Game Day 2020 R1, Port v. GC Suns, @Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
GC parked their entire team in our 50. That was difference.

Someone was trying not to lose and it wasn't us.

True, but we did not make the most of our opportunities either. Missed some gettable goals which is an old story for us.

One good thing about young Georgiades is that he looks to be a reasonably straight kick.

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sack Hinkley
I think you are way too hard on Ken...
I know we have not performed to our liking after 2014, but there has been some terrible luck involved as well, he was instrumental in getting our club off the canvas in 2013...
You say sack Ken..who would you realistically replace him with from the coaches that are available?

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know we have not performed to our liking after 2014, but there has been some terrible luck involved as well, he was instrumental in getting our club off the canvas in 2013...
You say sack Ken..who would you realistically replace him with from the coaches that are available?
I'm not sure selling the farm for Ryder, Dixon and unnecessarily using up list positions for Watts, Motlop and Rockliff when we were completely incapable of turning the list into final appearances was unlucky.

The fall out to that has been tipping Wingard, Polec, Howard etc out of the club when they were heading into their playing prime.

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure selling the farm for Ryder, Dixon and unnecessarily using up list positions for Watts, Motlop and Rockliff when we were completely incapable of turning the list into final appearances was unlucky.

Ok..so while Ken would’ve had some input on these decisions I’m pretty sure that comes into the hands if the recruitment team..the same blokes that recruited Rozee Butters Duursma Geordiges...If Clarko was available that’s a different story...but he’s not...I just can’t see a replacement out there that would be suitable..

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok..so while Ken would’ve had some input on these decisions I’m pretty sure that comes into the hands if the recruitment team..the same blokes that recruited Rozee Butters Duursma Geordiges...If Clarko was available that’s a different story...but he’s not...I just can’t see a replacement out there that would be suitable..
It does, but when multiple players you've coached in the past suddenly end up on your list as some of the highest paid players at your club, that's an executive decision by the coach.

The recruiters have clearly informed the coaches that the playing list isn't working and they needed to nuke the list in an attempt to fast track a new crop of players through the club.

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It does, but when multiple players you've coached in the past suddenly end up on your list as some of the highest paid players at your club, that's an executive decision by the coach.

The recruiters have clearly informed the coaches that the playing list isn't working and they needed to nuke the list in an attempt to fast track a new crop of players through the club.

If you sacked Ken tomorrow who would you replace him with?

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
🤨...Schofield is great, but it’s a big step up from coaching in the WAFL, I say stick with Ken we will reap rewards..the same blokes calling for Kens head were probably the same calling for Chocos nuts on a platter..chocos List was much more skill full than the one Ken has had at his disposal
We've had Hinkley since the end of 2012. How many years of harvest can you afford to sit through with 0 yield.

Last edited:

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
forget the score etc etc, what impressed me most is that i can actually see a genuine 'hard' team. Remember when we use to play Sydney when they were a genuine hard team and we always got beaten by them because we were a bunch of soft pussies and only liked downhill skiing, and as soon as it got a bit tough we just went to water. Well now im seeing that hardness in us, i see players who dont let the oppo get 1 easy possession, i see players who are running both ways, i see players crashing packs. We dont know how far the talent will take us but if we can keep up the hardness it will take us a long way. We will really know were we are after we play some decent oppo, and the Crows werent too bad yesterday considering where there team is at, we shoudl take care of them on the day but we just might go back to the 'good old Ken' version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Caracella.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oops. Monty or Schoey as well.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well Mark Thomson had 7yrs before it all clicked for Geelong and was also inconsistent along the way....I can see improvements we are becoming a stronger unit...I bet if you asked a Geelong supporter they would advise us to stick the course...and as far as that little weed Caracalla coaching our club..cmon please

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
.and as far as that little weed Caracalla coaching our club..cmon please
You mean the guy that was basically listed as instrumental in helping turn Richmond from basketcase in 2016 to Premier in 2017? That "little weed".

And you think that people are too harsh on "No Success" Hinkley?

Back