Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately my family has got limited tickets to games this year (as would many) and only 4 out of the usual 5 of us were able to snag some for the Qualifying Final. I put my hand up and said my brother could take the Qualifying Final ticket as long as I get the Prelim ;)

The thing is however, I've realized our record when my family goes to the footy without me is pretty good. We are 3-0 since 2014, and those games included the Chad Wingard MOTY game vs St Kilda where we won by 70 points, the following smashing of St Kilda in 2015 by 63 points, and the 'Flashpoint Motlop' Showdown in 2018.

A repeat of any of those would be good enough for me, although the latter might take some years off my life.

Unfortunately my family has got limited tickets to games this year (as would many) and only 4 out of the usual 5 of us were able to snag some for the Qualifying Final. I put my hand up and said my brother could take the Qualifying Final ticket as long as I get the Prelim ;)

The thing is however, I've realized our record when my family goes to the footy without me is pretty good. We are 3-0 since 2014, and those games included the Chad Wingard MOTY game vs St Kilda where we won by 70 points, the following smashing of St Kilda in 2015 by 63 points, and the 'Flashpoint Motlop' Showdown in 2018.

A repeat of any of those would be good enough for me, although the latter might take some years off my life.
Thanks for taking one for the team 😂

I like this. Not just taking a week off resting. Gives you a good feeling about what's ahead. If we do win this QF, you'd be playing 1 game in 3 weeks before a PF, so getting some more touch in is a great idea.
Was talking to my Dad yesterday about the week off etc he was on our list in the 77 flag year and was saying having a scratch match was the best thing to do. He told me they had one in the week off between making the Grand Final and the GF in 77 and it kept the touch up for the blokes who played and pushed them on. I'm all for it as you'll get the blokes who are fighting for a spot stepping up to try and take a place and it keeps everyone on their toes. I'd much prefer we've done that then have a rest all weekend coming into a Thursday final.

The betting markets are so weird.

We are now clear favourites to beat Geelong.

We are second fave to make the GF, yet we are still 4th fave to win it, despite being the only side to beat the favourites and with most "experts" thinking our game style matches up best against that favourite.

There's some weird markets this week.

Port $1.72 to Geelong $2.10
Bulldogs $1.76 to St Kilda $2.05

The football I watch doesn't reflect either of these markets.

Bowen. *******. Lockwood.

So disappointed that injury cost us seeing the best of him. Had Tredders covered early days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can we take a week off? Monday night game to the following Thursday night is a 10 day break. They gave the players 3 days off.
I know what you're saying, but I feel like the weekend in between with these shortened games is a reasonable mid point. They wouldn't have gone and played a full 4 quarters, but I like having a good solid sharp game in between. If we do win Thursday it'll be a 15 day break till the next. 25 days with 1 game would be a worry.

PM me your dealers details, need me some of these drugs lol

high on life and optimism.

Let’s look at the facts.
Top team
Top defence
Top of most statistical cetegrories required to win
The youth are inspired
The elderly staying strong
The mid tier age improving dramatically

Ken has learnt a lot and with stronger assistants.

review the Geelong game again, that was 2020 Port.

we will blanket Danger like we do. Hawkins won’t get the same space.

we will win

Let’s look at the facts.
Top team
Top defence
The youth are inspired

we will win

Hoping for a cracking start to this year's finals

Let’s look at the facts.
Top team
Top defence
The youth are inspired

we will win
Hope you're right!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back