Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's this "something different" factor about us this year. This belief dates all the way back to that pre-season game against the Dogs in Whyalla, when Dixon and Lycett got injured and we were going to lose for all money...until we didn't.

We've just kept winning games we've notoriously lost in the past. Perfect examples are the Carlton game and how we found a way to win, and the Richmond game where we rose for the occasion and went up a gear in one of the games of the year. Even the games against West Coast and GWS were turning points!

I'm telling you, our 150th year is bringing out the best in the whole club.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
1600756536927.png

Intriguing Odds. Especially Brisbane being so far out. Would've thought our odds are a bit short too.

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I hope you’re right for once
Geelong shits the bed under pressure. And the pressure will be relentless. Think of the game against Richmond this year, and double it.

There's 2017 Richmond vibes about this team. They weren't rated until they won the flag.
I guess there was no pressure in that round 12 game where Geelong beat Port by 10 goals.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Which includes both 100% pledgers and 50-75% pledgers and also includes a selection of Adelaide Oval members. That figure just doesn't stack up with what KT said about membership numbers earlier this month.

I haven't believed anything KT (or Koch) has said for about 5 years. The silence from these 2 over the last few months has been blissful. Hope they shut up for the entire finals series.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Mmm you’d think coming top might finally give us a prime time game hey

Now come on, mate :mad:

We're not a Victorian powerhouse club so we don't deserve a prime time slot.

Vic clubs = ratings = big bucks for the Vic-centric AFL located in inner city Malbun.

Just be thankful that we are lucky enough to be allowed to play in a comp with the big boys. And know your place in the pecking order. 🥺

That's a pretty complex post, give me some time to process it.

It's because he's far and away the biggest cheat in the AFL, in case you were wondering. Hope that helps.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So are we thinking dry or wet weather gives us a better shot against the Cats?

Its looking like it will be dry. I've always found the Elders rain forecast to be pretty reliable. Its one the farmers seem to rely on.
Low chance of rain, and coming into an extended dry period. So if there is any rain around that day it would only be a clearing early light shower at most.

20200922_162000.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll beat geelong and Richmond will probably beat brisbane. Geelong probably beat Richmond in a prelim. And you'll probably beat brisbane in a prelim.

Gf at the gabba, anyone's guess. But you're fresher and with your high intensity running style, it's as if the gods are on your side. Richmond geelong and west coast all skilled in hard big finals, but this year, hard games not been happening. It's all about the run.

It is the covid Cup, everything we've come to know out the window.

I was thinking about that last night. I predicted we would come 6-10th this year, so what happened?

The slippery conditions - reducing the effectiveness of more skilled sides
Intercept marks off the backline and rebound - jonas, clurey, hartlett, houston and dbj all good at this
big bodies around the ball - the slippery conditions means congestion and the clearances so important. This has turned the one paced midfield into a strength.
the smaller oval - a decent kick from a clearance means your next kick could be a kick for goal

we have weaknesses though, lacking a tall defender for the hawkins, lynch types. We have turn over kings like bonner and a forward line with players like marshall still learning their trade.

fingers crossed!

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Keen to see what Marshall can do on Blicavs after nullifying Moore on the weekend.

best lockdown decoy link-up key forward in the AFL don’t @ me

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Cats on current form shouldn’t be an issue for us. I am feeling confident we will dispose of them next week. I know their record against us is telling but it’s gotta start turning sometime! And what better way than in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back