Qld 2020 Queensland Election - October 31

Who are you voting for/would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In fact it isn’t.
Our jobs have increased.
People are spending up.
We are heading in the right direction economically.

I just tried to book an island holiday up north for next year. It took ages to get dates, a lot of booked out times.

International visitor spend in Australia was $44.6 billion last year. That's all gone.

Also gone is interstate tourism.

Apparently, occupancy rates in Port Douglas are at an all time low.

I cant drive 150 km south of where im living. Im locked in.

in european countries not only can you travel to any state but most countries are open to travel in. The people are free. We are not.
So you want to go past the border bubble?
I can drive to Cairns or Mt Isa, we are not locked in.
Seriously, get a grip.

So you want to go past the border bubble?
I can drive to Cairns or Mt Isa, we are not locked in.
Seriously, get a grip.

Entire state of Qld vs 5km radius circle...

He's copping the hard end of the pineapple mate

How many people will you condemn to death through politcially beneficial economic shutdown and physical/mental isolation? 100? 200? More?
Zero, because people aren't dying due to those things in Australia any more than they were before the border closures. If you're suggesting otherwise, prove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia is a net exporter of tourism dollars. Keeping international borders closed to leisure travellers will do our economy little harm, and might even give it a boost.
At a national level. But for certain communities reliant on international or southern tourists it will be a complete wipe out. Kind of like when a mining town loses the mine.

Australia is a net exporter of tourism dollars. Keeping international borders closed to leisure travellers will do our economy little harm, and might even give it a boost.

You can't fly to Adelaide or Darwin and jump on The Ghan. You can't fly to Sydney or Adelaide and jump on the Indian Pacific to Perth.

You can't fly to the Gold Coast or Cairns from another state.

You can't fly to Broome or the Kimberleys from another state and drop $20k on a Kimberley Cruise.

You can't hook up a caravan or camper trailer and head off to another state.

You can't jump on The Spirit of Tasmania.

How mush is it costing having all the tourism and hospitality on Jobkeeper?

You can't fly to Adelaide or Darwin and jump on The Ghan. You can't fly to Sydney or Adelaide and jump on the Indian Pacific to Perth.

You can't fly to the Gold Coast or Cairns from another state.

You can't fly to Broome or the Kimberleys from another state and drop $20k on a Kimberley Cruise.

You can't hook up a caravan or camper trailer and head off to another state.

You can't jump on The Spirit of Tasmania.

How mush is it costing having all the tourism and hospitality on Jobkeeper?
Agree the internal border closures are a problem, at least for smaller states, but I was specifically referring to international tourism.

In NSW tourism is going gangbusters, especially in regional areas. Once things open up a bit internally we will have plenty of domestic travel - international visitors may not even be missed.

Back