Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it matters, but Port is $1.92 vs $1.88 for Geelong and the closest of the 4 finals. Classic 50/50 finals game.

Richmond are $1.57 vs $2.35 Brisbane. WCE $1.42 vs $2.81 Coll, and WB $1.75 vs $2.08 StK.

I'm hoping this is on the Thursday night as we're off to Yorke's for the long weekend.

Personally, I'm glad we're up against Geelong. We assert ourselves and break the hoodoo they have over us, and if not, we still get a second chance.

Beating Geelong would have a feeling of the monkey off the back and give me a fair bit of confidence going into a prelim.

We are coming from a long way back. Last time we looked like the side coming off a 4 day break and they looked like a side that had been freshened up. We were spanked in the middle, we were spanked in the back lines by Hawkins, we were just spanked. Only positive was that we gave them very little insight into our A Game. They have our C Game covered.

We should have an advantage in ruck. We should break even at least in clearances and contested possessions. We should have more run and pace than their side of geriatrics. These are the areas they beat us in- and Geelong were the last side to beat us in these areas and the last side to beat us.

It is the perfect first final for us. Despite having the best minor round since Essendon 2000, we are the underdogs and the hunters- on our home ground too. We cannot avoid the good teams in this finals series. Now is a great time to face the music. We have to beat the best to be the best.

Decisively, we get to sleep in our beds!

Those looking for an angle are always going to revert to "the last time they met" narrative

But this season's been so different - multiple short breaks, same day travel

Every team, well and truly including Geelong, have had some serious performance ups and downs

I'd rather look at the massively strong bond this group has, the resilience to play anyone, anywhere, anytime, the genuine will to want it more than any other team this year

That'll carry us up and over I have no doubt

Well I'm not a port supporter. And I think you'll get smashed.

Last time you played in the gold Coast, in front of a 90 percent geelong crowd, with umpires on your side. They didn't tag dangerfield. They went into the game with a learning philosophy about the way this guy plays. Let the kids at him. They had a similar philosophy with Hawkins.

When Hawkins was rested, dangerfield went to full forward and ports system was better, they dominated possession and time in forward half. You guys were forced to flood. Your scoring was drier than a nuns...

They have a stronger midfield now and Hawkins won't see half the ball he did. The game is also in adelaide. Port will also be fresher in the head and body, as a result of based from adelaide Hawkins game that night as good as there's been in years, from a full forward, kicked a few out of his arse

Port put the cue in the rack after the first goal Of the last quarter, they didn't need to win.

You're f’ed.
I like this guy.

I wont be confident coming into this but I hope we ******* belt them.

Lets give our home crowd something to get excited about

do we know what time and date for the game yet?
We're getting Thursday night according to some journos on Twitter. Apparently going to be confirmed by the AFL shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much for a proper bye

We've just had a 9 day break and now a 10 day break. I don't mind it. Especially if we win and face another 14 day break.

Thursday, October 1
First Qualifying Final

Port Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7:10pm CST / 7.40pm EST

Not in this link but from ticket thread so get your computers and mobile devices ready for Friday purchases.

SALE DATES
WEEK 1: September 25 - October 3

Thursday Night Final - Friday, September 25
Friday Night Final - Monday, September 28
Saturday Finals - Tuesday, September 29

View attachment 967669
View attachment 967678

would you prefer Tigers or Geelong..?

we/ll have to play the tigers at some stage, if we're successful against the cats, so only a timing difference.

tigers have a better midfield than the cats but we really struggle against the cats defence. In terms of forward line, both have big strong targets, which always keeps our defenders working overtime.

the better side? tigers
the better match up against port? maybe the cats

Thursday dammit. Thats ridiculous. Should've been Friday or Saturday night.

Whoever does win our final will feel like they have a looooooong break till the PF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back