Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Ceasar please stop. You're Reid opinions are so tired. You've got two pages arguing non stop instead of actually talking footy.

It's weird and it's personal and it's so so so boring.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The irony is that it's everyone else who turns it into multiple pages of arguing non stop. I've made my thoughts on Reid pretty clear in the past so if I make one comment about him, it's on the rest of you to either ignore my so-called "personal hating" or to respond in an attempt to.. I don't know? Change my mind? Prove your own point? Who knows. But the moral high horse some on here parade around on is a ******* joke and it's hypocritical, and selective. There's also an ignore button - use it if you are that bothered by opinions that differ from your own.

Sam Reid is not a first round pick he is not even a second round pick he was taken at pick 38.
The scrutiny around him makes you believe he was taken in the top 3.
We don't know what he is on we are just guessing, but even more so if he is overpaid promising KPF at the time a worth a premium.

The irony is that it's everyone else who turns it into multiple pages of arguing non stop. I've made my thoughts on Reid pretty clear in the past so if I make one comment about him, it's on the rest of you to either ignore my so-called "personal hating" or to respond in an attempt to.. I don't know? Change my mind? Prove your own point? Who knows. But the moral high horse some on here parade around on is a ******* joke and it's hypocritical, and selective. There's also an ignore button - use it if you are that bothered by opinions that differ from your own.

You are so broken

Sam Reid is not a first round pick he is not even a second round pick he was taken at pick 38.
The scrutiny around him makes you believe he was taken in the top 3.
We don't know what he is on we are just guessing, but even more so if he is overpaid promising KPF at the time a worth a premium.
You always hear the coaches say where a player was picked means nothing once you're in the door, I think we should do the same.

I lean toward hailing Caesar on this one but hope Reid has a great year. Or at least the sort of very good one he puts in during a contract year. I think we all hope our players do well and make us reassess.

Great to see Gray's numbers. Is he playing in the middle? Lots of Port fans say he played there early and did his best work in close. Could be a great pick-up if that's the plan as it's our biggest weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few quick thoughts from this morning's praccy match:

When rebounding from the back half there seemed to be a very conscious effort to move the ball forward by foot in a pretty direct manner, and ignore short easy kicks sideways. Didn't always work, but looked a million times better than early last season. We looked to use Dawson a lot for this.

Warner's intensity is AFL quality - he hunts the ball relentlessly. Would expect him to get a game at some point this year.

Stevens is not big, but has that same wirey build that guys like Simpson have, seems to be pretty resilient. Got absolutely crunched in a tackle, then got back up straight away and laid a tackle himself 5 seconds later. Good signs, and seems to have a good tank.

Aliir looking very sharp, clean hands below his knees at full tilt on a number of occasions.

Papley was everywhere, looks like he'll give his all for the Swans this year like a true professional.

Gould made good decisions, was composed and executed well. Still looks like he'll need to drop some more kg's to be able to run out AFL intensity games, but then again McGovern goes ok, so who knows?

Lewis Taylor looked a bit slow and heavy.

A few quick thoughts from this morning's praccy match:

When rebounding from the back half there seemed to be a very conscious effort to move the ball forward by foot in a pretty direct manner, and ignore short easy kicks sideways. Didn't always work, but looked a million times better than early last season. We looked to use Dawson a lot for this.

Warner's intensity is AFL quality - he hunts the ball relentlessly. Would expect him to get a game at some point this year.

Stevens is not big, but has that same wirey build that guys like Simpson have, seems to be pretty resilient. Got absolutely crunched in a tackle, then got back up straight away and laid a tackle himself 5 seconds later. Good signs, and seems to have a good tank.

Aliir looking very sharp, clean hands below his knees at full tilt on a number of occasions.

Papley was everywhere, looks like he'll give his all for the Swans this year like a true professional.

Gould made good decisions, was composed and executed well. Still looks like he'll need to drop some more kg's to be able to run out AFL intensity games, but then again McGovern goes ok, so who knows?

Lewis Taylor looked a bit slow and heavy.

Good job mate... thank you!

After today he'll get a run for sure. That intensity is what got Papley a debut off the rookie list. Might not get a lot of games this year (🤞 injuries) but sounds like he will be well in discussions.

Only way I can see it is as a pressure forward. Midfield already has three inside mids in there, with Florent, Rowbottom also going through there. Stephens & Blakey are the most likely additions. But it sounds like Warner's attack on the contest is exactly what we need inside 50. Someone who could make opposition defenders nervous, less in an 'I'm gonna make you stuff up' way like Papley and more in an 'I will bury you into the turf' kinda way.

Great to see Naismith played today. Knew he was fit but wasn't sure if we'd play him in a scratchy. Club must be really confident in his body.
He absolutely spoon fed a tap to Florent at a centre bounce this morning, probably the easiest clearance we've had in the last 18 months.

Can’t imagine guys like Kelly, Kirk or Bolton cast a big shadow in their first preseason either. But they was tough as teak I tells ya

Great to see Gray's numbers. Is he playing in the middle? Lots of Port fans say he played there early and did his best work in close. Could be a great pick-up if that's the plan as it's our biggest weakness.

I’m interested in this Grey character. I don’t watch a lot of other sides but he always seemed to me to be a pretty solid citizen for Port and it was intriguing that they let him go in the circumstances.

Clearly not a black or white one.

I’ll see myself out.

Agree

Rampe is a unique individual.....

Chances are Mills wont reach that level.

He might... But i doubt it.

Lol, I was watching Rampe playing VFL before giving up his dream of getting on to an AFL list and heading back to Sydney at Mills age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think they will play Warner as a pressure forward. He seemed to be playing mostly inside midfield even at the centre bounces. His strengths seems to be at the contest, tackling, getting the ball and a clean handpass out.

Of the fringe players who played today, I assume Wicks or Bell are more likely to be a pressure forward. Wicks looks like he has good acceleration and made tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back