2020 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead of clogging up regular chats with team posts. Thought we should create a section where we purely post teams and help each other out!

Will post my team to start.
View attachment 814058
I like. Few unique premo's in Merrett and Zorko - I have a slight worry that he will spend more time forward this season with the acquisition of CEY. Paid up for rookies on every line which is looking like what we are all going to have to do this year. I like the Lycett pick

Instead of clogging up regular chats with team posts. Thought we should create a section where we purely post teams and help each other out!

View attachment 814058
Fan of this, comments are - Lycett isn't on my radar but i can see why he may and I'm not a dusty or laird fan this season

Current team. Pile of assholes. Definitely not happy with it. Big work in progress

View attachment 814077
Unique midfield, backline alsmot identical to my current draft. Not sure Cal Ward is worth it for mine. He's an issue i've been trying to conceptualise all season. Struggling to lock down some sort of concept of value of keeper vs midpricer using a sort of 'average trade value' you need to have your side valued as high as the champions do each year. While i haven't managed to get my head around it all yet, the taste on the tip of my tongue with Ward is that he just doesnt cut it

In that the cash he will make doesn't justify the position and his output, which may be 10-25 higher than say Rowell / Anderson but he will make 250k less cash.

As i said, still trying to figure it out. Once i do, he may be a lock in my team or have a line through him for me.

Unique midfield, backline alsmot identical to my current draft. Not sure Cal Ward is worth it for mine. He's an issue i've been trying to conceptualise all season. Struggling to lock down some sort of concept of value of keeper vs midpricer using a sort of 'average trade value' you need to have your side valued as high as the champions do each year. While i haven't managed to get my head around it all yet, the taste on the tip of my tongue with Ward is that he just doesnt cut it

In that the cash he will make doesn't justify the position and his output, which may be 10-25 higher than say Rowell / Anderson but he will make 250k less cash.

As i said, still trying to figure it out. Once i do, he may be a lock in my team or have a line through him for me.
Reasons for mids:
Dunkley is obvious
M Crouch I see as slightly under priced. Has an injury affected game and didn't come back from that injury as well as he started the year. Sloane always the first one tagged these days and I would say Laird/B Crouch is next in line, even Smith if his form continues on the wing
Oliver still only 22 and has been the most durable top echelon mid over the last 2-3 years
Titchell is obvious

Ward is also iffy for me. Initially when I had less expensive rookies, Titchell was in his place and I had a mixture of Cogs/Telly/Cripps. Would prefer that but strapped for cash. The one thing I will say with Ward, is that he should make some quick coin and it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to a fallen premium within the first 6 or so rounds

Reasons for mids:
Dunkley is obvious
M Crouch I see as slightly under priced. Has an injury affected game and didn't come back from that injury as well as he started the year. Sloane always the first one tagged these days and I would say Laird/B Crouch is next in line, even Smith if his form continues on the wing
Oliver still only 22 and has been the most durable top echelon mid over the last 2-3 years
Titchell is obvious

Ward is also iffy for me. Initially when I had less expensive rookies, Titchell was in his place and I had a mixture of Cogs/Telly/Cripps. Would prefer that but strapped for cash. The one thing I will say with Ward, is that he should make some quick coin and it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to a fallen premium within the first 6 or so rounds
Yeah I liked the midfield, liked its uniqueness too.

Yeah Ward is a tough one.

I have read somewhere that Ward might not be ready to go until round 3 or so....

Leaning towards going full midprice which i have always strayed from. Can't screenshot

Lloyd - Sicily - Houston - Docherty - Roberton - Young (Thompson - Starcevich)

Macrae - Bontempelli - Coniglio - Mitchell - Rowell - Anderson - Mcginness - Pickett (Bytel - McHenry)

Grundy - NicNat (Cameron)

Whitfield - Dusty - Brayshaw - Acres - Bonar - Rankine (King - Sturt) (Smith)

Leaning towards going full midprice which i have always strayed from. Can't screenshot

Lloyd - Sicily - Houston - Docherty - Roberton - Young (Thompson - Starcevich)

Macrae - Bontempelli - Coniglio - Mitchell - Rowell - Anderson - Mcginness - Pickett (Bytel - McHenry)

Grundy - NicNat (Cameron)

Whitfield - Dusty - Brayshaw - Acres - Bonar - Rankine (King - Sturt) (Smith)
I actually really like that side. Limiting the amount of rookies on field which is theoretically safer from the get go. Might miss that fire power early on with less premium mids than most. And a lot harder to upgrade to top tier mids as opposed to other positions so might take your time getting there. But still rock solid side. If the majority of your speculative picks come off then you’re laughing

I've gone a little mad and have basically created a team to generate cash, fair few injury prone blokes. Not many premos but those that are there should stay most the season, my rookies should all start and play consistently (scoring may be a problem).

Also can't screenshot atm.

Houston - Doc - S Hill
Roberton - Young - Mcasey
(Rivers and Thompson)

Oliver - Bont - Cogs - Cripps
Titch - Selwood - Rowell - Stephens
(Starcevich and Pickett)

Grundy - ROB
(Naismith)

Whitfield - Brayshaw - Bonar
Cockatoo - K Pickett - Rankine
(Townsend and M King)

Got T De Koning in the utility spot at the moment and $70k in the bank that I'd probably spend on moving from Cogs to a Gaff type.

