Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if balendeen or mcstay can manage rucking standalone so I reckon we might see O selected to keep some mileage off stef given the short turn around to the state of origin game

Dunno if balendeen or mcstay can manage rucking standalone so I reckon we might see O selected to keep some mileage off stef given the short turn around to the state of origin game

Big O is not in the 28 man squad. So it’s either McStay Ballenden or Skinner giving Stef a chop out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good to see a couple of the young guys Ely Smith and Ballenden getting some exposure this is one important aspect to preseason trials. Disappointed Payne not playing, played reasonably well last week in the two Q's regarding one v one contest whilst ADAMS played the deeper position with a few uncontested possessions. Strong side and should be too good for Port
Payne is named on the interchange, at this stage.

Big O is not in the 28 man squad. So it’s either McStay Ballenden or Skinner giving Stef a chop out.

Maybe Im looking at an old list but he's at the end of the list on the lions app

Edit: bottom right ;)

1234.PNG

From SEN

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt has been named for the All-Stars and is excited to spend time with a number of players, but in particular, Brisbane defender Harris Andrews.
“Harris Andrews – I like him. I like the cut of his jibe,” Jack told SEN’s Bob and Andy.
“I’ve had a couple of good conversations with him on the field, but he’s a bloody nice competitor and I like that about him.
“I’m looking forward to spending a bit of time with him.

From SEN

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt has been named for the All-Stars and is excited to spend time with a number of players, but in particular, Brisbane defender Harris Andrews.
“Harris Andrews – I like him. I like the cut of his jibe,” Jack told SEN’s Bob and Andy.
“I’ve had a couple of good conversations with him on the field, but he’s a bloody nice competitor and I like that about him.
“I’m looking forward to spending a bit of time with him.
Maybe they can sing Mr Brightside together after the game.

Genuinely surprised to see that Noah didn't make the extended squad. Has he looked a touch off the pace to those who have been to the trainings and practice matches?
I think he is a known quality, I expect him to be still in the mix each week, payne in mix for mine too, looks solid. in general I don't expect to see birch and ah Chee play together each week, at least at HB

Last edited:
Seems to be two different team sheets on different afl media at the moment. There’s a 8 man interchange named on the AFL website with Matho, O, Payne and Starc missing out.
Likely those 3 will be playing NEAFL trial against Suns on Saturday.

I think he is a known quality, I expect him to be still in the mix each week, payne in mix for mine too, looks solid. in general I don't expect to see birch and ah Chee play together each week, at least at HB

If they're both in solid form and there's no injuries down back I could see Ah Chee sliding onto the wing and maybe pushing Bailey out of the team. Can't see Noah being pushed out if his current form is at the level of his performances he gave us last year. Ah Chee did some great work for the Suns from the wing. Would love to see Richy pick him out with a 50m pass and then have him dashing forward and putting it over the back for Charlie to run in and kick his 6th for the quarter against the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I found most interesting on the squad list was Bailey running the wing. Given our surfeit of HBFs, I think it's a good option for him, and probably good timing for his development.

I personally think last year was more there to develop the defensive side of Baileys game. He is a seriously good proposition in 2020.

I personally think last year was more there to develop the defensive side of Baileys game. He is a seriously good proposition in 2020.
Been one of the more prominent players in intraclub games that I have seen.
He looks primed for a good year.

A big squad selected. Great to see some youngsters named. Very interested to see how they go. Great opportunity to test out some different combinations. Puzzled by the Lester selection tho.

If they're both in solid form and there's no injuries down back I could see Ah Chee sliding onto the wing and maybe pushing Bailey out of the team. Can't see Noah being pushed out if his current form is at the level of his performances he gave us last year. Ah Chee did some great work for the Suns from the wing. Would love to see Richy pick him out with a 50m pass and then have him dashing forward and putting it over the back for Charlie to run in and kick his 6th for the quarter against the Tiges.

Hard to see anyone pushing Clugga or Robbo off a wing.

Hard to see anyone pushing Clugga or Robbo off a wing.

Very true, but if clugga pushes his way into the guts to take zorks spot that'll free up the wing. Could be our approach has some meaningful shifts this year triggered by zorks move up field and the new glut at half back

Very true, but if clugga pushes his way into the guts to take zorks spot that'll free up the wing. Could be our approach has some meaningful shifts this year triggered by zorks move up field and the new glut at half back

It could happen, but I wouldn’t change what doesn’t need fixing. Obviously up to the coaching staff though. Imo they were the best wing duo in the comp last year, so I’d like to see Robbo and Clug keep their roles. The beauty of Ah Chee is that he seems like a pretty versatile player that could play in most areas of the ground - I’m expecting him to be running out of the back line but will be interesting to see where he is deployed during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back