Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who is just driven up the wall with how the club plays music over the top of those injury updates?

It just makes it slightly difficult to hear, or concentrate on, what is being said.

All you want to do is hear what the football manager has to say, instead someone, with clearly not enough work to do, wants to turn it into some year 8 audio/visual project.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is just driven up the wall with how the club plays music over the top of those injury updates?

It just makes it slightly difficult to hear, or concentrate on, what is being said.

All you want to do is here what the football manager has to say, instead someone, with clearly not enough work to do, wants to turn it into some year 8 audio/visual project.

No I'm with you. It's especially hard with Charlie Gardner because he has the volume of Billie Eilish trying to hit a simple note.

All you want to do is here what the football manager has to say, instead someone, with clearly not enough work to do, wants to turn it into some year 8 audio/visual project.
Everything is better with the Titanic theme song playing in the background.

Mills was drafted at pick 3,,,, because hes s**t?
Mills has been selected for the Allies to play play Vic,,, because he's average? 7/10??
Mills finished 1st in the Swans B&F over the second half of 2019,,, because all the other Swans are s**t??

Ill back the recruiting staff that bid on Mills at P3, and The Swans recruiters who decided to match the bid, to know more or be a better judge than any BF posters
You don't make a State of Origen team on potential, you make it because you're a bloody good player.
Doesn't matter what club, to do that well in a B&F means you're simply a bloody good player. Oh, and the people making those judgements know a lot about footy. A lot more than BF posters
I really get over supporters who have to bag players just to feed their own fragile egos. Thank you for pointing out the holes in the Mills haters arguments. If they hate our players so much maybe they would be happier following another club. There has been so much vitriol and denunciation of several players which has been incredibly unfair.

Parker is average, sorry for you who say this being deaf, mute and blind and having autism, being intellectually challenged but HE'S NOT. HE IS A TOP QUALITY MID AND A GREAT YOUNG LEADER

Reid is useless. If he was useless he would have been moved on years ago. His body has let him down but a played cannot change the physiology he was gifted by his parents.

Our young players are not coming up to expectation. You might like to see how they actually play in the season before trotting out this old chestnut

Kennedy is too old. Why don't we wait and see

We are slow. No we are not. Whoever trots this one out must have been asleep to all our drafts for the last 5 years.

I know some of you do not like, I don't know why maybe it is haircut, don't like blonds, they remind you of your ex's next boyfriend, but it is boring. They play for the Sydney Swans. They are our boys. Treat them with respect. Love them, even if it is through gritted teeth, because you never know these boys could be holding the premiership cup up very soon

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really get over supporters who have to bag players just to feed their own fragile egos. Thank you for pointing out the holes in the Mills haters arguments. If they hate our players so much maybe they would be happier following another club. There has been so much vitriol and denunciation of several players which has been incredibly unfair.

Parker is average, sorry for you who say this being deaf, mute and blind and having autism, being intellectually challenged but HE'S NOT. HE IS A TOP QUALITY MID AND A GREAT YOUNG LEADER

Reid is useless. If he was useless he would have been moved on years ago. His body has let him down but a played cannot change the physiology he was gifted by his parents.

Our young players are not coming up to expectation. You might like to see how they actually play in the season before trotting out this old chestnut

We are slow. No we are not. Whoever trots this one out must have been asleep to all our drafts for the last 5 years.

I know some of you do not like, I don't know why maybe it is haircut, don't like blonds, they remind you of your ex's next boyfriend, but it is boring. They play for the Sydney Swans. They are our boys. Treat them with respect. Love them, even if it is through gritted teeth, because you never know these boys could be holding the premiership cup up very soon

This is nice and all but like you haven't done the same with Horse and the admin staff at the club? You are no better.

That’s all great
Does the same apply to you bagging Australia and labelling it a disgrace and racist? Are you leaving soon?

Or can people express opinions? I’m not saying you are wrong or right but criticism of footy players seems ok compared to shitting on the country you live in

To all the critics out there..
Nothing wrong with being critical, infact, it is often necessary. Its the tone that the criticism is stated that can create a positive or negative outcome.
We all want the Swans to succeed..
constructive criticism is welcomed..

Really poor post, it follows calling everyone racist earlier in the week. Now if we don’t agree with what you have to say we are “deaf, mute and blind and having autism, being intellectually challenged’”. Fair enough that you maybe insecure and lash out at those who hold a different opinion. Odd as the concept is but that‘s what public forums are about, different opinions.

Maybe the choice of language doesn’t appeal to you, but Parker is a very good midfielder on his good days but not elite (Unlike Kennedy who was), Reid‘s career average of a goal game for a key forward is underwhewlming (hence the criticism), Kennedy is old in football terms (second oldest on our list), as for the youth the jury is out (Stephens was highest live draft pick we’ve had in over a decade). We don’t have a plethora of high draft picks due to the ongoing finals appearance (Florent, Ling (an emergency in preseason game in his third season) are all picks in the teens). Hence the quality of the youth is open to conjecture when compared to others clubs in the rebuild phase.

