2020 Preseason training Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently it happened at a stoppage.

I highly doubt it will be a big issue that will keep him out of selection.

I think the West is just looking for click. The headline is "Disaster strikes". It seems like a bit of a twisted ankle.

They have just updated the article, which was initially 4 lines.

- JK was great, kicked 6 on Harry Edwards
- TK seemed to hurt his ankle at a stoppage at the end of the game and left the field
- Was walking around shortly afterwards.

He have a tiny bit of swelling and be in a bit of discomfort tomorrow, but it's doubtful it is an injury which will see him miss games.

West Coast Eagles recruit Tim Kelly injures ankle in pre-hub hit-out at Mineral Resource Park

Tim Kelly has sent a scare through the Eagles’ camp.

West Coast recruit Tim Kelly has sent a massive scare through the club on Friday night, limping off the track with an ankle injury in the dying stages of a four-quarter intra-club practice match.
Kelly had been one of the most impressive midfielders on the ground before appearing to injure his left ankle at a stoppage late in the game under lights at Mineral Resources Park.
The 25-year-old left the field with a trainer, removing his left boot immediately.

In an encouraging sign, he was walking around on the sidelines without looking in great discomfort as the game came to an end.
Should the injury turn out to be minor, Kelly will have the full week to recover before the Eagles’ round two game against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium next Saturday night.
The All-Australian, traded to West Coast from Geelong last season in exchange for a deal including two first-round draft picks, had a steady start for his new club in the round one win over Melbourne before the season was shut down, picking up 19 disposals and a goal at Optus Stadium.
Josh Kennedy was another star to dominate in Friday night’s practice game, kicking six first-half goals on youngster Harry Edwards before coaching staff changed the match-up.
There was a full bag of Liam Ryan tricks on display too, with the forward taking an enormous grab in the goal square to rival any of his previous efforts at AFL and WAFL level.
West Coast’s round two opponents also held a scratch match at their home ground on Friday night, with dangerous forward Alex Sexton continuing a strong return from the COVID-19 shutdown in kicking four goals. Rising big man Ben King also kicked four, while No.1 pick Matt Rowell was busy through the midfield.

The Worst Australian seems to be getting even more tabloid every day, maybe every hour.

Admittedly its been a feature of this 'mini pre-season' that a lot of injuries are occurring. To be expected though given the lockdown. Just wait until the games start, it'll be a lottery.

I think the West is just looking for click. The headline is "Disaster strikes". It seems like a bit of a twisted ankle.

They have just updated the article, which was initially 4 lines.

- JK was great, kicked 6 on Harry Edwards
- TK seemed to hurt his ankle at a stoppage at the end of the game and left the field
- Was walking around shortly afterwards.

He have a tiny bit of swelling and be in a bit of discomfort tomorrow, but it's doubtful it is an injury which will see him miss games.
For a second there, I got Wellingham flashbacks!

JK sounded exciting until I realised he was beating up a rookie. Doesn't sound like he kicked any when a proper defender was on him.

I can hardly wait for the footy to be back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ruck contest with the Nic Nat backhanded tap down to Ryan (I think?) who then snapped it into the posted was glorious...deserved a goal!!
Couldn’t see Oscar Allen in that video either
Oscar was definitely out there, think he had a lunging dive at schoey during one of his runs. Didn’t see him get much of it though in the clips :(

Ryan Daniels is the only journalist this entire board should follow. Cuts through the bullshit and just always comes up with reliable Eagles info. New policy from me is I’ll wait for him to confirm before getting involved.

PS. I am not Ryan Daniels mum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back