Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Video shows how slim Rayner is and how ridiculous the earlier comment was.
All the pics I watched of Rayner in the off-season he looked like he was enjoying himself...and he has come back in great nic....nice welcoming committee we have here for new posters.........similar to the cancer in the Lions 5 yrs ago...........

Schache_off

Rookie
Mar 11, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez bit of an over reaction.

Saw a pic of him on the lions insta story and he didn’t look like he’s come back in great shape. I’m not one that was ever calling for him to be dropped or bagging out his form. Doesn’t look fit or it’s just not a great photo of him.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great to see a bit of ball work early just like last year. Nothing worse than just running & more running.
A good day to return for the boys as the Brisbane temperature only got to 28.2 @ 1.38pm. I assume they had an early start. The apparent temperature was below the actual temperature all day.
i am sure it was still a tough session.
Nice to see the season start is just a little closer

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So who we got from the more experienced players... I saw Darcy, hippy, matho, lach, mcstay. Hard to tell watching on a phone though, so who'd I miss?

Good to hear Witherden say he was doing some sprint training over the break and concentrating on his technique. Much needed.

He is growing as a young man, isn't he. Had the confidence to inject his personality into the interview.

On the running, it was good to hear it was in house, as part of an individual programme - as with many of the players. Good to hear from both the improvement of our team, but as a sign to potential recruits/draftees that this is the place to be to be the best you can.

Who cares about the picks re Basti, its the length of contract (and potentially contract term) that was the real mistake. 4 years was too much for someone thrown into trade discussions last minute because he couldn't get a consistent game at North and he had the same manager as Aish (Pickering). We got a decent season out of him in 17 but not much else other than outperforming NEAFL competition.

I recall Leigh in an interview after trade period said he felt comfortable backing down on his Aish to PSD ultimatum because he didn't realise Bastinac was available (lol). That's pretty much the entirely opposite approach to how we operate now where Noble has made very clear we identify our targets a long way out and don't just take an interest in players who become available last minute.

Sorry for the Basti slander in this post BRAB :(

Hey Nunez.

I have rewrote this post a lot over the last few days and this is the most respectful I could get it.

It is extremely disappointing to see you trash a NEAFL legend like this. Bastinac was worth 15 pick 17's. Shame on you.

Don't @ me .

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been thinking about it and I really am very very happy to see cam coming into the preseason looking trim and fit.

I know well consider it a good year for him if he kicks a bunch more goals but on reflection I feel he'd provide the most benefit to us if he's one of our major players entering the ball inside fifty. More than anyone, even clugs, he has a gift for putting a ball to his team mates advantage and weighting entry kicks just so. If he's upped his endurance so he can play more mid minutes and keeps his eyes on the ball to reduce the fumbles his entries inside fifty could definitely be a key point of advantage for the side in 2020.

Carn the mighty lions. So psyched for next season

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been thinking about it and I really am very very happy to see cam coming into the preseason looking trim and fit.

I know well consider it a good year for him if he kicks a bunch more goals but on reflection I feel he'd provide the most benefit to us if he's one of our major players entering the ball inside fifty. More than anyone, even clugs, he has a gift for putting a ball to his team mates advantage and weighting entry kicks just so. If he's upped his endurance so he can play more mid minutes and keeps his eyes on the ball to reduce the fumbles his entries inside fifty could definitely be a key point of advantage for the side in 2020.

Carn the mighty lions. So psyched for next season
Cam would have been frustrated that he couldn't get his game going to the point he'd have liked to in season 2019. You could see it on field at times. He'll be super hungry to have a huge pre season and set himself up for a break out year in 2020. He is now aware of what it takes for him fitness/conditioning wise to perform to his potential at the highest level and I think Cam is going to come out next year with a point to prove and surprise a lot of people with just how good he is.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cam would have been frustrated that he couldn't get his game going to the point he'd have like to in season 2019. You could see it on field at times. He'll be super hungry to have a huge pre season and set himself up for a break out year in 2020. He is now aware of what it takes for him fitness/conditioning wise to perform to his potential at the highest level and I think Cam is going to come out next year with a point to prove and surprise a lot of people with just how good he is.

Damn right. He and hippy are two of our young blokes I can see taking the next step both on field and in terms of maturity next year, I reckon they'll both make people sit up and take notice.

Honestly, how good is it to be barracking for such an exciting, talented and committed young side. So glad the ship has turned around and we have a genuinely quality side in gods country again

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Damn right. He and hippy are two of our young blokes I can see taking the next step both on field and in terms of maturity next year, I reckon they'll both make people sit up and take notice.

Honestly, how good is it to be barracking for such an exciting, talented and committed young side. So glad the ship has turned around and we have a genuinely quality side in gods country again
Imagine if all four of Hipwood, Rayner, Berry and Bailey broke out next year and elevated their games in a similar fashion to what Clugga did in 2019. Our current best 22 has so much improvement in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Imagine if all four of Hipwood, Rayner, Berry and Bailey broke out next year and elevated their games in a similar fashion to what Clugga did in 2019. Our current best 22 has so much improvement in it.

Throw in Noah's second year improvement and the potential Cox has if he can crack the 22 consistently and I might just talk myself into thinking we have an undefeated season in front of us

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Throw in Noah's second year improvement and the potential Cox has if he can crack the 22 consistently and I might just talk myself into thinking we have an undefeated season in front of us

images (10).jpeg

Key info...

New jumper numbers!

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Well I'm off to Yeronga tomorrow arvo to have a look see at the 4pm training session.

It will be interesting to see whether there are any more than the 3 or 4 persons and a dog as spectators, like for last year's early pre-season training.

I missed yesterday's session so I'd appreciate(out of curiosity) if someone can tell me the approximate number of onlookers there.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Well I'm off to Yeronga tomorrow arvo to have a look see at the 4pm training session.

It will be interesting to see whether there are any more than the 3 or 4 persons and a dog as spectators, like for last year's early pre-season training.

I missed yesterday's session so I'd appreciate(out of curiosity) if someone can tell me the approximate number of onlookers there.
I should be there tomorrow although I thought it started at 4.30pm, if it starts at 4pm I'll be a little late.

I didn't go yesterday so I can't help you with that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back