Qld 2020 Queensland Election - October 31

Who are you voting for/would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You think the pm and cabinet attacking the Qld govt daily has zero to do with the election?

Really???

In the minds of politicians - Yes

In the minds of reasonably switched on voters, of just about any "persuasion" - No

It's just white noise.

A bit like the last 4 pages prior to my initial comment. It's improved since then, albeit slightly.

Last edited:

In the minds of reasonably switched on voters, of just about any "persuasion" - No

It's just white noise.

A bit like the last 4 pages prior to my initial comment. It's improved since then, albeit slightly.

lol, how partisan are you to think what Frydo and potatohead are doing has zero to do with trying to get a Lib win in qld

try not typing with your scomo undies on

lol, how partisan are you to think what Frydo and potatohead are doing has zero to do with trying to get a Lib win in qld

try not typing with your scomo undies on

Comprehension of written English isn't your long suit then is it.

I actually wrote that the politicians DO think it's about the election.

I'll leave you to work out the rest of what I wrote, baby steps though.

Comprehension of written English isn't your long suit then is it.

I actually wrote that the politicians DO think it's about the election.

I'll leave you to work out the rest of what I wrote, baby steps though.

What's a 'long suit'?

Isn't the response to Covid an election issue? If transmission increases due to the ADF not being present to enforce border controls, isn't it important who the electorate blames for this?

Isn't the response to Covid an election issue? If transmission increases due to the ADF not being present to enforce border controls, isn't it important who the electorate blames for this?

Response - sure.

Blame - no, not if you value your vote. Do you reckon anyone else can do better? If so then vote for them!

My point was the discussion in this thread at the point I wrote it. We’re now actually getting to discussion rather than, “Waaaaaaaaah” Morrison. “Waaaaaaah” Palaszczhuk.

Blame - no, not if you value your vote. Do you reckon anyone else can do better? If so then vote for them!
I'd suggest most of the electorate doesn't think this way, unfortunately. Instead they decide whether the incumbent is to blame for major problems, and if that is the case, they vote for the other major party.

If they really did vote based on who they thought could do better at particular issues, there's no way they would have shown their displeasure over Bligh's asset sales by voting for the LNP en masse. The LNP are quite clearly even bigger fans of privatisation and small government than Labor, so nobody should have been surprised by Newman's cuts, but plenty of people were.

I'd suggest most of the electorate doesn't think this way, unfortunately. Instead they decide whether the incumbent is to blame for major problems, and if that is the case, they vote for the other major party.

If they really did vote based on who they thought could do better at particular issues, there's no way they would have shown their displeasure over Bligh's asset sales by voting for the LNP en masse. The LNP are quite clearly even bigger fans of privatisation and small government than Labor, so nobody should have been surprised by Newman's cuts, but plenty of people were.

Campbell Newman would have to go as one of the most incompetent idiots to ever become a premier in the country, ever

until the LNP deal with the idiots who thought "you know what, Newman would make one hell of a leader!" they aint going nowhere

Campbell Newman would have to go as one of the most incompetent idiots to ever become a premier in the country, ever

until the LNP deal with the idiots who thought "you know what, Newman would make one hell of a leader!" they aint going nowhere

Newman had a good rep in Brisbane prior to the 2012 election due to his time as Lord Mayor. It was just that the Peter Principle well and truly hit him on the bonce after that.

Frecklington doesn't have that, and indeed isn't even from Brisbane.

From memory, Newman promised not to privatise; once in office, he tried to dodge the issue by 'leasing' state assets for 99 years instead.

It didn't take, and rightly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman had a good rep in Brisbane prior to the 2012 election due to his time as Lord Mayor. It was just that the Peter Principle well and truly hit him on the bonce after that.

Frecklington doesn't have that, and indeed isn't even from Brisbane.

one of my former bosses is involved in the upper ranks of the LNP, and when Newman was being touted we heard about it at every meeting. he was convinced he was the start of a dynasty in australian politics. noone could disagree with him, so i used to just point out how much i loved newmans vision for the clem jones tunnel, because i had never been on a toll road that is always as easy to drive on 24/7 :p

This outsiders point of view is that the Queenslish tend to vote less based on political parties and more on insularity.
It's a very easy narrative to spin. In reality, most Queenslanders just care more about not getting Covid and being able to go to the shops and pub. Cross border travel ranks a distinct third in priorities for most, and if it has to be sacrificed to protect the first two, then so be it.

This outsiders point of view is that the Queenslish tend to vote less based on political parties and more on insularity.

Correct, if by insularity you mean that Queenslanders 1) are more likely to vote for one of their own (Kevin Rudd) and 2) vote in accordance with their interests rather than out of any inherent party loyalty.

Back