Position 2020 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, I agree with the sentiment, but not the formula.

Your formula dictates that Doedee would need to average 95 and Roberton 90. They won't.

"Would need to"

Why would they need to?

You are picking West as a cash cow only given he is in the midfield, there is zero chance that he goes on to be a keeper.

I'm not picking Roberton / Doedee to make 200k - the only reason you'd pick West

Personally, I would be picking Doedee / Roberton for some decent defence points with the hope that 1 of them could be a cut price D6 keeper if required and you could get 150+k from both of them if you end up trading them out. If I got 170 points per week from both of them combined I'd be very happy.

I'm not expecting the same thing from every player I pick. Bit of a basic approach considering differences in point scoring, prices and value across different lines.

Couple of Carlton ones to keep an eye on that are training well

Matthew Cottrell (Def)
Sam Ramsey (Mid)

Marc Pittonet looks a real ruck option if Kruezer misses
Barring set backs Docherty will play Round One
Brodie Kemp won't play before June at the earliest
Good to see you back, Soap.

Not a rookie, although priced almost as such. Thoughts on Bonar? GWS clearly traded him in for a reason.
Then they traded him out to North.:think:

But yeah, def a PS watch.

Not a rookie, although priced almost as such. Thoughts on Bonar? GWS clearly traded him in for a reason.

Seems too risky to me; unproven form but also won't be guaranteed games the way Rowell is for only about $5k more. Don't think you can start both as there's likely a lot of rookies with similar potential and job security for about $50k less than Bonar.

For > $200k I'd want him to be playing every single week regardless of form, and I don't believe Bonar will.

Starcevich has to be seeing game time this year surely. Was a fan in his draft year.

Hardly set the world on fire in his 5 games over the past 2 seasons, but the lions are playing him in the back-line rather than the mid, so at least he's got DEF/MID status.

147K puts him in consideration if he plays nab.
dont see him playing, i could be wrong but feel others are in line before him honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it. Will play forward if at all
I'm expecting Stengle & Murphy to play as small fwds .....Murphy is getting better each season

Nicks wants more speed and run into a midfield that lacks precision kicking & legspeed .....McHenry, Jones, and Milera come into play .....Milera looking midfield by the Coaches own words

I'm expecting Stengle & Murphy to play as small fwds .....Murphy is getting better each season

Nicks wants more speed and run into a midfield that lacks precision kicking & legspeed .....McHenry, Jones, and Milera come into play .....Milera looking midfield by the Coaches own words
Agree with the later two. Would Mean a big change in approach. You never know i guess.

Agree with the later two. Would Mean a big change in approach. You never know i guess.
Can't go with what we've been doing .....the midfield has been the Crows archilles heel since the disaster of 2017 ......can't kick, can't pressure opposition ....too many mids all the same height

I'm expecting Nicks to, yes indeed, have some big changes ......put his own imprint on the side .....that's why I'm a little nervous from a SC perspective .....same with Freo, maybe even more

giphy.gif

Hey, I was meaning to ask you about McAdam. Any word on him?
Very quiet goss on him ......is a huge talent, loves a hanger ..and is quick for a 181cm

2017 McAdam was playing amateur footy, then a season at Sturt ....so his fitness levels were poor & got injured a few times trying to get up to AFL fitness in 2019 .....looks like he's having an uninterrupted PS , so fingers crossed

Very quiet goss on him ......is a huge talent, loves a hanger ..and is quick for a 181cm

2017 McAdam was playing amateur footy, then a season at Sturt ....so his fitness levels were poor & got injured a few times trying to get up to AFL fitness in 2019 .....looks like he's having an uninterrupted PS , so fingers crossed
Cheers Wayneo.

1B8D15A9-7D1F-47E6-8F3F-2984A48B37A0.gif

Who will step up to fill the void at your club?

NED McHENRY
Replacing:
Eddie Betts (21 games in 2019)
Other contenders: Tyson Stengle, Shane McAdam, Ben Crocker

Already a standout this summer after much of his first season at West Lakes was ruined by a back injury. The Crows will be desperate to blood young talent in 2020 and bringing in McHenry (178cm) as a small forward will be the first step before his graduation higher up the ground. He showed his talent with a four-goal performance in the Crows' semi-final win in the SANFL. Stengle proved Betts' replacement when dropped in round 19 last year but the former Tiger played just two games and needs to hit the scoreboard more

BRANDON STARCEVICH
Replacing:
Luke Hodge (22 games in 2019)
Other contenders: Callum Ah Chee, Grant Birchall, Mitch Hinge

The 2017 first-round draftee is due a change of luck after an injury-riddled opening two seasons netted only five senior games. Originally touted as a midfielder, the 20-year-old is now training with the defenders and is eyeing a senior role after a strong end to the 2019 NEAFL season. Will be in a fight against Ah Chee who was recruited to play a role in defence, with Birchall on a modified program through pre-season.

BRETT BEWLEY
Replacing:
Ed Langdon/Bradley Hill (22 games each in 2019)
Other contenders: Blake Acres, Darcy Tucker, Liam Henry, Adam Cerra

Has already received a glowing endorsement from captain Nat Fyfe after winning the 2km time trial upon return to training in November. With both wing roles now open, the mature-aged midfielder appears to have the inside running on one with his raking left boot and elite endurance seen as his major assets. The 24-year-old featured in a variety of roles in his seven matches during his debut season and will be out to impress during the Marsh Community Series to confirm his spot. Cerra and Tucker could make the move from midfielder/half-back to the wing if required.

PATRICK NAISH
Replacing:
Brandon Ellis (23 games in 2019)
Other contenders: Kamdyn McIntosh, Oleg Markov, Marlion Pickett

Took the VFL by storm in the first half of 2019 which forced a senior debut and a subsequent match across rounds 12-13. Naish's outside speed and run and carry will be suited to the role vacated by Ellis, but the son of former Tiger Chris will need greater consistency after a quiet VFL finals series where he averaged 13 disposals. Pickett will need a spot after his sizzling AFL Grand Final, while McIntosh has proven he's up to the level when given the opportunity. Markov's athleticism is another one to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back