Qld 2020 Queensland Election - October 31

Who are you voting for/would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only takes one super spreader and we're all cactus.
No way will we see any more lockdowns.

Assuming more outbreaks we will see lockdowns til the end of the year. After that the various governments will probably totally shut their borders but have far looser internal rules. Because the protests will be similar to the US.

Assuming more outbreaks we will see lockdowns til the end of the year. After that the various governments will probably totally shut their borders but have far looser internal rules. Because the protests will be similar to the US.

LOL
The 5 Karen's protesting won't change anyone's mind.

The 1st wave was easy to contain, the virus was coming in from overseas.
Now, there's virus everywhere in Qld, NSW and Vic.
Scum-ho and his band of mahh-economy with the help of the Murdoch press will see us once again end up with people voting against their own interests.

LOL

Scum-ho and his band of mahh-economy with the help of the Murdoch press will see us once again end up with people voting against their own interests.

Everywhere? 4 or 5 people a day out of a population of 8 million. How will you describe it if it jumps to 40 or 50 a day?

Everywhere? 4 or 5 people a day out of a population of 8 million. How will you describe it if it jumps to 40 or 50 a day?

Yes. Everywhere.
It is not the goal of the govt to eliminate the virus.
As soon as we open up, the virus will spread like wildfire as has happened in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY that has opened up.

People are dying with borders closed. the left have usually always been happy to point out the impact recessions have on death as a reason to justify large keynesian policies. Or have you forgotton that? we have to take a balance as whatever decision we make people will probably die.

plus no one is arguing about stopping the use of lockdowns to prevent mass outbreaks. But using logic to determine how lockdowns are implemented. I.e. making the same rule for a community rather then splitting communities in half because of an imaginerary state border. gold coast and the northern nsw towns should be under the one set of rules.

i live in queensland. What we are currently seeing here is trumpian border politics where fear is being used to dehumanize people south of the border. It is literally disgusting and if it was a liberal government doing it you wouod be all on the bandwagon shouting this down. And dont tell me you wouldnt be.

compassionate rules should provide exemptions so people can visit dying relatives. And you cant say these exemptions are too high a risk and still support what labour is doing in queensland because that same labour party is providing exemptions for percieved money purposes. They have been upfront about this. Celebrities and rich people are being granted exemption from hotel quarantine because fro osme reason the queensland government thinks they bring money into the state. We have even let in people from america.

can you honestly say its fine for b grade celebrities like danni minogue to be free to do her quarantine away from a hotel in a relative mansion whilst patients who have just had serious surgery can not be granted an exemptiom to do quarantine at home and instead have to do it in a tiny hotel room?

whilst in many ways it is hypocritical for hard core conservatives to complain about this stuff the lefts current silence and even support of it is proving equally as hypocritical. You are losing credibility on the topic of human suffering and injustice when you dont call it out when your own politicians are doing it for the purposes of maintaining power.

just look at northern territory. Before the election northern territories borders were going to be closed for more than a year. Now only a month after the election not only are the open to queensland and south australia but they are about to open to nsw. The same labour government is still in charge. This is the poltics if fear and dehumanisation. And labour is giving it as good as any.

The problem with compassion is that people spin Shakespearan sob stories to get through. Everyone takes a mile when given an inch.

It has been proven time and time again.

Yes. Everywhere.
It is not the goal of the govt to eliminate the virus.
As soon as we open up, the virus will spread like wildfire as has happened in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY that has opened up.

That is just wrong. Opening our state borders doesnt mean we are suddenly letting hordes of sick people from other countries in.

That is just wrong. Opening our state borders doesnt mean we are suddenly letting hordes of sick people from other countries in.

No. But it is dramatically increasing the chances of it happening; a lot of risk for not much economic gain.

This idea that tourism is going to flourish once the borders open is pure hogwash. We are in a recession and a global pandemic; i dare say tourism is going to take a hit no matter what.

LOL

People voting against their own interests is always the way isn't it. Happens all the time.

You think victorians are cactus?

this fear sounds awfully like bogans being scared of boat people or americans being scared of mexicans. Its irrational.

Not just Victorians, all of us.
A thousand countries have tried the "let's open, we got this", and everyone of them has failed at stopping a 2nd wave.

Stopping it from spreading once you open is down to pure luck.

Not just Victorians, all of us.
A thousand countries have tried the "let's open, we got this", and everyone of them has failed at stopping a 2nd wave.

Stopping it from spreading once you open is down to pure luck.
And they are living much better lives with that seconnd wave then we are. Theyve brought the hospitalization and death rate down dramatic.

No. But it is dramatically increasing the chances of it happening; a lot of risk for not much economic gain.

This idea that tourism is going to flourish once the borders open is pure hogwash. We are in a recession and a global pandemic; i dare say tourism is going to take a hit no matter what.

Tourism is booming in the South East.
We have had a week away recently in QLD.
It was hard to find accommodation we preferred, a lot of house full places.

Where we went was lovely, we had never been to the small town area before.
What surprised me was that business in all the little towns was booming. People we spoke to said it was a lot more busier than normal.
The accomodation we stayed at, said the same.

It seems people still enjoy the freedoms we have and are travelling intrastate.

i believe a problem for some specific businesses is they rely on overseas travellers.
Sad for them, but this is a global pandemic.

A lot of overseas countries are into the second wave and are back to lockdowns.

I am glad we have been managed as we have in QLD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What surprised me was that business in all the little towns was booming. People we spoke to said it was a lot more busier than normal.

i believe a problem for some specific businesses is they rely on overseas travellers.

Those countries having second waves arent in lockdowns.

What about UK saying they might do lockdown in Oct?
How about parts of Italy, Spain,Singapore,Nz.to name a few.

The problem with Victoria was a disunited management early. The constituents don’t like being told what to do.
They bucked the public health directives,and low and behold you wind up in the mess you are in.

What about UK saying they might do lockdown in Oct?
How about parts of Italy, Spain,Singapore,Nz.to name a few.

The problem with Victoria was a disunited management early. The constituents don’t like being told what to do.
They bucked the public health directives,and low and behold you wind up in the mess you are in.
so we should implement harsh lockdowns so we can avoid maybe having to go into a mild lockdown?

The point about local tourism booming, is the same in WA.

The local business’s are getting the dollars, not Bali or Thailand.

And they are living much better lives with that seconnd wave then we are. Theyve brought the hospitalization and death rate down dramatic.

Based on what?

The hospitalisation & death rate are lower because SO FAR the 2nd wave has mainly hit the younger pop.

In Qld now our lives are pretty normal.
We can holiday in our state.
We can go to the footy.
We can watch our kids play sport.
Gyms and pools are open.
All shopping centres are open.
You can eat out at a restaurant or pub.

All businesses have to have a COVID plan, and follow it.
You get used to scanning in, when you go out.

We have followed the Public Health directives of social distancing, washing hands, wearing masks.

We also are pretty smicko on contact tracing.
We have teams ready to go for spot outbreaks.

We have banded together as a state to get where we are now.

No one wants this undone.
We are happy where we are.

..and the economy is screwed.

So for weeks Palaszczuk insisted that it wasn't safe to allow people from the ACT into Queensland. And she wasn't going to be 'bullied' by the Prime Minister on this issue.

Now, apparently it is safe.

What changed, apart from it becoming an election vote loser?

In fact it isn’t.
Our jobs have increased.
People are spending up.
We are heading in the right direction economically.

I just tried to book an island holiday up north for next year. It took ages to get dates, a lot of booked out times.

The problem is that QLD relies way too much on small business, and those always go to the wall during recessions.

We're in for a lot of economic pain.

Back