View attachment 814058

Just a thought, I had Zerrett but there is a lack of mid premo's in rd12 to upgrade to in rd13, so I decided he is an upgrade target

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone a little mad and have basically created a team to generate cash, fair few injury prone blokes. Not many premos but those that are there should stay most the season, my rookies should all start and play consistently (scoring may be a problem).

Also can't screenshot atm.

Houston - Doc - S Hill
Roberton - Young - Mcasey
(Rivers and Thompson)

Oliver - Bont - Cogs - Cripps
Titch - Selwood - Rowell - Stephens
(Starcevich and Pickett)

Grundy - ROB
(Naismith)

Whitfield - Brayshaw - Bonar
Cockatoo - K Pickett - Rankine
(Townsend and M King)

Got T De Koning in the utility spot at the moment and $70k in the bank that I'd probably spend on moving from Cogs to a Gaff type.
The bolded are a no from me dawg.

The bolded are a no from me dawg.
I feel more comfortable with selwood over Ward, weighed up Wingard but I think Selwood will do better. I'm really just hoping Constable will be named come round 1.

I'm a freo supporter and have a soft spot for Hilly, I don't see anyone else around that 430k range that has the potential to generate cash like he does. He's been doing well in training and looks like he'll be distributing it off half back with stints on the wing if he stays fit, he's on Marsh watch at this stage.

And yeah not sold on Bonar but again he's a likely starter and there's potential to generate cash, can downgrade to a rookie if one pops up over the Marsh series.

Lycett seems to be a popular POD R2. Those picking him not concerned about his first 5 opponents? Witts, ROB, Goldy, Nic Nat, Grundy seems like a tough opening.
Witts injured, May not get up for R1. ROB is still a very young ruck. Nic Nat will probably only play 60% game time so shouldn’t be a problem there. The other two I agree but don’t think it’s completely daunting now that Ryder is gone

First attempt at a team.

DEF - Docherty, Crisp, Houston, Roberton, Young, Ash (Rivers/McLennan)

MID - Macrae, Mitchell, Coniglio, Fyfe, Selwood, Rowell, Pickett, Anderson (Starcevich/McHenry)

RUCK - Grundy, NicNat (Cameron)

FWD - Whitfield, Martin, Smith, Townsend, Henry, Rankine (Cockatoo, King)

UTL - Bytel

Obviously a lot of work to do but interested in first thoughts?

You need more rookies. They're very important for cash generation! You need this to get a full team of premos. Replace Bonar, Townsend, Birchall and one of Roberton/Milera for rookies. Love Birch, but he's too risky to select in Fantasy, very likely to get injured and then you're just wasting a trade.

I'd use the spare cash to bump Ah Chee up to a premo and one of NicNat/Jacobs to Grundy. Grundy is a set and forget player and a great choice for Captain week in-week out. If you're short on cash, maybe drop Ah Chee to a rookie. I don't think he really has any value at that price, a cheaper rookie is likely to score around the same and will make more money for you.

Rest looks good.

Playing with something different and going light on in the backs (might have to change rookies around a little) But allows me to throw a bit of extra strength in the middle and front. Let me know what you think:

Back: Houston, Clark, Doc, Roberton, Gould, Starcevich (Ling, Goddard)
Mid: Cogs, Oliver, Cripps, Ross, Mitchell, Rowell, Robertson, Picket (T.Brown, McHenry)
Ruc: Grundy, ROB (Cameron)
FWD: Whitfield, Dusty, Dawson, Brayshaw, Townsend, Bergman (Rankin, King)
UTE: Valente

First attempt at a team.

DEF - Docherty, Crisp, Houston, Roberton, Young, Ash (Rivers/McLennan)

MID - Macrae, Mitchell, Coniglio, Fyfe, Selwood, Rowell, Pickett, Anderson (Starcevich/McHenry)

RUCK - Grundy, NicNat (Cameron)

FWD - Whitfield, Martin, Smith, Townsend, Henry, Rankine (Cockatoo, King)

UTL - Bytel

Obviously a lot of work to do but interested in first thoughts?
I like the team and the way you have structured it. But I personally wouldn't go near Selwood, he's done, I understand that you've gone for a mid pricer but he's not going to make any cash, he's not a keeper and you're better off with a rookie or downgrading somewhere else and getting a season long keeper. JMO of course.

Playing with something different and going light on in the backs (might have to change rookies around a little) But allows me to throw a bit of extra strength in the middle and front. Let me know what you think:

Back: Houston, Clark, Doc, Roberton, Gould, Starcevich (Ling, Goddard)
Mid: Cogs, Oliver, Cripps, Ross, Mitchell, Rowell, Robertson, Picket (T.Brown, McHenry)
Ruc: Grundy, ROB (Cameron)
FWD: Whitfield, Dusty, Dawson, Brayshaw, Townsend, Bergman (Rankin, King)
UTE: Valente
You must have a shipload of cash leftover?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back