Resource 2020 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane in: #22 (2019) and future 4th (tied to GWS)

Port Adelaide in: #23 (2019) and a future 2nd (tied to Collingwood)

View attachment 786182
I like that we got pick 30 off bombers last night

Also still can’t believe gc gifted pick 11 then waste it. Stop giving them picks, their concessions are ridiculous

yeah there’s quite a few 2020 picks that changed hands last night. Unfortunately I’m one person and had other responsibilities during the draft, so this fell by the wayside.

Most especially because it will take quite a while to update it properly given that the information that the AFL provides is incomplete and very likely inaccurate, much like last year’s live trades.

I’ll get to it later, sorry guys.

Early Provisional 2020 Draft Order
Fremantle receives two third-round picks (currently No.52 and No.55)
Port Adelaide receives a fourth-round pick (currently No.66) and a future second-round selection

I am going to assume this is tied to Fremantle, but Fremantle also had Melbourne's second rounder.

Brisbane receives a second-round pick (currently No.22) and a future fourth-round selection
Port Adelaide receives a second-round pick (currently No.23) and a future second-round selection

Brisbane only have one future 2nd, which was Collingwood's, and Port only had one future 4th, which was GWS's.

Collingwood receives a third-round pick (currently No.43)
Hawthorn receives a future third-round selection (tied to Essendon)

This one is explicitly marked as Essendon's future 3rd, and that is the only one Collingwood had anyway. Probably accurate.

Sydney receives a second-round pick (currently No.25) and a future fourth-round pick
Adelaide receives a second-round pick (currently No.27) and a future third-round selection (tied to Fremantle)

Sydney's only 3rd rounder is Fremantle's, so this must be accurate. Adelaide have both Gold Coast's 4th and their own. For now I will assume it was their own.

Gold Coast receives a second-round pick (currently No.27)
Geelong receives a fifth-round pick (currently No.64) and 2020 assistance package pick (No.11)

Bit hard to stuff this one up. :)

Essendon receives a second-round pick (currently No.30) and a third-round pick (currently No.50)
North Melbourne receives a second-round pick (currently No.35) and a future second-round selection

Essendon only has one future 2nd, their own.

Brisbane receives a second-round pick (currently No.47), a third-round pick (currently No.59) and a future third-round selection
Sydney receives a second-round pick (currently No.38) and a future third-round selection

Looks like they only have their own picks to trade, unless Sydney did not on-trade Fremantle's earlier in the draft

Collingwood receives a third-round pick (currently No.45) a future second-round selection
Richmond receives a third-round pick (currently No.46) and a future second-round selection

Richmond only have their own 2nd rounder. Collingwood only have St Kilda's, assuming they traded their own earlier in the draft.

Geelong receives a third-round pick (currently No.50)
Essendon receives a third-round pick (currently No.63), a future third-round selection and a future fourth-round selection

Geelong's only third rounder is tied to Gold Coast, and their only fourth rounder was their own.

Greater Western Sydney receives a third-round pick (currently No.51) and a future fourth-round selection
Collingwood receives a future third-round pick

Collingwood have both their own 4th rounder and St Kilda's. GWS have both their own 3rd rounder and North Melbourne's. I'm going to assume they both traded their own picks, for now.

Fremantle receives a fourth-round pick (currently No.61)
Brisbane receives a future fifth-round selection

Fremantle only have their own 5th rounder so that's the one they must have traded.

West Coast receives a fourth-round pick (currently No.58)
Essendon receives a future fourth-round selection

West Coast only have their own 4th rounder so that's the one they must have traded.

Western Bulldogs receive a fourth-round pick (currently No.62)
Hawthorn receives a future fourth-round selection

Western Bulldogs only have one 4th rounder, which is their own. This is the one they must have traded.

The above is taken from the AFL's trade tracker, with my notes in bold. Their draft order page has not yet been updated to reflect these trades so there is nothing else from them to cross-reference against.

Some of the assumptions made above will turn out to be incorrect which will have a domino effect on the way to interpret the trades that come after it.

