Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if any other teams are coming up to qld for a preseason camp? It's been that bloody hot. RichMond pies hawks have all come up afaik in recent years

Who cares about the picks re Basti, its the length of contract (and potentially contract term) that was the real mistake. 4 years was too much for someone thrown into trade discussions last minute because he couldn't get a consistent game at North and he had the same manager as Aish (Pickering). We got a decent season out of him in 17 but not much else other than outperforming NEAFL competition.

I recall Leigh in an interview after trade period said he felt comfortable backing down on his Aish to PSD ultimatum because he didn't realise Bastinac was available (lol). That's pretty much the entirely opposite approach to how we operate now where Noble has made very clear we identify our targets a long way out and don't just take an interest in players who become available last minute.

Sorry for the Basti slander in this post BRAB :(

I think what's overlooked in the whole discussion around Noble by those who think we've over paid or been soft on individual trades is the cumulative effect of those trades.

In doing what was necessary (and yes we can debate the nuances of the actual values till the cows come home) to bring players in like Cameron and Neale and McCarthy and to move players such as Beams and Schache on, there has been an incrementally higher reward in not only just the quality of the list but the desirability of the club as a whole.

When other potential players view our list, and see that players want to come and Brisbane will do their best to make it happen, that traded players are happy here, that there is a culture that's welcoming and friendly, that success is attainable here now, the arguments over pick 12 vs 18 on individual trades are utterly mute.

The benefit in giving your word, and making it happen is happy, grateful players.

I'll happily overpay (let's not be stupid here) to continue to add select, quality, invested, needs based people to our club. It's almost impossible to say what those qualities are actually worth to a team.

I think what's overlooked in the whole discussion around Noble by those who think we've over paid or been soft on individual trades is the cumulative effect of those trades.

In doing what was necessary (and yes we can debate the nuances of the actual values till the cows come home) to bring players in like Cameron and Neale and McCarthy and to move players such as Beams and Schache on, there has been an incrementally higher reward in not only just the quality of the list but the desirability of the club as a whole.

When other potential players view our list, and see that players want to come and Brisbane will do their best to make it happen, that traded players are happy here, that there is a culture that's welcoming and friendly, that success is attainable here now, the arguments over pick 12 vs 18 on individual trades are utterly mute.

The benefit in giving your word, and making it happen is happy, grateful players.

I'll happily overpay (let's not be stupid here) to continue to add select, quality, invested, needs based people to our club. It's almost impossible to say what those qualities are actually worth to a team.
Great post. Their ability to recruit both on-field and off-field staff has turned the entire club into one big team. Players come because they see a commitment to them, a resurrection of some careers and a great health and welfare system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?

Looks to be in good nic, especially compared to last year.

View attachment 780837

He's looking like he's in good shape, seems to have kept off the weight he lost in the second half of the season.

Based off nothing but these pictures I'm doubling down on my 30 goal season prediction for cam

Last edited:
Just watched the witho interview on the lions site where he mentioned there are already a number of older players back for preseason. He said lachie neale was there, but any insight into which other older blokes turned up early?

Just watched the witho interview on the lions site where he mentioned there are already a number of older players back for preseason. He said lachie neale was there, but any insight into which other older blokes turned up early?
Good to hear Witherden say he was doing some sprint training over the break and concentrating on his technique. Much needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back