Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

also draws attention away from him playing unfit in round 23
So true, 9 week lay off for a hamstring before round 23. Followed by undertaking pre season training from October to December. Finally the knives come out in January for a dodgy knee that hasn’t previously affected him. It’s almost like the medical team are purposefully trying to sabotage his career.

also draws attention away from him playing unfit in round 23

Buddy kicked 4 goals and took 10 marks, looked up and about, then got back into pre-season where by all reports he was in the best shape of his career at the Swans. That doesn’t sound like a bloke who finished his year unfit to me.

I get that we have made some pretty bad judgment calls at times with injured players but whenever an article or interview comes out about Buddy, a new wave of conspiracy theories come out that read as fan fiction more than fan speculation.

Oh absolutely I mean a guy off 3 Hamstring injuries with 3 years of 1.5 mill a should always play round 23 meaningless games

Who’d question a club when the coach says we had to play him to see what he needed done

Silly me clubs 100% honest and wonderful and manage buddy brilliantly

Oh absolutely I mean a guy off 3 Hamstring injuries with 3 years of 1.5 mill a should always play round 23 meaningless games

Who’d question a club when the coach says we had to play him to see what he needed done

Silly me clubs 100% honest and wonderful and manage buddy brilliantly

We don't manage him brilliantly but we don't use him as a PR pawn like you seem to think.

Do you really believe we would intentionally compromise our best player purely for bums on seats?

My point exactly but watch out because if You are not singing from the club Hymn book on here You either have no idea or You get replies that completely misrepresent what you have said to suit the narrative. ****ing pathetic.
There's a flip side to that comment, as people that think that club do a pretty good job as a whole are also told they have no idea and get similar replies. yep fxxking pathetic

We don't manage him brilliantly but we don't use him as a PR pawn like you seem to think.

Do you really believe we would intentionally compromise our best player purely for bums on seats?
Come on Ceasar you know full well we risked Buddy for an extra few dollars, our coaching stuff and medical team don't have the intimate knowledge of the team like big footy posters do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was clearly capable of playing and coming through unscathed. That's what literally happened. Then he was having a solid preseason until a few niggles crept in, and then they decided to do surgeries.

The idea that they decided not to do surgery that was really necessary until now, because they wanted to hide the possibility that they pushed him too soon is proper crazy.

The club is flawed and could make different and better decisions, but the "this is a cover up" stuff is qanon levels of deranged.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the most buzzless preseason ever, im worried.

What more can we do to create buzz? Our two most talented players are out of action with injuries so it's not like we can tease massive seasons from them. But we've so far seen huge wraps for at least half a dozen younger guys which is probably what the club should be focusing on if they want the fans to get behind this next generation.

What more can we do to create buzz? Our two most talented players are out of action with injuries so it's not like we can tease massive seasons from them. But we've so far seen huge wraps for at least half a dozen younger guys which is probably what the club should be focusing on if they want the fans to get behind this next generation.
IM just saying, the house is normally brought down by at least a dozen senior guys.

This is the most excited I've been for a new season for a long time. Expectations are low but with that comes the excitement of potentially overperforming. The players I'm most excited about are Blakey, Dawson and Rowbottom. Also looking forward to Florent and Hayward who have both bulked up and are becoming men.
For a few years we had a very predictable side who produced a consistent output but were expected to win most weeks. That's enjoyable but at the same time I'd be watching games quite nervously, hoping we wouldn't put in a bad one. Feels like the presure is off a bit now so I can enjoy it a bit more just seeing the young guys improve week by week and hopefully surprise the opposition.

This is the most excited I've been for a new season for a long time. Expectations are low but with that comes the excitement of potentially overperforming. The players I'm most excited about are Blakey, Dawson and Rowbottom. Also looking forward to Florent and Hayward who have both bulked up and are becoming men.
For a few years we had a very predictable side who produced a consistent output but were expected to win most weeks. That's enjoyable but at the same time I'd be watching games quite nervously, hoping we wouldn't put in a bad one. Feels like the presure is off a bit now so I can enjoy it a bit more just seeing the young guys improve week by week and hopefully surprise the opposition.

Nail on the head here elastic.

2019 was the most enjoyable season I can recall on a pure spectating perspective. Obviously past years have given us a lot more success, but I too found the process of that success a lot more stressful on a weekly basis. Last year it was very much like falling back in love with the footy side of AFL, more so than the competition. You can see why Horse also enjoys coaching this group so much. I loved every time a tackle was laid, or a contest was evaded, or an unlikely mark was plucked, because there was so much less riding on those individual moments.

It was also a lot easier to appreciate things for what they were, as opposed to constantly comparing what we were doing to the other contenders around us.

Like Papley kicking 37 goals for us as a small forward. Only 4 Swans have kicked more under Horse.

Like Blakey getting fired up and showing some physicality in games that meant nothing in the scheme of the season.

Like Rowbottom becoming the first mid in god knows how long to be in the midfield as a teenager in his first season.

Like Dawson rebounding from the NEAFL to reward us fans who waited for his opportunity in the hopes that he'd deliver.

There was plenty to like even if September action wasn't on the table for us. With that being said, I would happily for-go the enjoyable three hours every weekend of last year for the stress and torture of winning and being in the hunt for a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back