2020 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

No room for Titch?
With word Callan Ward may not be ready to go for round 1 i traded Whitfield -> Dev Smith & Ward > Titch. Had to drop Starcevich for a cheaper rookie as well in order to have the cash. Content with my team now

View attachment 823012

Going full guns and rookies again. Should I go with Guns and Rookies or Mid-price madness? Thoughts
I'll be shocked if we get three defender rookies and two 170k forwards worth fielding named in round 1. So I don't think this is a realistic outlook unless a bunch of rookies unexpectedly smash it out of the park in practice games.

I have Ash, Naismith and Anderson on the bench currently so I'm taking the complete opposite approach really with rookies.

Stock Standard GNR approach, batting deep in the mids. If Whit and Laird hold there value you'll be right in the mix.
You'll need a plan if the cheapo rookies don't get named. your username is a shocker! but who am i to talk? :handfist: G/L.
Haha yeh I've basically accepted that my team will suffer once the round 1 rookies are named and I have to start dropping premos to field a side

Hi all. First attempt of the year at a team. Tried to go with a Guns 'n' Rooks for the most part (except for in defence, where I have tried for more value). It probably is a mistake starting without Jake Lloyd, but I'm just not super sold on him yet. Any suggestions/criticisms are completely welcomed. Cheers

Edit: Just realised no titch. Wow. Swapped Ross for Titch

Team 1.png

Last edited:
Hi all. First attempt of the year at a team. Tried to go with a Guns 'n' Rooks for the most part (except for in defence, where I have tried for more value). It probably is a mistake starting without Jake Lloyd, but I'm just not super sold on him yet. Any suggestions/criticisms are completely welcomed. Cheers

View attachment 824421
Ward isnt playing round 1 so plan to swap him out.

View attachment 824421
I liked this team until I got to Ward as he misses first month. It then goes all the way down hill once you hit that forward line. There's almost no chance you can roll with 3 x 170k rookies in your forwards. Job security being one of the issues, but the main reason is that your scoring is sure to suffer. Forward rookies are arguably the worst scorers in AFL fantasy

View attachment 824421
Witherden down to Young, us the extra cash to fix up Ward and your forward rookies. Probably need to grab Chayce Jones, Townsend and Brander maybe?

My team at mo, haven't moved it since I cleared it and started again.

I've loaded up on the high priced rookies, I don't expect all of them to play and hoping that a few cheaper options become available, letting me then add a midpricer or two.

I've tried to go for value wherever I can, hence no Whitfield or Lloyd. A lot of the premos have fairly low ownership but I haven't chased that for the sake of it.

Trying to go for more durable players this year, but I do have 4 players returning from LTI's so I'm going to watch them very carefully.

Happy to hear your thoughts, be they good, bad, indifferent or downright rude.

fantasy20.1.GIF fantasy20.2.GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team at mo, haven't moved it since I cleared it and started again.

I've loaded up on the high priced rookies, I don't expect all of them to play and hoping that a few cheaper options become available, letting me then add a midpricer or two.

I've tried to go for value wherever I can, hence no Whitfield or Lloyd. A lot of the premos have fairly low ownership but I haven't chased that for the sake of it.

Trying to go for more durable players this year, but I do have 4 players returning from LTI's so I'm going to watch them very carefully.

Happy to hear your thoughts, be they good, bad, indifferent or downright rude.

View attachment 824777View attachment 824778
Good team and different to a lot around here. Few things:

I like the Smith pick. Am trying to fit him in myself currently but not quite able to. S Hill I won't be touching but I see the merit in the pick.

Love that midfield. Rock solid and durability clearly important here. Lyons pick could be a great one if he continues where he left off.

Rucks big tick obviously.

Question re: Lynch. I have him in supercoach due to the ease of fixture to begin with and the fact all the games are at the G basically. My query with him, is if he is suited to fantasy or not? Reason I ask, is that he kicked some bags last year but still couldn't crack the ton on numerous occasions. Wondering what you see in him to have selected him. Or are you using him as a stepping stone to a fallen premium around the byes?

Also hearing a lot of noise on the Kangas board in regards to Mahony getting a potential gig in round 1

My current team. Pretty set on this version before the Marsh games.

Paid up for on field rooks.
Paid up for the big dogs in the mid.
Decided to go without Whitfield.

