Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he though? I would say Dawson was more of the Hodge type last year, playing loose to use his intercept marking and reading of the play, then making smart decisions and using it well to exit defence.

Mills' game was very much one-on-one based last year. He played on talls like Finlayson and Himmelberg to smalls like McDonald-Tipungwuti and Walters. Basically mirrored Rampe's season, only taking the second or third forward while Rampe took the most dangerous.

There were only two or three games I can recall where Mills played that loose role, and I don't think that was accidental.

Judging by preseason reports/training and match sim so far, what's in store for Dawson this season, more of the same?

Judging by preseason reports/training and match sim so far, what's in store for Dawson this season, more of the same?

I believe so. He was impressive off HB, occasionally drifting forward at the right times in matches so I'd be surprised if he played elsewhere. He's also going to be 23 this year so he's one of the handful I'd hope will really take their game to the next level, along with guys like Heeney, Hewett and Mills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it ******* wasn’t

Don't ******worry about it then because he hasn't played a game for months.
May he struggle to get a game in our senior team because that would mean that others have finally gone ahead of him & in turn our team would be well up there.
But the fact is, according to those that REALLY know, the coaching department, he is one of our best forwards ......................when fit.
So much aggro over this bloke

FFS the footy gods just hate us don’t they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this to ourselves persisting with him. It's nobody's fault, not Reid's, not the footy gods, not the club. But we have wasted a lot of time and investment in Reid knowing his injury problems, so I personally don't subscribe to the 'we're so unlucky' mentality on this particular one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back