Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I'm off to Yeronga tomorrow arvo to have a look see at the 4pm training session.

It will be interesting to see whether there are any more than the 3 or 4 persons and a dog as spectators, like for last year's early pre-season training.

I missed yesterday's session so I'd appreciate(out of curiosity) if someone can tell me the approximate number of onlookers there.
Depending on my daughters afternoon nap time, I might head over.

I should be there tomorrow although I thought it started at 4.30pm, if it starts at 4pm I'll be a little late.

I didn't go yesterday so I can't help you with that one.

Yeah, I think it might be 4.30pm.

I turned up about 25 minutes early to one last season by getting the time wrong.

Only spectator there at that point and I felt a bit like the proverbial shag on a rock.

Until I got a number of warm hellos from players arriving later on.

That well and truly made up for it:):brisbane:

Yeah, I think it might be 4.30pm.

I turned up about 25 minutes early to one last season by getting the time wrong.

Only spectator there at that point and I felt a bit like the proverbial shag on a rock.

Until I got a number of warm hellos from players arriving later on.

That well and truly made up for it:):brisbane:

Which made up for it, the hellos or the shag?

Just got back from training, good to meet you luthor .

1- Mainly just ball work/drills and running.
2- Doing a bit of non preferred stuff, hand and foot.
3- Lachie Neale and Mitch Robinson the only ones there that didn't have to be that I can recall.
4- Cam Rayner looks trim taut and terrific, his running was noticeably easier for him than it was last pre season.
5- Ely Smith is a beast.
6- I noticed Tom Fullarton pick up some ground balls very cleanly, looks good below his knees.
7- Didn't see Chris Fagan there.
8- Cedric Cox looks bigger and fitter than last season.

Just got back from training, good to meet you luthor .

1- Mainly just ball work/drills and running.
2- Doing a bit of non preferred stuff, hand and foot.
3- Lachie Neale and Mitch Robinson the only ones there that didn't have to be that I can recall.
4- Cam Rayner looks trim taut and terrific, his running was noticeably easier for him than it was last pre season.
5- Ely Smith is a beast.
6- I noticed Tom Fullarton pick up some ground balls very cleanly, looks good below his knees.
7- Didn't see Chris Fagan there.
8- Cedric Cox looks bigger and fitter than last season.

Good to make your acquaintance Jason :thumbsu:

Robbo looked absolutely ripped. I wouldn't like to bounce off him in a dark alley. Or even a well lit one. Ouch!

You've got to love Lachie. If anyone had an excuse to skip the non-compulsory stuff, it would be him. Total professional :thumbsu: :hearts:

Gee it's great to see all of them look so fit and healthy.

No-one at all doing any rehab stuff at all as far as I could see.

Fingers crossed for another minimum injury season:brisbane::footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to make your acquaintance Jason :thumbsu:

Robbo looked absolutely ripped. I wouldn't like to bounce off him in a dark alley. Or even a well lit one. Ouch!

You've got to love Lachie. If anyone had an excuse to skip the non-compulsory stuff, it would be him. Total professional :thumbsu: :hearts:

Gee it's great to see all of them look so fit and healthy.

No-one at all doing any rehab stuff at all as far as I could see.

Fingers crossed for another minimum injury season:brisbane::footy:
There were a couple of players riding the stationary bikes the whole session. Not sure who.

Interesting to see academy prospects Bruce Reville and Keidean Coleman training with the group.

Cox and Ah Chee looked pretty tight.

McCluggage leading the running. Tom Berry and Rayner bringing up the rear.

There were a couple of players riding the stationary bikes the whole session. Not sure who.

Interesting to see academy prospects Bruce Reville and Keidean Coleman training with the group.

Where were you Briz?

As in what part of the ground?

FWIW, I thought Rayner looked looked a lot more comfortable with his running compared to the early PST sessions last year. Looked generally leaner to me too.

Is Reville the slightly built guy with the man-bun?

Where were you Briz?

As in what part of the ground?

FWIW, I thought Rayner looked looked a lot more comfortable with his running compared to the early PST sessions last year. Looked generally leaner to me too.

Is Reville the slightly built guy with the man-bun?
I had my 13 month old daughter with me. Ended up sitting with a small group of older men, and one woman, and a family, on the small stand in front of the club house.

And yes, that’s Reville. Was running and training with Coleman.

Thought Berry was really fit? Perhaps thinking of J.Berry. Really hoping J.Berry can have a pre-season with no injuris. Was looking to breakout last pre-season before having that big illness.

Looking forward toCox tearing it up.

I would love us to give Special Bruce a year on the rookie list. He needs to find more of it but he flashes elite attributes and if you could bring those more consistently into his game he could become anything. He is the kind of high risk high reward type I would be very tempted to take.

I would love us to give Special Bruce a year on the rookie list. He needs to find more of it but he flashes elite attributes and if you could bring those more consistently into his game he could become anything. He is the kind of high risk high reward type I would be very tempted to take.
My first thought was that he’s probably next years Keidean Coleman.

After Conole’s comments in regards to taking Lachie Johnson in the rookie draft, I wonder just how many rookie spots we will have, considering the commitment to redraft Skinner, CLyons, Smith and Eagles.

Eagles was the only one of our delisted free agents I noticed yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back