My concerns:

- Still undecided between Sicily Vs. B.Smith (wait and see on roles)
- Not entirely sold on English. Recently dropped ROB to juice up the rookies
- Dusty? Slow start to the season last year. Bound to drop in price at some point but guaranteed top 6 forward (same could be said about Whitfield though). Not sold on any other forwards until I see them in action.

Thoughts and criticism welcome.

3A0510B8-546E-4A68-9CE3-A25D58962D44.jpeg 14A256E8-E6F0-447A-87C7-075BF9580446.jpeg D453BA3B-6575-41EB-A975-D7A399D920D6.jpeg

My current team. Pretty set on this version before the Marsh games.

Paid up for on field rooks.
Paid up for the big dogs in the mid.
Decided to go without Whitfield.

My concerns:

- Still undecided between Sicily Vs. B.Smith (wait and see on roles)
- Not entirely sold on English. Recently dropped ROB to juice up the rookies
- Dusty? Slow start to the season last year. Bound to drop in price at some point but guaranteed top 6 forward (same could be said about Whitfield though). Not sold on any other forwards until I see them in action.

Thoughts and criticism welcome.

View attachment 824854View attachment 824855View attachment 824856
Interesting choice for the utility.

The rest looks good, and I don't mind the option of not going with Whitfield, as long as you have a plan to get him in soon

Good team and different to a lot around here. Few things:

I like the Smith pick. Am trying to fit him in myself currently but not quite able to. S Hill I won't be touching but I see the merit in the pick.

Love that midfield. Rock solid and durability clearly important here. Lyons pick could be a great one if he continues where he left off.

Rucks big tick obviously.

Question re: Lynch. I have him in supercoach due to the ease of fixture to begin with and the fact all the games are at the G basically. My query with him, is if he is suited to fantasy or not? Reason I ask, is that he kicked some bags last year but still couldn't crack the ton on numerous occasions. Wondering what you see in him to have selected him. Or are you using him as a stepping stone to a fallen premium around the byes?

Also hearing a lot of noise on the Kangas board in regards to Mahony getting a potential gig in round 1
That's a good point that you've raised re Lynch, I'm working away at the SC team and it's looking like he slots in an F3.

I just had a look at his Fantasy scoring, you"re correct, it's shite. I do get a little confused running the two teams so the heads up is appreciated

That's a good point that you've raised re Lynch, I'm working away at the SC team and it's looking like he slots in an F3.

I just had a look at his Fantasy scoring, you"re correct, it's shite. I do get a little confused running the two teams so the heads up is appreciated
He could score better now considering he has a preseason behind him. Riewoldt could be the stay at home forward allowing him to roam though. That's why I asked the question. Merit in the selection if he is able to get up the ground. Although still probably dicey

He could score better now considering he has a preseason behind him. Riewoldt could be the stay at home forward allowing him to roam though. That's why I asked the question. Merit in the selection if he is able to get up the ground. Although still probably dicey
That's why you and I have him in SC.

ver1.PNG

Thoughts? Going a few more value picks this year with the exception of a few... Still 197k in the bank. Ready to make some changes after the Marsh series.

Looking to go into round 1 with a little bit of cash to make adjustments as necessary.

Cheers!

View attachment 825286

Thoughts? Going a few more value picks this year with the exception of a few... Still 197k in the bank. Ready to make some changes after the Marsh series.

Looking to go into round 1 with a little bit of cash to make adjustments as necessary.

Cheers!
I like the Murphy pick.

Just keep an eye on Selwood's PS, he may not play any game.
Greene - quite highly priced if he doesn't play midfield minutes
Nice cash in the bank - can you upgrade Selwood to another mid with some value (e.g. Oliver, Worp, Ross)

I like the Murphy pick.

Just keep an eye on Selwood's PS, he may not play any game.
Greene - quite highly priced if he doesn't play midfield minutes
Nice cash in the bank - can you upgrade Selwood to another mid with some value (e.g. Oliver, Worp, Ross)

I will be keeping an eye on Selwood, juicy for his price. I am wary though. Oliver would be the one I would reach for as I like his durability.

Greene is a funny one and you're right he is a risk if he doesn't play midfield time. Maybe this pick was with my heart rather than my head. If he fires he is a great scorer.

Thanks for the input Thetrader15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back