Resource 2020 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Langdon (GWS) to West Coast for pick 54

Markov (Richmond) joins Gold Coast for a future third round pick (tied to Gold Coast)
Hogan (Fremantle) joins GWS for pick 54
Adelaide receive a second round pick as compensation for Brad Crouch
Adelaide receive a second round pick (currently pick 23) for Brad Crouch, who has joined St Kilda as a Restricted Free Agent:

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 17.08.22.png

Thanks to BigFooty's extremely lazy hamsters for the delay :rolleyesv1: Forum won't let me load the page, then won't let me upload the screenshot.... :rolleyesv1::rolleyesv1:

Adelaide receive a second round pick (currently pick 23) for Brad Crouch, who has joined St Kilda as a Restricted Free Agent:

View attachment 1003195

Thanks to BigFooty's extremely lazy hamsters for the delay :rolleyesv1: Forum won't let me load the page, then won't let me upload the screenshot.... :rolleyesv1::rolleyesv1:

Go the Saints. Good work Lore

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hartigan (Adelaide) joins Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick (tied to Hawthorn)
McKernan (Essendon) joins St Kilda as an Unrestricted Free Agent
Shaun McKernan (Essendon) joins St Kilda as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

There is no compensation due to the contract offer being too low to qualify for Band 5.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.18.40.png

As I stated in his player thread, this one has been misreported as a "Delisted Free Agent".

He was already an Unrestricted Free Agent because he had already been delisted twice prior to 2020 (once by Adelaide years ago, and once by Essendon when they re-rookied him a couple of years ago).

Thanks to that, he qualified for lifetime free agency when that came in last year, and was an Unrestricted Free Agent the moment he came out of contract, whether Essendon chose to delist him or not.

So while he was not offered another contract, he is not a "Delisted Free Agent". Delisted players are still tied to their clubs until the end of the trade period, they don't qualify for free agency until after the next list lodgement date has passed.

The proof for this is that AFL House specifically said he is an Unrestricted Free Agent, and he has moved within the Unrestricted Free Agency period.

DFAs also don't qualify for any compensation at all, whereas this one did qualify to be assessed for compensation, but didn't get any because his contract offer is too low to qualify for Band 5 (which are the rules that apply to a UFA).

Pick swap: Brisbane trade #43 and future 4th to Melbourne for #53 and a future 3rd
Shaun McKernan (Essendon) joins St Kilda as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

There is no compensation due to the contract offer being too low to qualify for Band 5.

View attachment 1004676

As I stated in his player thread, this one has been misreported as a "Delisted Free Agent".

He was already an Unrestricted Free Agent because he had already been delisted twice prior to 2020 (once by Adelaide years ago, and once by Essendon when they re-rookied him a couple of years ago).

Thanks to that, he qualified for lifetime free agency when that came in last year, and was an Unrestricted Free Agent the moment he came out of contract, whether Essendon chose to delist him or not.

So while he was not offered another contract, he is not a "Delisted Free Agent". Delisted players are still tied to their clubs until the end of the trade period, they don't qualify for free agency until after the next list lodgement date has passed.

The proof for this is that AFL House specifically said he is an Unrestricted Free Agent, and he has moved within the Unrestricted Free Agency period.

DFAs also don't qualify for any compensation at all, whereas this one did qualify to be assessed for compensation, but didn't get any because his contract offer is too low to qualify for Band 5 (which are the rules that apply to a UFA).

Go the Saints. Enjoyed the explanation. Made it very clear.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wright (Gold Coast) joins Essendon for a future fourth round pick (tied to Essendon)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick swap: Adelaide trade #33 and #50 to Melbourne for future 2nd and future 4th round picks (tied to Melbourne)
Hannan (Melbourne) traded to Western Bulldogs for a future 3rd round pick (tied to Western Bulldogs)
Preuss (Melbourne) traded to GWS for pick 31.
JESUS

I literally come straight to this thread to check if I've beaten you to the spreadsheet update.
The sheet is almost fully automated, I had to type two words into it and screenshot the first page, paste the tweet and go. It really doesn't take long :tongueoutv1:

Especially when it's super straight forward and doesn't involve future picks that may belong to three different clubs :rolleyesv1:

The sheet is almost fully automated, I had to type two words into it and screenshot the first page, paste the tweet and go. It really doesn't take long :tongueoutv1:

Especially when it's super straight forward and doesn't involve future picks that may belong to three different clubs :rolleyesv1:

One day.

Three-way trade: Martin (Brisbane) to Western Bulldogs, Young (Western Bulldogs) and #70 to North Melbourne, #63 to Brisbane Lions
Three-way trade:

Stefan Martin (Brisbane) to Western Bulldogs
Lachie Young (Western Bulldogs) and pick 70 to North Melbourne
Pick 63 to Brisbane Lions

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 16.47.10.png

Three-way trade:

Stefan Martin (Brisbane) to Western Bulldogs
Lachie Young (Western Bulldogs) and pick 70 to North Melbourne
Pick 63 to Brisbane Lions

View attachment 1008009

Ugh, when did Adelaide get pick 9 agian? Did i miss something

Fogarty (Geelong) traded to Carlton with #38 for #30 and #51
Cockatoo (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a future 3rd (tied to Melbourne)
Nakia Cockatoo (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a future 3rd (tied to Melbourne)

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.02.50.png

To view the provisional draft order for 2021 click the link:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back