Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to be that guy but the club was massively bullish in GF week '07.

Difference was that it felt a bit OTT at the time. This feels different.

Bullish is one thing, cocky is another.

Choco was strutting around all week, opening up training sessions for fans and media to go nuts. The whole week was treated like a footy carnival. Training was like fun and games. Meanwhile Geelong quietly knuckled down, quietly got on with business, and took it seriously, something they were pilloried for during the week by the press. "Loosen up a bit Geelong. Be more like Port".

This week feels much more like quiet confidence to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody love that big f$&ker. He is a champ.

I’m feeling real 90s about this finals campaign. Hats off to Ken, Kochie, KT, Davies, and Cripps.

Finally, feels like as a club we are settled, and ready to go hard into this finals campaign. No distractions. Just ready to go.

Just think how tough Choco had it - He broke through doing the toughest thing for any new AFL team winning a flag. Choco got the monkey off the back something GWS, Freo, GC have never been able to do.

Maybe it’s the 150 nostalgia. But something is stirring down here at Alberton...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken: "You've done good, but you've got to keep doing good. I've shown you how the game plan works. Now, school's out."

Players: "Mr. Hinkley, we're there for you 110%!"

Ken: "No no no, you don't understand. I want to be surprised. Astonish me - finals wins. I don't care where or how you get them...just get them."

Having a bit of a look at the Geelong board it’s not your normal arrogant we will win easy attitude.
Strangely they are mostly worried about being blown away in the first qtr 🤪.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back