You should at least have the right number of picks in the right rounds, but they could be tied to the wrong clubs.

Some club websites, twitter accounts, etc. may have more detail that will clarify this in time. If you happen to have any such information from a verified source, I'd be grateful for you to send it through. We can work together to make it as accurate as possible.

Based on the above assumptions, this is what I have at the moment:

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 10.18.11 am.png

Last edited:
Best thread on Bigfooty. Well done Lore ...errr Sansa.....err Sophie. :thumbsu:
Second this, huge effort. AFL is such an amateur league it can't provide this kind of info to us fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the fox footy coverage didn't specify the picks in the trades. When I was updating the draft at the top of the live chat thread I had to keep pausing the coverage to write down the traded picks and then fast forward to catch up lol.

Even the fox footy coverage didn't specify the picks in the trades. When I was updating the draft at the top of the live chat thread I had to keep pausing the coverage to write down the traded picks and then fast forward to catch up lol.

Just want to thank you for the work you put in...its very much appreciated ...

This is the 2020 draft order.

This thread will track FUTURE pick trades once the trade period starts.

For the 2019 National Draft order, please see here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-nominal-draft-order-based-on-current-ladder.1206928/

As with previous editions from previous years, this spreadsheet will updated automatically during the season.

I will also try to post a screenshot of it once the round is over for posterity and so that the most up to date information is accessible in case the spreadsheet breaks for any reason.

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

For ease of access I have also set up threadmarks on the round updates, and will do the same through the trade period as picks change hands. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

GCS has certainly helped Geelong there with pick 11. Crazy for the AFL to give them such a heads up

Still not sure how 27 for 11 and 64 can pass the afl sniff test, actually yes I do.
Suns posters reckon that Sharp was 15th on the Suns draft board.

So they were trading pick 11 for pick 15.

And if you factor in next years pick 11 being pushed out 2 or 3 spots, it’s almost an even trade.

They were not trading pick 11 for 15... lol

It is pick 11 of 2020 and pick 64, in exchange for pick 27 of the day.

C'mon man, when Ken Wood sees the draft picks proposed in deal he has to apply sniff test but apparently in current climate suns deals rubber stamped no matter what....we can give them more assistance if this gets them in mess again....

Sharp is totally irrelevant at that point because he is not even drafted yet....c'mon.. THINK!!!

They were not trading pick 11 for 15... lol

It is pick 11 of 2020 and pick 64, in exchange for pick 27 of the day.

C'mon man, when Ken Wood sees the draft picks proposed in deal he has to apply sniff test but apparently in current climate suns deals rubber stamped no matter what....we can give them more assistance if this gets them in mess again....

Sharp is totally irrelevant at that point because he is not even drafted yet....c'mon.. THINK!!!

You gave good advice. Time to take it, I think.
When Gold Coast did the trade for pick 11, was anyone else able to take Sharp?

They are clearly aware of how many spots they are likely to have next year, and how strong the non NGA, Father Son pool is. As a result they made a considered choice about the worth of Sharp compared to a future pick 11 ( more likely 12 or 13 after bid matching).

The rant about the Suns and any favourable treatment they get was humorous: they have a way to go to reach the largesse that Carlton has received from the AFL and it’s predecessors.

Gold Coast offered future pick 11 to Brisbane(22), Port Adelaide(23) and Adelaide(24&25) prior to Geelong on the eve of the 2nd night of the draft. They all rejected the offer.

Gold Coast offered future pick 11 to Brisbane(22), Port Adelaide(23) and Adelaide(24&25) prior to Geelong on the eve of the 2nd night of the draft. They all rejected the offer.
I think Pick 11 (future pick) and pick 20 is on offer to Carlton for pick 9 and martin but they reject it. Don't get why Carlton fans always complain.

You gave good advice. Time to take it, I think.
You clearly did not take it. Went over your head. Once you mention Sharp it shows you did not think.
Nothing to do with him.
It is about Ken Wood and a trade of picks he approved that do not pass the sniff test.
Anyway, lets not derail this great thread any further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back