Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

The poor pale kids gonna find it a bit rough!

Also love seeing how intense Dizzy takes it, looks like hes putting absolutely everything into just a handball, probably our most underrated player still.

Id love to see a side by side of McCluggage now and when he was drafted, he looks a lot more solid now but still agile and quick from reports!

Also love seeing how intense Dizzy takes it, looks like hes putting absolutely everything into just a handball, probably our most underrated player still.

Id love to see a side by side of McCluggage now and when he was drafted, he looks a lot more solid now but still agile and quick from reports!

Astaxanthin might be a good idea for the pale kids,works as an internal sunscreen and also helps with endurance

How is Hippy looking?

His Rebels coach and footy heads in club in draft year spoke of never seeing a kid like him, yes skinny but with evasiveness was second to none finding all the time and space like no other, he is starting to show this and look out now he has built up and got a motor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His Rebels coach and footy heads in club in draft year spoke of never seeing a kid like him, yes skinny but with evasiveness was second to none finding all the time and space like no other, he is starting to show this and look out now he has built up and got a motor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big thanks to Dodo for passing on Clug and drafting McGrath:moustache:

Great photos, thanks.
All look fit, didnt notice anyone in ordinary condition. Rayner looks fit, he should get more benefit from this preseason. It should show onfield. I reckon theres fwds out there already dreading a full on tackle by payne, what a specimen. If he has the mongrel in him that darcy gardiner has, we have a beauty there. How mobile is he?

Who is the baby faced young fella with the long curly hair wearing no 49? Are there academy lads training with the group? If so who are they, how do they look? Some i guess will play neafl this year.

All look in good spirits, can see the intensity during drills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy I would like to see us getting more ruck time into in the reserves is Ballenden. I can't see him making it as a pure forward but if he can hold his own in the ruck his around the ground kicking would be a huge asset to the team.
I agree, i dont think ballenden will make it as a stand alone fwd. If he can develop his ruck work he will at least become a good fill in for the big O if he gets injured. He could step in without altering the game plan. He could never fill in for stef but as that 2nd ruck, 3rd tall fwd option he could be ok.

Great photos, thanks.
All look fit, didnt notice anyone in ordinary condition. Rayner looks fit, he should get more benefit from this preseason. It should show onfield. I reckon theres fwds out there already dreading a full on tackle by payne, what a specimen. If he has the mongrel in him that darcy gardiner has, we have a beauty there. How mobile is he?

Who is the baby faced young fella with the long curly hair wearing no 49? Are there academy lads training with the group? If so who are they, how do they look? Some i guess will play neafl this year.

All look in good spirits, can see the intensity during drills.

I think they are the academy kids training with main group

academy watch thread has updates on this one..

1576392570850.png

Jack Briskey, Tajh Abberley,Saxon Crozier, Blake Coleman and Carter Michael

From Fish:

Established gun: Look no further than the captain Dayne Zorko. A heap of Brisbane players are super-fit – and have been with a relatively uninterrupted three to four years – but despite being on the cusp of turning 31, Zorko is showing no sign of slowing down. He is among the best three endurance runners on the list, still has his explosive speed in football drills and looks set for another big season in 2020.

Gen next: Keep an eye out for Brandon Starcevich. About to enter his third season, the West Australian is running well and is noticeably stronger. As dedicated as any player on the list, the 20-year-old ditched an off-season overseas holiday to stay with family in the west and prepare for the upcoming season as well as he could.

New faces: After an injury-plagued 2019 with Gold Coast, Callum Ah Chee has hit the ground running at the Lions. Has fitted in nicely to the backline drills, looking sharp with his speed and skills, and is mid-pack in the aerobic running. - Michael Whiting

Im wrapped to hear starcevich has been training well. I hope he has a big year.

1st? 2nd? Times? Rayner?
McCluggage & Berry crossed the line hand in hand first. Awesome athletes both of them. Starc not far behind along with Fullarton & a bunch of lads. Hippy bettered his PB by 10 seconds along with a lot of other boys.
Rayner didnt do the 3 ker. Instead ran a bunch of 400's, 200's & mixed up bag of other shorter runs.

Very looking forward to seeing what stacevich can do this year looks an absolute generic freak in some of this pics . Could easily see him getting a time as a lockdown defender or half forward . Has super pace , agility and from reports did well in 3km time trial aswell .

Very looking forward to seeing what stacevich can do this year looks an absolute generic freak in some of this pics . Could easily see him getting a time as a lockdown defender or half forward . Has super pace , agility and from reports did well in 3km time trial aswell .
What's a generic freak? :huh:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back