It’s ok to be critical even if that seems like hate to you. Nothing more nauseating if we all agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really poor post, it follows calling everyone racist earlier in the week. Now if we don’t agree with what you have to say we are “deaf, mute and blind and having autism, being intellectually challenged’”. Fair enough that you maybe insecure and lash out at those who hold a different opinion. Odd as the concept is but that‘s what public forums are about, different opinions.

Maybe the choice of language doesn’t appeal to you, but Parker is a very good midfielder on his good days but not elite (Unlike Kennedy who was), Reid‘s career average of a goal game for a key forward is underwhewlming (hence the criticism), Kennedy is old in football terms (second oldest on our list), as for the youth the jury is out (Stephens was highest live draft pick we’ve had in over a decade). We don’t have a plethora of high draft picks due to the ongoing finals appearance (Florent, Ling (an emergency in preseason game in his third season) are all picks in the teens). Hence the quality of the youth is open to conjecture when compared to others clubs in the rebuild phase.

It’s ok to be critical even if that seems like hate to you. Nothing more nauseating if we all agreed.

Can we award this post of the year please

To all the critics out there..
Nothing wrong with being critical, infact, it is often necessary. Its the tone that the criticism is stated that can create a positive or negative outcome.
We all want the Swans to succeed..
constructive criticism is welcomed..

The forum rules state what is welcome don’t they?

Swans line up for Saturday

FINAL TEAM

FB: Kaiden Brand, Dane Rampe, Robbie Fox
HB: Harry Cunnningham, Aliir Aliir, Colin O’Riordan
C: Ollie Florent, Luke Parker, Jordan Dawson
HF: Sam Gray, Tom McCartin, Nick Blakey
FF: Lewis Taylor, Callum Sinclair, Will Hayward
FOL: Sam Naismith, James Rowbottom, Josh Kennedy
Interchange: Will Gould, Dylan Stephens, George Hewett, Chad Warner, Justin McInerney, Sam Wicks, Ben Ronke, Michael Knoll

Emergencies: Zac Foot, Ryley Stoddart, Matthew Ling, Joel Amartey
Some interesting conclusions to be drawn:
Brand playing on resting ruck? Fair enough.
Harry down amongst the backs? Fair enough, will probably play there in comp proper.
Dawson on a wing? YAY!!
Taylor NOT on a wing. Not a good sign. Suggests to me he isn't fit enough when he's been training there.
Elijah not an emergency. Slowly, slowly.
Stoddart as an emergency. Has slid down the totem pole.
Stephens, Gould, Warner on the bench. Good. Gives the coaches a chance to see what GWS are up to and slip these lads into the best position.
Great to see Sam Wicks and Michael Knoll get some minutes. Big learning opportunity.
Pretty much best we can do with the cattle available.

Harry down amongst the backs? Fair enough, will probably play there in comp proper.
Dawson on a wing? YAY!!
Taylor NOT on a wing. Not a good sign. Suggests to me he isn't fit enough when he's been training there.
Stephens, Gould, Warner on the bench. Good. Gives the coaches a chance to see what GWS are up to and slip these lads into the best position.
Great to see Sam Wicks and Michael Knoll get some minutes. Big learning opportunity.
I would think Naismith and Sinclair up forward would be the ruck combo? Brand purely a back.

Buddy recovery from knee surgery
Heeney broken thumb
Melican hamstring
Reid soft tissue injury fitness
Mills rep game
Lloyd rep game
Papley rep game

Points of interest

Elijah Taylor missing
Ling an emergency
Dawson midfield
Gould, Stephens and Warner all getting a run
Clarke and Thurlow down the pecking order
Gray and Taylor both getting a run

Most injuries will be right soon so we’ll be close to full list.

I’m so very excited by our list and prospects.
We know what Clarke and Thurlow bring.
McLean injured too. Should have been on the bench if he was fit.
Ling needs a block of games to be fit enough.
Concerned about L Taylor's fitness. Been training with the mids and expected him to play on a wing, not FP.
Stoddart also down the pecking order.
All very interesting.
Looking forward to the game!

Yep people who dare have an opinion are all that. Some people need to get over themselves.

Dawson on a wing? YAY!!
Im not reading too much into the positions players are listed as.. Im thinking its more seeing a few guys in action, and trying a few combos..

I think last year we were able to watch these games on youtube? cant remember.. all I remember is how f***ing hot it was in Lismore when they played the Suns. 90% of the crowd (myself included) was gone by half time haha!!

does anyone know if / how we can watch the game?

Im not reading too much into the positions players are listed as.. Im thinking its more seeing a few guys in action, and trying a few combos..

I think last year we were able to watch these games on youtube? cant remember.. all I remember is how f***ing hot it was in Lismore when they played the Suns. 90% of the crowd (myself included) was gone by half time haha!!

does anyone know if / how we can watch the game?

Its on fox/kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back