then it logically follows that it's just BS to claim our loss to Sydney was some sort of watershed moment -- I mean, at most there's only a whisker in it, right? Unless the claim is that we're now miles and miles behind the competition.

I'd also forgotten that ten goal pantsing by Geelong in 2019. If we won two flags in a row after that game, then I don't think anybody is in any position to say we're not able to go on to win this year -- and next if you really want to go there.

I think anybody who knows anything about football has always known that our margin over the comp has been small. It's not really news.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Lol campaigner contradicts himself. Epic salt.

The fact that they’ve won their Grand Finals by a big margin come the final siren has fooled a lot of people into thinking they’re far better than the competition. They never have been. They’re solid in finals and have the best finals player ever, and they’re winners, but overall they’ve come out on top by small margins.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol campaigner contradicts himself. Epic salt.

The fact that they’ve won their Grand Finals by a big margin come the final siren has fooled a lot of people into thinking they’re far better than the competition. They never have been. They’re solid in finals and have the best finals player ever, and they’re winners, but overall they’ve come out on top by small margins.

That article is hilarious. It seems to argue that because Sydney beat us easily in Rd 3, 2021, therefore we weren’t as far ahead of the competition as we seemed in 2017-2020. 😂😂😂

And we clearly weren’t that good in 2017 because most people expected Adealide to beat us before we trounced them. 🤪

And in 2018 finals perfomances were reflective of how good the teams actually were but this principle didn’t apply to 2017, 2019, 2020. 😳

And Geelong can have a mulligan for “one bad quarter” against us in finals but we don’t get that luxury for the two finals we have lost out of 12. Or the home and away matches where we had half our best 22 missing. 😱

I think that guy just wet himself with excitement watching the young Swans run us ragged and it emboldened him to pour forth with this ludicrously poorly thought through steam of consciousness. What a goose.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
That article is hilarious. It seems to argue that because Sydney beat us easily in Rd 3, 2021, therefore we weren’t as far ahead of the competition as we seemed in 2017-2020. 😂😂😂

And we clearly weren’t that good in 2017 because most people expected Adealide to beat us before we trounced them. 🤪

And in 2018 finals perfomances were reflective of how good the teams actually were but this principle didn’t apply to 2017, 2019, 2020. 😳

And Geelong can have a mulligan for “one bad quarter” against us in finals but we don’t get that luxury for the two finals we have lost out of 12. Or the home and away matches where we had half our best 22 missing. 😱

I think that guy just wet himself with excitement watching the young Swans run us ragged and it emboldened him to pour forth with this ludicrously poorly thought through steam of consciousness. What a goose.

There's a lot of that going around this week. It's just more of the same drivel we've had every week we've lost in the last four years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all

Our last rd 3 win was in '17 & the smallest margin has been 5 goals, we clearly are not planning to be peaking now & are open to being spanked this time of year. I am more than happy for others to be doing peaking right now. it's giving us a whole season to figure out what the early flyers are doing so when we meet them later in the year we'll be better prepared than we are now. At the same time they'll have less to go on as we'd have changed the way we play by then, we have done this each yr during our era.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
There's a lot of that going around this week. It's just more of the same drivel we've had every week we've lost in the last four years.
"the blueprint to derail the Tigers" seems to be an annual headline, maybe they are hoping that if they keep printing it that 1 day they'll get it right.....

Masotiger

All Australian
Feb 12, 2020
Pod Mosto Drvo
AFL Club
Richmond
What was the wood Collingwood had over us after the 18 PF, they won the next match and we won the one after that right?

lol

that article is ******* hilarious
Remains the only team to beat us on consecutive occasions since the start of the 2017 season, really have the wood over us. lol. Also had to laugh at his reference to Geelong beating us by over 10 goals in season 2019 - yeah, with half our team out injured!! Dickhead!!

Another clown who's been messed by Richmond.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
"the blueprint to derail the Tigers" seems to be an annual headline, maybe they are hoping that if they keep printing it that 1 day they'll get it right.....

Chris Salt basically said after the Grand Final he knew how to beat us, he just didn’t have the players to do it. He always seems to know sh1t nobody else knows… 😂

Reporters after Cats lose yet another final:

Can you explain why you played carthorse Blicavs as a small forward and career squib Cryin Miers at Full Back?

Chris Salt: I could explain that perfectly well but it is classified information and if I told you I would then have to kill you. 😁

Last edited:

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Chris Salt basically said after the Grand Final he knew how to beat us, he just didn’t have the players to do it. He always seems to know sh1t nobody else knows… 😂

Reporters after Cats lose yet another final:

Can you explain why you played carthorse Blicavs as a small forward and career squib Cryin Miers at Full Back?

Chris Salt: I could explain that perfectly well but it is classified information and if I told you I would then have to kill you. 😁
Chris is right though... he didn’t have the players. Neale plays for Brisbane, Fyfe for Freo, Dusty for us, Carey peaked 25 years ago for North Melbourne, Bob Skilton is 80-something, Haydon Bunton is dead and Gary Ablett Sr would probably be out on his third strike.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat

"In 2018 Richmond won the minor premiership by a couple of games but Collingwood hammered them in the finals. Collingwood went on to have a bit of wood on them for a while afterwards, too (when the Pies were fully fit)."

They beat us round 2 2019 and haven't beaten us since. They've won 2 games in 4 years against us which equates to having the wood on us lel

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
We won 3 flags in 4 years by the tiniest of margins . That is quite possibly the worst article in history full of fiction and stinking of jealousy . That flog needs a new job or just turn straight to fiction writing.
3rd biggest GF winning margin in history = tiniest of margins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back