Position 2020 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the 2020 must have rookies?

Tom Green, Marlion Pickett & Rankine will be popular at 123k in the mids & fwds.

Who are the Def rookies to keep an eye on?
Green is 166k

Is Rowell a must have?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Does Green actually get a game?

Ward, Coniglio, Kelly, Taranto, Hopper, Whitfield, Williams, Greene are all going to play midfield ahead of him I'd think.

Think Rowell could be a Sam Walsh type, likely to play most weeks for GCS and has great underage numbers. Expensive but a set and forget rookie that plays every week is well worth it.

Mitch Hibberd for Essendon is a good chance of games, we don't really have anyone other than Dylan Clarke who is that kind of player.

Devon Robertson also a good chance you'd think, Brisbane traded up for him and by all accounts he's Joel Selwood 2.0.

One or two of the Fremantle trio of Young, Henry or Serong surely gets games.

Flanders for GCS perhaps?

Don't think Green will get games early. Not with a fully fit midfield group.

Ward really the only one who won't have a full pre-season.
Agreed, and not to say he can't, but he also has to get in front of Caldwell, Hately and XO

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Finn Maginness has completed every session in pre-season so far and is priced at 117k. I fully expect him to get games.

Could / would he play as a forward? Not sure where he fits in the midfield if Wingard continues playing through there in addition to Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel and Shiels? Doubt he pushes Scully or Smith off a wing either.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Who are the 2020 must have rookies?

Tom Green, Marlion Pickett & Rankine will be popular at 123k in the mids & fwds.

Who are the Def rookies to keep an eye on?
Stephen Hill , although not a rookie .... as a $190k DEF is a must , if he’s injury free ????????

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Who are the Mature Aged rookies from this years crop that will play early, aside from Marlion?
Putting this out there early so stevebbb doesn't accuse us WC kents of hiding rookies again.

Treacy from WC could be a Rioli replacement, 23 year old who was on the Swans list...

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rankine
M.King
are my certainties

I meant actual over 21 physically mature aged, experienced campaigners that are rookie priced. Not over aged rookies. Your Wilkie, Stewart, Ryan, Hore, TKelly, Holman, Pods, Duigan, Barlow types. The only one's can think of is Marlion, Tom Williamson & Brad Hill but they've already played at AFL level so people should already know what they bring. Do any of the 2019 draftees from the nab & rookie drafts that were recruited to fill a particular list hole & they're ready to lock down a spot in their sides best 22?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I meant actual over 21 physically mature aged, experienced campaigners that are rookie priced. Not over aged rookies. Your Wilkie, Stewart, Ryan, Hore, TKelly, Holman, Pods, Duigan, Barlow types. The only one's can think of is Marlion, Tom Williamson & Brad Hill but they've already played at AFL level so people should already know what they bring. Do any of the 2019 draftees from the nab & rookie drafts that were recruited to fill a particular list hole & they're ready to lock down a spot in their sides best 22?

Mitch Hibberd springs to mind, we played David Myers or Dylan Clarke most of the year and he's an upgrade on both I'd say. He's a contested inside clearance player that likes to tackle, exactly what Essendon players don't do.

If he starts R1 he's a good chance of holding his spot for a while, and was never played as an inside mid when he was at North so previous form doesn't hold.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mitch Hibberd springs to mind, we played David Myers or Dylan Clarke most of the year and he's an upgrade on both I'd say. He's a contested inside clearance player that likes to tackle, exactly what Essendon players don't do.

If he starts R1 he's a good chance of holding his spot for a while, and was never played as an inside mid when he was at North so previous form doesn't hold.

Excellent. Thanks Owen.

Feb 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who are the Mature Aged rookies from this years crop that will play early, aside from Marlion?
Lachie Hosie 123k Forward from North Melbourne

Played in the SANFL last year before he was picked up in the mid-season draft. He averaged 85 odd playing as a tallish forward (189 cm) could easily slot into a mediocre kangaroos forward line - depending on how he tracks through the summer. Plentyyyyyy of potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back