Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathison in blue team reckon we would have way to many inside mids with Neale , CEY , Lyon etc if they go sign matho . Need some more dash like a Bailey .

Great shots Section 5 . Appreciate you sharing them. Any thoughts on how the guys played?
When i take photos i can't give an assessment on how people played.
One thing i did notice was how much the players must rely on a very visible ground clock.
The game was on the number 2 oval so no clock.
Players continually yelling out "how much time has gone or time left". More so in the first half.
Also showing frustration with arms in air etc when not getting information.

For me they may as well have played at Yeronga if they could not get a game on the main oval where the Port game is scheduled.Maybe it was a late change due to maintenance.

I haven't played since the 70's so i assume this has to do with planned rotations.
And yes we did have ground clocks in the 70's

Cant take too much into teams yet. We pick pretty strong likely teams, but it isn't always a clear indication of round 1 intentions. Can indeed find some surprises like Skinner, but you will sometimes get the teams mixed.

Cant take too much into teams yet. We pick pretty strong likely teams, but it isn't always a clear indication of round 1 intentions. Can indeed find some surprises like Skinner, but you will sometimes get the teams mixed.

In line with your point, Mitch was in the B's for the match sims last year and played every game in the firsts he was healthy. I suspect well find that something similar has happened with the rucks given how well the two Ruck set up worked last year. I wouldnt be surprised if a major driver of playing one Ruck and a pinch hitter in the sims was to give O and stef the challenge of going against each other as much as anything a

In line with your point, Mitch was in the B's for the match sims last year and played every game in the firsts he was healthy. I suspect well find that something similar has happened with the rucks given how well the two Ruck set up worked last year. I wouldnt be surprised if a major driver of playing one Ruck and a pinch hitter in the sims was to give O and stef the challenge of going against each other as much as anything a
As Whiting pointed out in his article, Archie is injured and not playing in the sims. So only two healthy rucks on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding as always, Mr ripper.

Couple of quick queries.

You mentioned Ballenden and Skinner doing ankles. There's even a shot where Connor looks a bit sore and proppy. Any more on that as the evening progressed?

It might just be the luck of the photos you took, but, to my eye Oscar appears to be out pointing Stef in the majority of those shots. Out leaping, out positioning, out pacing him. Did you get that impression live?

Outstanding as always, Mr ripper.

Couple of quick queries.

You mentioned Ballenden and Skinner doing ankles. There's even a shot where Connor looks a bit sore and proppy. Any more on that as the evening progressed?

It might just be the luck of the photos you took, but, to my eye Oscar appears to be out pointing Stef in the majority of those shots. Out leaping, out positioning, out pacing him. Did you get that impression live?
They both played on briefly, but soon returned to the bench to ice up. Thought Oscar's timing was out at centre bounce, but did better around the ground. He has an enormous wingspan.

How's Joyce been playing? Looks to have added some mass to his frame. Looks like he's still a year or two off body wise but has some neat tools that we would love to see in the seniors.
Injured.

Fantastic work Mr Ripper - much appreciated. Is it just me or does Marcus Adams appear to have an awkward kicking action?
I didn't post the photo to save him embarrassment, but there was one set kick where he virtually missed the contacting ball with his foot. :D

Thanks for sharing Mr Ripper.
Your photos are always of excellent quality. Well done.
My two favourites not because of the quality of the shot but the sequence.

Oscar towers over Martin in a ruck contest. Actually has his knee with shin pad sitting on Martin's shoulder and head. Martin's knees only slightly bent. This is a huge leap for a 205 cm guy.
The very next photo Martin ceremoniously has Oscar looking like a goose in a marking contest. Oscar on his way to the deck just as ball arrives.
Loved that sequence. "You may be the next in line but i am still king" comes to mind.

I think Fagan will stick to the 2 rucks come round one. Oscar does look bigger and stronger this year

They both played on briefly, but soon returned to the bench to ice up. Thought Oscar's timing was out at centre bounce, but did better around the ground. He has an enormous wingspan.

Injured.

I didn't post the photo to save him embarrassment, but there was one set kick where he virtually missed the contacting ball with his foot. :D
Almost looks like Marcus is in pain when he kicks...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back