Position 2020 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Substantial difference in pedigree with that player comparison.
Fair point. I'd forgotten King was a #4 draft pick.

Still a KP wookie.
Corbett type from last year is what I'm seeing .
Well there are certainly similarities. Both tall, marking forwards who played for Werribee and won the Fothergill Medal and both debuting at about the same time of year. Going purely by highlights the main difference between them is that Corbett seemed to rely mainly on pack marking while Riccardi seems more agile and more a leading type. Probably not a great choice, but we're a bit hard up for forward rookies to downgrade to. Well soon see.

Very impressed with Riccardi. Looked like he belonged at the level to me. Despite 90% TOG, he ran the game out very well.

10 marks & 2 goals, so a bit stiff to only score 82... mainly due to some nervous early clangers.

Only concern is that GWS seemed to want to make a point by dropping Finlayson. If/When he's recalled, can they play Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson & Riccardi in the same forward line? They're all fairly mobile, so it's possible. But it might be a week to week proposition.

Very impressed with Riccardi. Looked like he belonged at the level to me. Despite 90% TOG, he ran the game out very well.

10 marks & 2 goals, so a bit stiff to only score 82... mainly due to some nervous early clangers.

Only concern is that GWS seemed to want to make a point by dropping Finlayson. If/When he's recalled, can they play Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson & Riccardi in the same forward line? They're all fairly mobile, so it's possible. But it might be a week to week proposition.
Riccardi looked better than all 3 of them. 1st game against the Eagles in Perth, great effort by the kid.

I'm just trying to work out how he went at pick 51 and the Pies didn't go for him. Literally exactly what we need. I want to ******* scream right now...

back on topic of his js, as you said, will be a week to week thing. No way he'll be dropped after that performance. Every chance he repeats this against the Dockers and stays in. Can they play all 4? Doubt it.

Riccardi looked better than all 3 of them. 1st game against the Eagles in Perth, great effort by the kid.

I'm just trying to work out how he went at pick 51 and the Pies didn't go for him. Literally exactly what we need. I want to ******* scream right now...

back on topic of his js, as you said, will be a week to week thing. No way he'll be dropped after that performance. Every chance he repeats this against the Dockers and stays in. Can they play all 4? Doubt it.

You're telling me... He was at Werribee when North were aligned with them, so we saw him up close & still passed on him.

Oh, definitely he plays this week. After that is the issue.

Mosquito or Ricciardi? And why?
Riccardi for me.

Mozzie playing small forward, often a shocking role for SC.

Riccardi leading at the ball, 10 marks in his debut, vs the Eagles is impressive. Obviously JS concerns with Finlayson waiting, but if he keeps up the form, surely keeps playing. Himmelberg and Cameron probably get dropped before Riccardi after last match...

Rookies though, who knows

Riccardi for me.

Mozzie playing small forward, often a shocking role for SC.

Riccardi leading at the ball, 10 marks in his debut, vs the Eagles is impressive. Obviously JS concerns with Finlayson waiting, but if he keeps up the form, surely keeps playing. Himmelberg and Cameron probably get dropped before Riccardi after last match...

Rookies though, who knows
Yep I’ve switched and my preference is Riccardi now. Just wish we had teams for GWS before the Essendon game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back