Draft Review 2020 - Revisit the 2020 AFL Draft

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Durdin also rocketing here

Needs to do it in the H and A season, but he was my preseason tip to be our bolter this season.

Just Has a lot of footy smarts and will become a fan favourite at Carlton in the future.

Crows were planning to take him with the next pick in the draft after ours when he picked him up :)

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Based on a practice match? Currently averages 4 disposals a game.
He played in 2 dead rubbers at the end of the season, playing as a small forward in a trainwreck team.

Has looked electric over the pre-season and added another dynamic to the forwardline. Very smart one touch footballer.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He played in 2 dead rubbers at the end of the season, playing as a small forward in a trainwreck team.

Has looked electric over the pre-season and added another dynamic to the forwardline. Very smart one touch footballer.
Liam Anthony looked like Scott Pendlebury in the pre-season. Rocketing up this list after 1 ok practice match is way over the top.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Liam Anthony looked like Scott Pendlebury in the pre-season. Rocketing up this list after 1 ok practice match is way over the top.
Anyone could see Liam Anthony was a low ceiling accumulator in the Bradd Dalziell/Kyl Horsley mould. He never looked like Pendlebury to opposition supporters.

Durdin can really play.

Having Archie Perkins in the top 3 right now. Been the one bright spot for a disappointing start to the season for the Dons.

Yeah the kid's a stud. Went under the radar a bit last year with the hype around Cox but looks to have taken another step over the pre-season and the results over the practice games and the first couple of games have been fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of games that show superstar potential throughout the year (25+ disposal, 2/3 goal games).

I'd definitely have Perkins as the pick of our 2020 litter at this point.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Yeah the kid's a stud. Went under the radar a bit last year with the hype around Cox but looks to have taken another step over the pre-season and the results over the practice games and the first couple of games have been fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of games that show superstar potential throughout the year (25+ disposal, 2/3 goal games).

I'd definitely have Perkins as the pick of our 2020 litter at this point.

This point will never be disputed.

Interesting draft at the moment. The top 5, being so KPF dominated is a slow burn with the 3 big boys showing glimpses but nothing concrete yet.

There is talent all through the rounds but unless all of the top 5 KPFs come on, I don't think it's going to be a draft that is looked back on as one for record books.

Freo very happy with Walker, O'Driscoll and especially Chapman who could be something special.

For mine, top 5 (in no order) currently Perkins, Chapman, Gulden, Cox and Bowey. I expect JUH, DGB, Thilthorpe and McDonald to build over the next two years.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting draft at the moment. The top 5, being so KPF dominated is a slow burn with the 3 big boys showing glimpses but nothing concrete yet.

There is talent all through the rounds but unless all of the top 5 KPFs come on, I don't think it's going to be a draft that is looked back on as one for record books.

Freo very happy with Walker, O'Driscoll and especially Chapman who could be something special.

For mine, top 5 (in no order) currently Perkins, Chapman, Gulden, Cox and Bowey. I expect JUH, DGB, Thilthorpe and McDonald to build over the next two years.

Cox hasn’t really been good since the first half of 2021.

He has plenty of talent and I expect at worst he ends up a very good backman but right now I’m not sure he’s a positive AFL player.

He has plenty of talent and I expect at worst he ends up a very good backman but right now I’m not sure he’s a positive AFL player.

You're not redrafting based on the now, though. He's shown that he likely be a very good/elite player with expected development.

I think he's shown enough talent to write-off to 2nd year blues as it stands. How's Reid going?

I hope Chapman backs up his last two weeks against your mob and Carlton to keep the hype train going and gets a little more interest from over East. He's got 12 coaches votes so far this year and the last kid we were this excited about was Fyfe.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I think he's shown enough talent to write-off to 2nd year blues as it stands. How's Reid going?

I hope Chapman backs up his last two weeks against your mob and Carlton to keep the hype train going and gets a little more interest from over East. He's got 12 coaches votes so far this year and the last kid we were this excited about was Fyfe.

Reid got through half a VFL game on the weekend. Fingers crossed he gets a clean run at it for the rest of the year.

Looked very comfortable down back in the 2nds last year but that was so long ago it’s hard to know what to expect.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Honestly I think the commentators just hyped him up way too much. In reality, he was always going to take a while before really breaking out - I'd be pretty confident he becomes a good player in time

Honestly I think the commentators just hyped him up way too much. In reality, he was always going to take a while before really breaking out - I'd be pretty confident he becomes a good player in time
Biggest issue is we're playing him on a wing which just isn't his position.

He'll probably end up a dominate CHB/FB.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Definitely should make it at AFL level and have a long career but doesn’t mean his form on the wing hasn’t been poor for a while.

I reckon if he was playing as a 3rd tall defender he’d be much more consistent and already be a quality player but I understand the club wanting to explore the possibility of him as a mid/fwd first given how much more valuable those players are.

Back