Training 2020 Preseason

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
If someone not being a superstar is what frustrated football fans there'd be very few left, because there are very few superstars actually in the game.

What frustrates me is dropping easy, uncontested chest marks, missing goals that are very gettable, getting pushed out of contests way too easily. Every. Single. Week.

That makes him rubbish IMO (since that term is acceptable by this board's standards, as opposed to another word that means the exact same thing but was considered mortifying.)
Rubbish is not acceptable either. It is a value judgement and an emotive word. Some people get emotional about emotive words

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Where is Naismith at? Is he training yet? Not sure what his medical status is.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Yeah crazy eh? I don't know whether to be impressed or concerned.
Id be happy if we just went with the initial face value and be ecstatic our superstar is back looking trim, taught and terrific without making up some drama none of us can confirm

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Another training update. Thanks for the RWO poster!

Well, I swung by training this morning. I don't have a lot to report (I didn't run into Tom Harley again) but here it is:

The good news first

* It seemed that pretty much everyone was there. I didn't notice anyone missing, except I don't think I saw McCartin (but I think he was there two weeks ago). Maybe someone else saw him?

* Dawson AGAIN crossed the line first in the time trial - this time ahead of Fox, Heeney, Rampe and Mills. I think they were the first five across the line. He even finished ahead of Lloyd Perris who is used as a pacesetter. He is setting himself for a super season - I'm so excited to see what he'll deliver. It's incredible how much he is stepping up.

* Knoll ran well again. Rampe seemed to approach it like a Melbourne Cup, he seemed to take it pretty easy for the first half of the time trial and then flew home, overtaking plenty. I don't think they all started together and for all I know he had the best time.

* The 'rehab group' seemed fairly small maybe half a dozen or so. I think they included: Buddy, Reid, COR, Ling, Naismith.

The bad news:

* Ling is still (again?) in the rehab group. When is he ever going to come good? He was the last player I recognised, that's how little I've seen of him.

* Squizzy Taylor doesn't just look "heavy", he IS out of shape. He and Amartey were the last to finish the time trial. I can't see him playing round 1 in the midfield at this stage. Not an auspicious beginning.

* Papley was towards the end of the players to cross the line in the time trial.

Random extra:

* I saw Horse go over to Papley and engage in a bit of banter, they were both smiling and laughing. But I thought it was a touch awkward also.

* I didn't see Tom Harley but Charlie Gardiner was there. He was with another guy, maybe Brian Tyson from the Board? That's just a guess but whoever it was was dressed in executive gear unlike all the coaches and trainers and I think he was there two weeks ago also.

* There were some extras training, I'm not sure who they were. I saw Hebron. Not sure if Bartholomaeus was there. Ditto Johnson. And there were others including small kid with dark hair that a couple of players got around at the end of the time trial. I wondered if he might be Errol Gulden.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Parker ran the time trial either.

Fox, Reynolds, BOC, Dawson were all training with the backs.

They think the “small” kid was Jai Florent.

Where is Naismith at? Is he training yet? Not sure what his medical status is.
4-6 weeks.

I blame Harley.

And Gardiner.

And Longmires defensive gameplan.

And Sam Reid, probably.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Probably just building him in slowly given his injuries and he has never completed a preseason with us.
How long does it take a broken toe to heal ? Sometime I wonder if players might have an injury that's too sensitive to discuss publicly, like a torn scrotum, an infestation of pubic lice or an anal fissure. I had a mate who had a huge boil on his butt which needed lancing in hospital. He was a good looking young guy and the nurses were changing his dressing several times a day.

Another training update. Thanks for the RWO poster!

They think the “small” kid was Jai Florent.
and Callum Sinclair in the rehab group
723786_lp.jpg

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
So Taylor out off shape

Good to see he taking his career serious

As long as he is able to participate in full training from here then it won't be an issue, he will just have to guts it out over the summer and will probably get a little extra.

If he was injured or rehab'ing then we have an issue.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
How long does it take a broken toe to heal ? Sometime I wonder if players might have an injury that's too sensitive to discuss publicly, like a torn scrotum, an infestation of pubic lice or an anal fissure. I had a mate who had a huge boil on his butt which needed lancing in hospital. He was a good looking young guy and the nurses were changing his dressing several times a day.

Not sure how long it takes but I heard he actually underwent a toe reconstruction. Not sure if true.

Jun 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Didn't Ling end up with a Toe reconstruction? I think it's slow and steady build into preseason loads for him

Back