Training 2020 Preseason

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Id be happy if we just went with the initial face value and be ecstatic our superstar is back looking trim, taught and terrific without making up some drama none of us can confirm
Wasn't at all what I meant but I can see how my comment could be interpreted that way.

I've been enjoying Beatson's draft reviews from the last few seasons on the Swans site.

Ronke's was interesting, he basically confirmed that his struggles this year were basically all in his head, dealing with confidence and opposition attention.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I've been enjoying Beatson's draft reviews from the last few seasons on the Swans site.

Ronke's was interesting, he basically confirmed that his struggles this year were basically all in his head, dealing with confidence and opposition attention.
Beatsons perspective on growing bodys was good too
Both Ronke and Haywood had injuries which contributed to their form

that 7 goal game was a bit of a curse in a way for him, put more pressure on

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
that 7 goal game was a bit of a curse in a way for him, put more pressure on
kicking 5 a few games later was not bad if he was cursed haha
big fan of Ronke's.. It looked like he ran out of puff towards the end of 2018 - I put that down to it being his first year.
2019 - looked lacking in confidence (Beatson just said he was injured, which didn't help) but was coming good towards the end.
Would love to see him kick 30+ and tackle his heart out in 2020

big fan of Ronke's.. It looked like he ran out of puff towards the end of 2018 - I put that down to it being his first year.
2019 - looked lacking in confidence (Beatson just said he was injured, which didn't help) but was coming good towards the end.

goes missing a lot, interesting year, hope he can get more involved

I just thought he was trying too hard to be clever, probably in an effort to replicate his 7-goal form, rather than relying on the basics that actually got him there. So wasn't a surprising second season for him given human nature and all..

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I just thought he was trying too hard to be clever, probably in an effort to replicate his 7-goal form, rather than relying on the basics that actually got him there. So wasn't a surprising second season for him given human nature and all..
I'd be happy for him to kick a goal/game and put some real forward pressure on, consistently so he gets some confidence and can build from there.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Beatsons perspective on growing bodys was good too
Both Ronke and Haywood had injuries which contributed to their form
I liked what he had to say about Ling and Stoddart. If those two can break through this year it'll be a bonus. Both have some good speed. Stoddart has had the big haircut that shouts "take me serious".

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I liked what he had to say about Ling and Stoddart. If those two can break through this year it'll be a bonus. Both have some good speed. Stoddart has had the big haircut that shouts "take me serious".
Interesting his comment on the development of back musculature.
With Ronke, Grey, Wicks and possibly Hayward all competing for a spot or 2 at most we could see some real fireworks. I judge Hayward more as a third or 4th tall. He's a terrific mark but reckon he's been told to stay down. With Taylor, Dawson (please!) Cunningham and Florent competing for wing spots this could also be terrific.
Starting to get a bit excited about our depth.

That's kinda the role too Kingy. Small forwards (in fact, any key fwd) can be up & down a bit I reckon.

might want to occasionally get on the screen or somewhere near it i reckon

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
That's kinda the role too Kingy. Small forwards (in fact, any key fwd) can be up & down a bit I reckon.
On reflection, and listening to Beatson, I probably judged Ronke a bit harshly this season.

I feel as though it will be harder for him in 2020 though.

* me, it's 20 years since New Years 2000! I felt like I'd waited a lifetime for that night.

On reflection, and listening to Beatson, I probably judged Ronke a bit harshly this season.

I feel as though it will be harder for him in 2020 though.

fu** me, it's 20 years since New Years 2000! I felt like I'd waited a lifetime for that night.

i watched the 2005 semi final last quarter

only ablett jr still playing and its hard to believe thats 15 years ago

obviously it is but damn,

Keen to hear how our injured players are getting on particularly Ling and Naismith. Im hoping they are in full training.
I've seen no photos of Ling at training.
Photos of Naismith on swans twitter doing ruck drills

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Years fly its been 8yrs and counting since our last flag almost a decade :eek:

Well we've won 5 flags since the VFL/AFL was established, which works out to a premiership every 25 years (every 15 years if you only count AFL flags).

Back