Training 2020 Preseason

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who was saying Cam looks unfit??
Looks like an absolute beast! Huge 2020 coming for him I believe!!
P.S swipe to the boxing photo

Yeah cam! If he's developed the tank for repeat second efforts and cleaned up his hands then rozee might find he has competition for best young mid sized forward in the comp

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will be interesting to see how Rozee handles the move in to the midfield. Port drafted a whole new half forward line with their first three selections at the draft.

They do have form on getting the most out of talented half forward / mid combos based on how well Robbie Gray has performed. Still, might be a bit premature to chuck him in the guts this year as my impression is they dont have that many other consistent options going forward

For anyone that's been at the sessions, how is Sir Charles? I saw an Insta story from Cam Rayner the other day where he was taking a 3 point shot at I guess the Bullets game, and after shooting the ball he's run back towards the camera holding the elbow he hyperextended in the GWS finals game.

I didn't have sound on so missed the context of that - is he all good?

For anyone that's been at the sessions, how is Sir Charles? I saw an Insta story from Cam Rayner the other day where he was taking a 3 point shot at I guess the Bullets game, and after shooting the ball he's run back towards the camera holding the elbow he hyperextended in the GWS finals game.

I didn't have sound on so missed the context of that - is he all good?
I have hyperextended my elbow falling off a ladder a few years ago.
And it was more painful than when I did my ACL and it took a long time to get over.

Will be interesting to see how Rozee handles the move in to the midfield. Port drafted a whole new half forward line with their first three selections at the draft.
He has star quality. You wouldn't think he would have any difficulty making the gradual transition provided he builds his aerobic capacity.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In an interview today with Lachie Neale on Lions TV he made reference to "only a couple of the boys in rehab".
Does anyone know who they are?

Who was saying Cam looks unfit??
Looks like an absolute beast! Huge 2020 coming for him I believe!!
P.S swipe to the boxing photo

Looks good this bloke hang your head in shame if you dissed him when he was just starting out

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will the Lions be training at The Reserve Springfield in 13 months time??.Expected completion date is early 2021.
If so preseason training is going to get more difficult due to the heat factor.

Most people on this forum would already know that The Reserve is located on the Easter boundary of Ipswich City and the western boundary of Brisbane. So temperature wise it is more in line with Ipswich than Brisbane. Ipswich is always hotter in Summer and colder in winter than Brisbane.
For the people that don't live in Brisbane below is the forecast for both cities over the next 7 days. The temperature variance below is about the average. And we are only 4 days into summer.

Brisbane: Today 34 then 35-36-35-31-31-33
Ipswich : Today 37 Then 39-41-41-35-35-38

Welcome to Brisbane Robertson,Smith & Prior

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The hotter the better-

https://www.outsideonline.com/2098556/surprising-benefits-training-heat#close

Researchers have been looking at the effects of heat on athletic performance for decades, and their results have been consistently surprising. Studies have found that, in addition to an increased rate of perspiration, training in the heat can increase an athlete’s blood plasma volume (which leads to better cardiovascular fitness), reduce overall core temperature, reduce blood lactate, increase skeletal muscle force, and, counterintuitively, make a person train better in cold temperatures. In fact, heat acclimation may actually be more beneficial than altitude training in eliciting positive physiological adaptations, says Santiago Lorenzo, a professor of physiology at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and a former decathlete at the University of Oregon. “Heat acclimation provides more substantial environmental specific improvements in aerobic performance than altitude acclimation,” he says. And in contrast to the live low, train high philosophy, we more quickly adapt to heat stress than we do to hypoxia. In other words, heat training not only does a better job at increasing V02 max than altitude, but it also makes athletes better at withstanding a wider range of temperatures.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After K Cornes flog comments re us sliding next year we have invited him to preseason. Would love to see him get flogged on the training track as well but I think he will be just a watcher.

Back