Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Where we win the minor round but they won the final. Time to reverse it.

Reality is Steven Dank cheated the cats to three flags. Those days are over. F*** them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong finished 3 games and 39% higher in top spot to our 2nd in '07. This is nothing like '07 where Geelong brained teams in the season regular. This is much closer to 2004.

Nerves are getting twitchy. Confident we've got what it takes to knock off the Cats but still suffering PTSD from 2017 EF.

Club is certainly positive. I can't recall a time the club has been so bullish about an upcoming final.

Had to be up and about early this morning so when I woke up watched the highlights from the 2014 PB elimination vs the punt road flogs and pretty much jumped out of bed farken. Can't wait for Thursday 🌽🍐.

Nerves are getting twitchy. Confident we've got what it takes to knock off the Cats but still suffering PTSD from 2017 EF.

Club is certainly positive. I can't recall a time the club has been so bullish about an upcoming final.
I'm going to be a wreck by Thursday.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bring the heat we brought against Richmond during the season, particularly early on to set the tone and i think we will win this game.

We will play our part, i'm expecting the crowd to be very vocal.

Yeah Geelong stitched us up during the season but it was a Weekend at Bernie's performance for us that night, easily the flattest we looked all season. Amplified with the coaches box also having a mare.

We deserve to be favourites and i'm expecting to win.

Port by 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to be that guy but the club was massively bullish in GF week '07.

Difference was that it felt a bit OTT at the time. This feels different.

And we’re not heading into a big final with spuds like Pettigrew and Symes and good-ordinary depth players like Logan and Surjan this time.

Man what were we thinking.

I don't remember the club being like that. I certainly remember Choco being like that though.

And we’re not heading into a big final with spuds like Pettigrew and Symes and good-ordinary depth players like Logan and Surjan this time.

Man what were we thinking.
Ottens running down Pettigrew in the 1st quarter was it for me and I doubled my alcohol intake...I don't remember much of the game after half time.

I don't remember the club being like that. I certainly remember Choco being like that though.
I remember Choco being on the GF Footy Show, his arrogance and confidence was cringe.

We had a huge wave of momentum in August/September 2007.

We beat Hawthorn and Geelong in back to back weeks with literally the last kick of the game in both games. We then beat Freo to secure 2nd spot and a home QF by finishing only a small amount of percentage ahead of West Coast, largely due to Scott Lucas kicking 6 goals in the last quarter against West Coast. In the QF we came from well behind to beat West Coast and then we smashed North in the PF.

Even though it all turned out to be the biggest false economy of all time, we had built a massive amount of momentum and confidence in the lead up to that GF and it almost seemed like nothing could go wrong for us.

I think Geelongs poor post bye record is their weak spot we must exploit. Apply pressure early, CONVERT in front of goal and I think we can hold them off.

Last year Richmond got belted by Geelong by 67 points in the middle of the year and bounced back against them in the PF.

My mate brought up the Crows prelim at AO in 2017 where they smoked Geelong. I think that Geelong team was better than this one and Port can win this game. Won't be easy but there won't be any excuses. Carn the pear 🍐!!

If we kick 2 quick goals at the beginning, that will go a long way in us winning the game. We haven’t been very good at chasing deficits but we’ve been good at staying in front

Remove this Banner Ad

Back